What is suppose to happen Dec 21, 2012...

The “end of a cycle” thing is the most correct one in my view. In The Da Vinci code (yes i know most of that book is bs)i believe it said that in 2012 a cycle would end and that a new millenium of the aquarius would start (aquarius represent knowledge, truth) and that the millenium that ended was devoted mainly to religion…

My personal belief, if anything would happen, is an asteroid impact. But people could still survive. I always liked the expansion of the human consciousness as well. Everything is cyclic, even time.

The age of aquarius starts when 0 point of aries in the tropical zodiac enters sidereal aquarius… still a couple hundred years to go.

I really dont know what to think about Dreamspell, and Dec 21, 2012. I would love to believe it, that the phsyical reality will climax into a huge dream, or LD which is what I think might happen. Who knows we might just wake up and, realize that there was a worldwide shared dream, but it seems like the older you get the less you believe in magic. If I were in my twentys, I would really be fired up about this, but Im 32 now, and Ill be in my 40s, when the calander comes to an end. I feel like I dont have permision to beleive in such “nonsence”. I am a LDer, so I guess I do believe in the magic. Im confused… I dont know what to think. Like the “X Files”… “I want to believe” How do I know it isnt a cult? It is however backed up on a anchent dreaming culture. So I dont think it is a cult… Ill just keep up LDing, and see what happens.

My advice is to use your own self to discover this. Inside your Lucid Dreams ask for advice and information about 2012. Post the answers in our lovely forum. Have a nice day!

Alex C :stuck_out_tongue:

All we can do is to wait and see…

2012, huh? Sounds like a nice date for Oil Peak and/or beginning of Olduvai Slope.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do these names mean? :shy:

Oil Peak

Optimists say that we will just pay more for fuel and eventually switch to altenative sources of energy.
Pessemists say that our oil-based economy will collapse because of enormous costs of oil (f.e. 300$ for barrel) and it will be the end of civilazation as we know it.

More info: Wikipedia, Life After the Oil Crash.

Olduvai Theory

(I was slightly wrong - I meant “Cliff”, not “Slope” which precedes “Cliff”)

Olduvai Theory states that industrial civilization is meant to exist about 100 years. By “industrial civilization” the author means civilization which uses certain amount of energy per capita (per human) annualy. After I.C. reaches energy peak it will slope and then the great cliff in energy using follows. It mean there will not be enough energy for all cars, big cities, factories and plants in the world and it will be the end of I.C. and world economy (which requires to grow annualy to be healthy. No need to say if there is no enough energy it can’t grow).

Funny to say, The Cliff (rapid degradation of our I.C.) was placed by author to 2012, that’s why I remembered about Olduvai Theory right away as I saw the date. Look at this picture:

More info on Wikipedia.

Thanks for the info! :wiske:

I remember watching a documentary in ninth grade Scocial Studies that featured the whole Mayan Calendar thing – and it said it was the 23rd of December.

Why do doomsdays fascinate people so much?

december 21st is a friday. the 23rd is a sunday. Obviously your documentarians are simply hoping not to miss the weekend, but didn’t want to be held responsible for giving humanity any more mondays than absolutely necessary…

As for the question, well, it makes sense… It’s the last cool thing they’ll ever be able to do.

I never thought of it that way…how clever. :gni: But what about all the workaholics and Type A people out there? :tongue:

sorry if this had been suggested but aint the olypimcs in 2012 for london???

cudnt we the english win the olympics in our own country reuniting the great cause…no not booze and sex althoguht it sounds gd lol,but to stop poverty etc etc etc etc

hell make ur own conclusions

We are all gonna die anny way so F dooms day and lets try to have a good time while we have the chance.

nääh… i dont think that i want to die when im 22 years old :content: heh… i gonna think something out :tongue:

ive got it on 2012 dec 21 george w bush will be shot on 22 dec he will die , the world will rejoice. peactalks will happens all over the world , 3rd world hunger will be irradicated etc etc etc

By the time 2012 comes everyone will already know the world as we know it now can not continue any longer and many important changes are going to have to occur. It will not be a surprise at all when the date comes and we see what’s happening around us by that time. The collapse of the West has already begun and the state of the entire world is dependand on western stability is it not? I don’t think it’s going to be like “Oh, it’s 2012, I wonder what the special event is.” It will be more like “Holy Shit, how did we not see all this coming.” Although WE did :smile:, just not the ignorant part of the world.

There is not a shallow nor an ignorant person to be found on this message board. Everyone here has such vast differences in fundamental beliefs yet such similar outlooks on the interactions of human beings, regardless of explanations. People here are open to changing their beliefs if something suggests it would be wise. Anyone whose beliefs are cast in stone leave themselves no room to grow at all. I love how everyone talks so openly about their beliefs and can have rational conversations about that which science has not yet come to understand. “Science and Religion are not at odds, science is merely too young to understand.” (forget who said that but it’s a good one) I hate talking to people who follow mainstream religions about things like this. “I can’t believe that because Book A says I can’t.” I just wanna say “Think for yourself you stupid sheep!”

Anywho thats hella off topic but I had to post it and it had just occured to me after my last post.

Peace Out, Keep Dreaming

To Introspect:
I agree to almost everything that you’ve said, but, as far as I can see, there are quite a few fundamentalists on this board, so I’m afraid this post can attract some of them to this thread. Moreover, shallow and ignorant people can be found anywhere, at every corner of internet and in every institution, sad but true.
To jimmy:
Poor Bush! I don’t want anyone to be shot, neither I want anyone to rejoice on somebody being shot… Is it your own prophecy, or did you read it somewhere?