What is suppose to happen Dec 21, 2012...

There is an inoordinate amount of unfortunate pessism in this thread. 2012 represents a year of amazing possibility, potential, and an evolution of the human condition, the earth consciousness, and the uniting of the natural and spiritual realms of perceptual existence. Will it happen? None of us can know that for sure, but to completely toss the possibilities away as ridiculous is an unfortunate symptom of the skeptical/rational/empirical mode of western thought. Now, this is not to say that such prophesies need be followed dogmatically - clearly, this isn’t beneficial to anyone.

However, the possibilities of massive global consciousness evolution should serve as a boon of progress and hope for everyone on this board. The Mayans, Egyptians, Chinese (in the I Ching), Christians (via the metaphor of the Rapture), Buddhists, Tibetans - all the spiritual/religious institutions of belief share their own metaphoric allegories in a call for the possibility of a vast and sweeping change to the human condition. Many of them unite around 2012 date.

While, clearly, we might not want to buy into the lessons, dogmas, and incredibility of many of our current religions - the fact that many of them unite in this idea of a transformative shift/end/renewal of the condition of humanity should serve as a call to the open-minded to work toward the preparation of such a reality.

The possibilities and potentials will not be imposed upon, but instead we must actively work together to enculture this beautiful change in humanity and global life. Peak oil, global warming, volcanic disaster, extra-planetary collisions, nuclear war, and all other host varieties of destruction are imminent without a unity of human vision in the development of a new world.

Together, humanity shapes their reality through the development and enforcement of conscious thought projected into reality by daily intention and action. 2012 might serve as a call to fulfill a prophesy seen by many of the major world religions over the course of time - those of us who lurk in the wilderness of LD4ALL should take this as our call, a beckoning, for further understanding of the possibilities of transformation.

Or, I suppose you could sink back into a cynical mindset of staticism, surrending to a hopeless inability to cause any of the of beautiful potentials to be realized.

But, I think a lot of you are a heck of a lot more optimistic than that. :content:

I really enjoyed your well-written post Gemini Valley!

Hey! Thanks Explora!

The pessimism you talk about has more to do with peoples doubts about the validity of this prophecy, which, considering 99% of prophecies don’t come true is’nt a bad thing to do.

And honestly… Your theorie seems to me even more unlikely than poles switcing, humanity has never been at global peace, and as far as I’m concerned this is’nt even possible without humans education and survival mechanism drastically changing.
(or of course global plentyness of recourses or global anihalation(the first being practically impossible with current population and technology))

Well, I disagree with the way you read my post. I, personally, like to entertain the possibility of a movement of human consciousness developing over the next five or six years toward 2012. That does not mean that I expect everyone else to - I understand that the pessimism has a lot to do with doubts about the prophesies, and why wouldn’t it - the point I am trying to make is this:

It seems that the majority of major religions all believe in either some cataclysmic or renewing event (perhaps they’re a metaphor for the same thing, at least this is the way that I like to conceptualize the seeming consistencies), and many of the psychedelic pioneers over the past fifty years (I speak of Leary, McKenna, etc. and reaching past fifty years you have people like the amazing Rudolph Steiner) have also discussed visions and developments of understanding that humanity might be heading toward a revolution in consciousness. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, abruptly after 5000 years of painstaking mind-numbing calculation (they didn’t just get lazy, and say they were done). Daniel Pinchbeck has written a great book on all of this if you’re interested.

Anyways, now all of this doesn’t mean there is a predestined end/revolution in the works, but it CAN serve as catalyzing agent for our own intentional work toward a better society and deeper more meaningful self and human understanding.

I find it so depressing to think that simply because there has never been global peace that the possibility of such a thing is null. I’m sure we thought we would never fly, we would never touch the moon, we would never have pictures of planets millions of miles away, that we would wouldn’t develop understandings of galactic and quantum physical phenomena - we have. If our technical scientific understanding can be so progressive and evolve so quickly, there seems to me to be no reason that with the same amount of effort and work - that we could not learn to use our amazing technologies for the betterment of humanity. Many social theorists have discussed the reality that if human civilization were to turn the efficiency and prowess of our technological civilization away from obsessive entertainment commodity production, and instead use it to increase the living standards of humanity - that beautifuly drastic changes could be seen.

Do these things happen over night? No. Do they require incredible hard work, and a variety of cooperations and radical shifts in worldviews? Yes, yes they do. As improbably, as impossible as it all may seem - it is possible.

If all people would suddenly, care about eachother, that would work, but I don’t see any sence in angels comming down and telling us to love eachother.

Look, there is always a posibility, every moment, that global love will break out, however, without any huge/divine event happening this chance is so small that if you should take it serious you might as well enjoy the idea that tomorrow 11:34 exactly you will be hit by lightning.

As far as I’m concerned probability does’nt rule in favor of peace and love.

Heh… I spose you could even poetically state that the second law of thermodynamics forbids it ^^ (even though humans always actively try to fight enthropy it is inconceivable that we’ll ever win the battle (not only because enthropy, as a concept is timeless)).

Hey, I found the best discription of what will happen in 2012. This one comes from Barbara Hand Clow’s channel Satya, the Pleiadian, from Clow’s book The Pleiadian Agenda:

(I was researching the enigma of 23…and I found this. Apparently this is what they believe.)

December 23, 2012 A huge cycle ends in the Mayan calendar. Terence McKenna thinks the Eschaton will Immanetize. Other theories suggest the ice caps, having become wobbly from the gravitational pull exerted by the alignment offive planets directly opposing the Spaceship Earth on 5-5-2005, will cause the crust of the Earth to slip over the soggy innards, causing the ice caps to melt, and new ones to form. Of course, this will cause massive flooding, earthquakes, general mayhem and undoubtedly affect the quarterly earnings of Nike. All because the earth is slightly tilted, averaging about 23.5 degrees! (Refer to Graham Hancock’sFingerprints of the Gods for more background on this phenomenon. It ties in the Egyptians and other ancient civilizations, Atlantis, Osiris, star-charts, geological evidence, and hard physical evidence of the remnants of a lost, technologically superior pre-historic race.)

Awesome posts guys. If you’re interested in the 2012 phenomenon I would really recommend you read Daniel Pinchbeck’s 2012: The Return of Quetzlcoatl. It’s a fascinating book, and often references McKenna (whom is another fantastic alternative thinker).

Also, on other subjects if you’re not familiar with Seth, the personality essence channeled by Jane Roberts, you should really check “Seth Speaks” out.

Namaste.

Have you ever thought that the only thing that is going to happen is just a start of a new cycle? I’m guessing this is a big thing for humanity. the earth will not explode or anything else like that crap cause Earth has survived so many years. Don’t you think that we would know if something huge happened in the last end of a cycle? People just have to stop thinking that life is predictable. Ok the Mayans (or whoever made this) are awesome at foreseeing astronomy and all that, but life is ALWAYS changing and not even people like that can predict Earth’s movements. not even our computer models are correct! look at the global-warming graphs! They’re just machines. Earth is SO much more complex than ANY human can imagine.

Hrrm, maybe the rapture will happen… :plotting:

In any case, I personally think the world will become a worse off place in 2012. Something BIG will happen that will be really negative for everyone on earth. Perhaps another Al Gore would be born :sad:

well all we know is that we should just live life normally. The Mayans chose this day cause solar allignment will happen… (that’s pretty cool) so we should look foward to this and not dread it. If this happens ever 26 million years, we would know if something scary happened 26 million years ago, don’t you think? The Mayans chose a nice day to start a new era, no?

Maybe something will happen…Maybe 3/4 of the population will die off…I would actually kind of dig being a survivor. I’ve always been resourceful and reliant. My only downfall is I hate the 9 to five grind and Money is a headache…In an “End of the world” situation currency would be obsolete and one would have to rely on their survival skills. I would not have trouble providing myself with shelter or food. We would have to go back to hunting, gathering and trading. I know I would do allright. What a thrilling adventure it could be!!!
I have always felt that something BIG will happen in my lifetime. If we all die…Who cares? We all die anyways. I would prefer to live a long, happy, normal life instead…I would like to have children and grandchildren. I will continue to live my life as if 2012 is just another doomsday theory which wont come to pass…but if it does…

Well, here is another theory: In 2012, angels and demons will come to earth, and spread the humanity to other planets, giving them the ability to cast spells and do magic. Then, heaven and hell will fight on earth, and both will lose, and we will all live a happy, Atheistic lives, while raining fore on each other.

When 2012 comes, that is when the Vogons will come and how can I say it “Demolish Earth” to make way for the inter galatic high way. The reason the Mayan calendar is ending is because 2012 in the deadline to put in a request to have earth simply moved out of the way.

Well, no I don’t think that would happen. It could be the end of the calculation we’re supposed to be doing to come up with the ultimate question but is it really wise to base ideas about the real world on science fiction?
Then again, perhaps that idea was supposed to exist as part of the calculation and ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ is actually, quite ironically just another part of the calculation.
It could be possible that the calculation of the ultimate answer isn’t just a part of Earth, but also a part of the entire universe. Fate may all lead up to that one point where an answer is found. Or maybe 42 really is the answer and we’re in search of a reasonable question to produce such an answer. However, it boggles the mind to think of a question, significant to our existance, that would produce the answer 42.

I think something will happen December 12, 2012 but I’m not sure what to expect. I believe it to have some significance to the 23 phenomenon as 2+0=2 and 1+2=3 leaving 2 and 3, 23. At the time, I will be 23.
Take the numbers 2 and 3 and subtract one from the other in either direction and you’ll end up with 1 and -1. 1-1=0. This may not be significant at all but then again, it might be.
Maybe if you stare to long at anything you start to see patterns. I was staring at a psi-wheel under a glass attempting to move it. I got into a trance-like state where I was no longer staring at a piece of paper under a glass; instead it seemed as though I was staring at the stars. Focus on any point long enough and does this always happen? Are we really staring at an otical illusion? Does the real world physically exist?
2012 has the numbers 0 and 1 at it’s centre. Does this have any significance? As you may know, binary code is made up of zeroes and ones but we can translate the idea into a choice between two states. Perhaps every infinite choice that’s ever been made in the universe all creates one bigger choice in a larger universe. Perhaps we need to decide between 0 and 1 and the decision may affect our own existance.

I’ve rambled on for quite a bit and I’m not entirely sure that everything I’ve written is relevant. The truth is, I don’t know exactly what to think of 2012 but I have a feeling something’s going to happen.

you know maube the mayanns were just being stupid.they died out mainly and believed in crazy rituals.

But ask yourself. Why would they be stupid? Why make a calender that goes years past when they died out?

interestingly enough, heres my take on it…

i got my information from

viewzone.com/endtime.html

the solar system is on an axis rotating around the center of the milky way, but much like pluto’s orbit, ours is a little out of wack, at the current moment our solar system is on the “top” of the milky way galaxy. the solar system has been traveling towards the center axis… hmm hard to explain but try and follow it… and on that date, we are supposed to cross that axis and be on the bottom of the galaxy… while on the axis we will be precisely aligned with the center of the Galaxy where there is maximum mass. More mass means more gravity acting on the sun.

Also on that day, saturn and jupiter will be aligned, which means even more gravitational forces acting on the sun.

gravitational forces acting on the sun have been shown to affect sunspots on the sun and solar flare activity… solar flare activity seems to be on an 11 year cycle, around the same time that it takes jupiter to orbit the sun.

all that seems to point to a huge increase in solar flair activity, that and the earths weakening magnetic field means that we are less protected from the harmful particles…

what i find funny is that solar flares disrupt short wave communication, and cause blackouts, kinda like an emp… but if a huge one were to hit earth, it could cause a world wide blackout… but then the radiation would also be enough to probably kill all life…

(i got all my info from… viewzone.com/endtime.html)

This sounds like the most likely thing to happen, if anything at all. But isn’t it possible like previously stated that it’s just the start of a new cycle? I don’t believe in the rapture or anything like that, so I don’t know.

Isn’t it also possible that other advanced tribes of the past made calenders that ended in 2005, '06, or '07? And we just haven’t found these calenders, or ever heard about them? I think so. There have been SO many predictions about the end of time in the past that I find it hard to believe anything about the end, although I do think it might be possible to predict when a big geological event would take place, such as the one Redifin was talking about.