WILD Questions

For a while now i been trying to WILD so i have a few questions that id like anwsered: thanks for any help :cool:

1. What is the best time to WILD?

2. I know i can dream during naps but is it possible to WILD?

3. Everytime I try to WILD almost every day, i never get farther than starting to count, i always wake up the next day and relise i got nowhere, again :cry:

4 This one has been bothering me for a while now, when trying to WILD im always on my side. Should I be trying to WILD facing up? :confused:

I can only answer the 4th one.

Honestly, I find it works better facing up. When I’m lying sideways, I find I can’t focus that well. However, try both and see what works for you :smile:

in studies it has shown that i think laying on your right side will make you something like 18% more prone to lucid dream but hey is better than nothing :wink:

as for 1,2,and 3:
1.the best time is after you WBTB about 3-4 hours of sleep
2.WILD can be done almost anytime but it gets tricky during certain parts for me
3.i have had this problem too its annoying but i think its best to get atleast a little bit of sugar or cafffeine in you, not too much but just enough to help you a bit like a tall glass of applejuice its what i drink every night before i sleep

[mod]edited in to previous post. please edit instead of double posting[/mod]

Hello KingOmar.
IMO the best time to WILD is during an afternoon nap (which answers your second question). Or you could use it in combination with WBTB :spinning:
For your third question, you’re probably too tired when you WILD in the evening. Try what I said in the answer to your first question…although it is possible. Just really stay focused. Perhaps use an MP3 about lucid dreaming? (I believe you may be able to find a file to upload in the Lucid Lab threads).
And yes lying on your back is very ideal for WILD. But, IMO Lying on my stomach is just as effective.
I hope that I have answered your questions to your expectations :spinning:
Take care and GL on your lucid dreaming!

The WILD FAQ
It’s really well done, and made recently. Check it out.

what you said about after 3-4 hours of sleep- I find that it works better after 6-8, actually, but we all have our opinions
for 3., do you get up properly and awaken yourself before going to bed? Because if you dont, it impossible to stay awake to WILD. However, if you dont wake yourself up, do a MILD. Youll fall asleep in 5 seconds and realize youre ina dream

1. What is the best time to WILD?
As others have said, after a few hours of sleep. You’ll want to have nice long REM periods, so it’s best to try it after at least 5-6 hours of sleep. It can be done with less, but it’s usually harder, as REM periods are shorter. Also, afternoon naps work, but I can never fall asleep in the middle of the day.

I’ve done it with 4 hours of sleep, 5-6 hours, and even 9+ hours (on especially lazy days when I don’t feel like getting out of bed).

2. I know I can dream during naps but is it possible to WILD?

You don’t usually sleep deeply during naps. REM onset is usually fast, if not near-instant. So not only is it possible to WILD, it might actually be easier than at any other time.

That is, IF you can actually fall asleep during the middle of the day. I couldn’t do that if my life depended on it. Unless I skipped an entire night beforehand, which sort of defeats the purpose.

3. Everytime I try to WILD almost every day, i never get farther than starting to count, i always wake up the next day and relise i got nowhere, again :`(
I know the feeling. It means that you were too tired and didn’t wake yourself up enough to WILD. What I do before a WILD is write down my dreams that I had up till that point. That usually takes me around 15 minutes, by which time my mind is pretty awake. Also, I often go to the bathroom, especially if I don’t have any dreams yet.

This is one of the hardest parts of WILD for me. It’s delicate. If I’m not awake enough, I will simply fall asleep, like you. If I’m too awake, I’ll be counting to 500 and still not be in a dream. But if you can find the right balance, it’s fairly straightforward.

4 This one has been bothering me for a while now, when trying to WILD im always on my side. Should I be trying to WILD facing up? :???:
Lying on my back helps me focus. I usually do that if I feel that I’m not awake enough.

Lying on my side makes it easier to fall asleep. It can help if I’m “too awake”, but not always.

I don’t know about those scientific studies that say that LD’s are more likely when you’re sleeping on your right side, but I’ve done WILD on all sides, so far, so it’s definitely possible. Just do what is most comfortable for you.