What technique?

I haven’t had a lucid dream in a couple of weeks, now. I think that I really need to find a technique that will work best for me. I’ll say a bit about myself, and then please tell me what technique you think would work best for me? Thanks. (Oh, and please don’t comment if you’re just going to tell me to try them all out and see what works best for me.)

Anyways…

I am in my early teens. I go to bed at around 10:30-11:00 and get up at 7:00 on a week day. I usually set my alarm to ring at 6:30ish and then keep hitting the ‘sleep’ button to slowly wake myself up. I set my alarm for 4:00 in the morning also, and I’m used to waking up and going back to sleep at around that time.

I have had around 20 short lucid dreams. I’ve never succeeded in anything but MILD and RCILD, but I want to find a more reliable method. I can keep my concentration very well. I fall asleep very easily. It usually takles me around 5 minutes to fall asleep each night. However, FILD has never worked for me.

I am very determined. I have excelent dream recall, and remember 2 or 3 dreams every night. However, I have never become lucid in a dream unless it is very high quality.

Please say what method you think would be best for me. If you say WILD, tell me what version of WILD (there are many different ways to do it). Also, if you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks! :tongue:

1st of all, youre not getting enough sleep.
About WILD, which is obviously the technique you want to use, i would suggest doing the one where you close your eyes, waiting for SP, then think of a place you want to dream, watch it appear, then jump into the dream.
But really, any kind of WILD should work if you have good concentration and fall asleep easily. Some methods are adapted for people who dont fall asleep easily (DILD), and some for people with bad concentration (FILD and the counting one) but if you have no problems in these 2 areas you should be fine with any kind of WILD

How much sleep am I supposed to get? I get 8 hours, and when I wake up at 4 I go right back to sleep. I don’t really seem to have any problems with lack of sleep.

8 hours is enough sleep, 9 is recomended but you’ll be fine as is :content:. Have you checked out BenDrummin’s Infinity program? It combines a lot of techniques and deals a lot with autosuggestion. It takes a lot of work, but you can alost bet that you will see an increase in LD’s with it.

You might try pushing your alarm up some, like a half or or so. For some people, 5.5 hours helps more with a WBTB than just 5. Also, a great technique I’ve been using lately is VILD. After your WBTB session, try to imagine a certain dream scenario. Keep repeating it over and over while visualizing yourself doing RC’s throughout it. More on VILD here.