White Blank Space in Dreams

I’m just curious (even though this does reveal a secret dream again), has anyone ever dreamed of yourself but you’re looking into a deep space of Whiteness? like everything is Blank?

I sometimes get dreams of myself floating in space. Instead of space being black with stars, it’s the opposite. It’s white. It’s like whiteness everywhere. The best example I can give can come from the movie, The Matrix. It’s when Neo goes into the Matrix to upload programs. It’s the scene where Morphious shows Neo the truth of the future and real world as they are surrounded by whiteness. It’s like a blank space.

I guess another way of describing could be you feel like your in a cloud, or Heaven like afterlife or something. Or… How about this. You see nothing. Absolutely nothing (nothing but whiteness everywhere), but you are dreaming that you are there.

Mysterious things happen to me while I’m there, whether I’m walking, flying, or just floating in this blank (white) space. I didn’t know if anyone had a similiar experience.

1 Like

Oh :happy: I’ve had a similar experience :yes: I was falling in white space and :uh: I think Wolf was in it :unsure:

I think it’s just my subconscious being lazy :roll:

I had this just once, but I wasn’t drifting. There was a floor, and I could feel it beneath my feet. It didn’t last long, however, because soon I discovered I could make things out of the whiteness, and made myself a little cabin with weird furniture. :razz:

That’s where I go to construct my dreamscapes as well as where I went to construct my two existing DreamWorlds. :content: I think the blank-white void’s a cool place for dreams.

It’s very mystical, the white void. A lot of strange stuff has happened to me there. I can create anything there or just about do anything, even spiritually. To me it’s a place to know well enough it’s dream, but still be able to dream. Lucid dream.

Hey cool! I had this same thing happen to me, and i posted it in the First Steps to Lucidity sub-forum when I got here a couple of days ago.

[Lack of important details)

It’s a very weird experience!

I have had several dreams of the black void and one or two of the white cloud.

In one of the white dreams, I realized I was asleep and managed to start a lucid dream.

White void? Interesting. Were you sleeping in daytime when you foudn yourself there or were you having lights on?

No lights. I keep my bedroom fairly dark.
One white cloud dream was around 6:30 am.

I find that sometimes waking life sounds penetrate into my dream world. But I haven’t found light or darkness from waking life affecting my dreams.

It has nothing to do with real life influences. In my case, the white void was just another part of the dream that carried on from an earlier scene - just an ordinary dream, except that the scenery was replaced by whiteness. It “felt” exactly the same as usual, if that makes any sense.

Thank you for sharing. I have had a somewhat similar experience. In 2016 my nonna passed away at 92. I asked for a sign of her well-being soon after, and about a week later I had a dream in a giant, bright white void, similar to the setting you describe. She was across from me and we had a conversation. I don’t know what we talked about, but it brought me peace.

There was a dream I had a while back. Don’t remember how it started but I do remember how I got too lucid and aware.

From what I remember it started where I had a family and was married. I had a house. I was at the backyard where there was tall bushes and a grill. I was preparing it for my friends. I was looking at the grill before I looked up at the yard only to find my recent house I’ve been growing up since I was a kid, as well my friendly neighbor house. I stared at it for a while before I realized it was a dream. I started talking saying. “This isn’t real. This is a dream, I’m sure of it.” Then I heard my supposedly wife asking me. “How sure are you that this is a dream? It could be real.” I replied back to (her) “I’m sure it’s a dream, I do not know your face nor these kids. When I turn around. I’m gonna be somewhere else that’s not this place.”

I felt it touch my shoulder as if it were trying to comfort me. I turned around and saw what was truth. What I saw was the ocean. I was standing there feeling the damped sand in my toes before I heard it voice again. “You were right. This is a dream, how did you know?” I replied to it “Because it’s the one thing I want. love and a family.” when I turned around to see the figure. All I saw was a white blank space and there it was. Standing there with no face or skin. just a black outline of a humanoid figure. We talked hours and hours what it was and what the world is. What I was told where I was is called Limbo. A space between being conscious and dreaming. A place where not even time exist.

Saw this thread a few years ago because I couldn’t figure out what this dream meant and was looking up “white liminal space dream” and stuff like that to no avail until I found this thread. This was the most recurrent dream I had as a child, I haven’t had it lately but it stuck with me so much it keeps nagging at my mind so I had to get it out there.
I start in the dream in a bright white expanse, floating but not in a medium so I am unable to move around. I don’t move a single muscle, as it feels almost joyous to not move, as if moving and using energy is taking away a pleasure I feel of sorts. Eventually I begin to move but I start incredibly slowly, I twitch a finger, and in the white space at no perspected depth or length away, a wash of vibrant colors begin to appear in the void. Think of it like a fluid that turns into beautiful colors when disturbed at all. Eventually I start to move more, slowly working my way up my body as if it regaining motor function, which begins to fill the void with endlessly beautiful colors. At this point I don’t care if I’m losing joy from staying still I am fascinated by the colors that are surrounding me. Eventually I am moving my entire body around, like I’m wriggling trying to flex every muscle to see every single color I possibly can. These colors however begin to take shape, slowly conversing into an image with the white expanse surrounding it. The image was a vibrant psychedelic elephant, almost identical to the typical Ganesh iconography, however he has both tusks and they are wildly long like a mammoths instead of an eastern elephants. This 3-D image of Ganesh as I continue to move becomes enormously large to the point where I am looking directly above me to even try to take in its enormity. After this the dream cuts and I awake. I’ve had that dream probably 15 times as a child and it was consistently the same every single time. I took it as idleness brings comfort but also does not allow you to experience all there is to offer in the world, as you get joy from doing what you want but you do not get to see all life has to offer (represented by the colors In the dream). Once you do make that commitment to not be passive in your own life can you open your mind to the full perspective of the world, which to me is just the truth of the world. Experience breeds truth, and hibernating your life away brings you further and further from the enlightenment you deserve.

1 Like