WILD:ing before i knew it existed

I once was falling asleep and i was having the symptoms of going into a WILD.
It was kind of freaky but felt very nice. I started feeling paralyzed and then a warm, nice, vibrating feeling started in my gut and spread out all over my body. When it reached my head i got the charecteristic buzzing sound in my ears. Also I noticed the pattern before my eyes. But I didn’t get futher than that.

I tried it again last night. Just laying completly still, as comfortable as i could and my body started feeling numb. but then i started feeling weightless and i had the disorienting feeling you have when you start to dream (non-lucidly) and you dream you slip or fall and wake up by a strong spasm, like gaining you balace or something. (I have it sometimes when i just fall asleep). It felt i was spinnig, for at first like the bed or room was spinning, like i was really drunk. but then i started spinning the other axis, spinning sideways, like i was rolling on my side down a hill (that axis of spinning) but it felt like i was falling. pretty scary, but in a nice rollercoaster-way. i didn’t reach lucid.

are there any good tricks on getting from the point of almost going to sleep in SP into a lucid dream?

In all my wilds, i allways had this spinning sensation… The dream usually starts 20 secs or so after spinning feeling stops.

I really dunno why i get this spinning sensation, also the angle i spin at, seems random. Anyway when you get the spinning, just flow with it… The wild should be right around the corner.

wow I never knew about that…one less thing to be scarred about should I ever get that far using the WILD method.

Is there a time before or after the spinning that you notice everything becoming real calm? (I become scarred of a moment where I can’t see anything, can’t hear anything, and can’t feel my body, I feel trapped in a way and begin to panic)

There really isn’t anything to be scared of while attemping a WILD. It’s not like you can damage yourself if you do something wrong. :wink:

There are several stages you can easily notice. Sometimes if I’m getting close to falling asleep (ie, random thoughts occuring and visualizations), I can recover and regain complete consciousness. Doing this, I always notice my hearing return, because the many humming deivces surrounding me all seem to turn back on at once.

This is why I often question the usefulness of subtle audial signals to induce Lucid Dreaming. Are they even noticed by the subconscious mind?

Well according to LaBerge, LD induction through sound isn’t too good because sound is something that you are aware of as you sleep and it can alert you from danger, in turn waking you up opposed to giving you a cue. It sort of makes sense too.

I’ve overcome my fears of WILD, but I find it hard to keep myself…in my head. As soon as I become lost in my thoughts and begin to fall asleep consciously I keep getting back to ‘me trying to sleep’.

Do I have to keep practicing this, or is there a way to prevent being knocked back to reality? The longest I’ve been able to hold it is about 10 seconds, then I remember where I am…

Of course you have to keep practising it :wink:

The idea is to keep your conscious mind active, so rather than thinking about where you are in RL, try instead to simply use your imagination as much as you can.

Using my imagination is what I do to fall asleep. When I have nothing to think about at night, I just make up stories and flow with them and then at some point fall asleep-but I NEVER remembered how far I got in my story.

Well I guess you’re right…I’m leaning too much towards RL and don’t fall asleep.

One thing: I have found that my imagination is so much more powerful after attempting WILD method for about 20 min, to the point where I can just think up entire sceneries. I’m just worried that I might get lost in them and fall asleep.