Why are these here boards dead now?

:yes: Welcome back.

And welcome back to lucidfrogtx :content:

Some of the sub forums have become less active but the DJ forum, Quest and Lucid adventures are still active. :grin:

Instead of posting in a topic titled Why are the boards dead wouldn’t it be better to reply to an interesting topic or even start a new one to raise activity :tongue:

I remember you Rubik, nice to see you around here again :cool:

started posting on these here forums when I was 13, am 19 now. Wow, time flies.

I’ve hung around pretty loyally over the years since joining; but I’m not the most internet savvy and post little. I’ve developed quite a fondness for this place though (and some of its characters!), so perhaps I should take a more active part. I notice a lot of the major discussions come round like the seasons, so perhaps the people who’ve given many pounds of two-pennies’-worths see diminishing returns in wading in again. On the other hand the major questions in fields as grand as philosophy and historiography have been the same since they were discussed on papyrus and wax, so it doesn’t necessarily indicate that the intellectual discourse is moribund. Lucid dreaming isn’t always available on demand, so the gathering of new data is an understandably sporadic process!

I wonder whether a big group of people use this website until they become reliable lucid dreamers, then simply go off on adventures of their own. Have any of you drifted in that direction? Between them and those who make little progress and give up I imagine we’d catch a fair proportion of user turnover.

One thing to note is that the discussions which are only visible to members don’t appear in the “recent posts” log, so if you’re just nipping in to check it can look as if nothing’s changed for days, while in fact a lot’s been going on behind the public face. New visitors may assume it’s a dead forum and never get far enough to sign up and see the reality.