What technique is good for me

Okay, so I am a medium sleeper when I’m asleep, I normally only wake up to alarms and if I normally only wake up, but I can take a while to sleep, if I have something on my mind, or am too hot, I find if I keep saying I am Dreaming over and over it takes me hours to sleep, so what is a good technique for me to use or any tips to overcome not falling asleep while thinking something. Thanks

Well if you don’t do any sports if you are passive through the day then maybe some exercise at some normal time to make you more tired might help with sleep. Just if go for a run might help a lot but don’t do it to late because then again you will have trouble falling asleep because your body is going to be very much awake…

There is a very good advice which we don’t care about in this modern times, and it’s about how much and when do we use computers, watching TV, smartphones and so on and on… Night time is the worst time but we do it anyway. It’s recommended to not use those devices at least 1 hour before sleep time because all that light hitting our eyes is telling our brain that it’s time to be awake, our brain thinks that it’s morning and it needs to awake the body… And that brings to reduced melatonin levels in our bodies which means less REM sleep which means less dreams…

If you have problems going back to sleep in the middle of the night then don’t repeat mantra over and over, heck it’s even better to say it just a few times with meaning then repeating it over and over…

Hey there! I also take a while to sleep, and I’ll agree with most of what dB_FTS said, though I am just too addicted to technology to go without it an hour before sleep :razz:

Repeating mantras can also be tricky for me, so there’s two things that I found helped. One, at the beginning of the night I use autosuggestion instead of MILD. Basically, instead of trying to make the thought the last thing I think before I sleep or whatever, I just repeat it until I feel like the intention is set. Think of it like reminding yourself to do homework or pay a bill. You don’t have to constantly think of it, you just need the intention. And you don’t have to do it just when you go to bed, you can do it throughout the day.

Even if you use an alarm, I’d still suggest trying any techniques 4-6 hours after first going to bed (I find 4.5 hours is easiest for me to fall asleep again). It just makes life easier.

All that aside, I also suggest you check out this topic from the FAQs and tutorials section.