WILD Utopia

I’m not too sure if I’m getting any progress here… But this is what keeps happening:

Either:
-My HI gets quite vivid, but I just “lose myself” in it and fall asleep
Or:
-I get a “falling” sensation, or sometimes also a “jerky” feeling of my whole body tipping forwards. This is actually quite relaxing, and consequentially I just fall asleep :tongue:

Any help?

seems like a good technique, im gonna try it now

I tried the new U-Wild version last night. Those three 5 minutes relaxation exercises sure got me relaxed. I wrote those 4 sentences, counted 10 deep breaths, and waited for HI, which never came… Actually, HI only happened 2 or 3 times since I have been on this forum, for what I remember.

So, I guess that is what I should work on, seeing those Hypnagogic Images. Do you have any tips on getting HI ?

I’ll give it another try tonight and this week.

Don’t try to see it. Just think about stuff in your minds eye. gradually, things will appear without you being in control. Like you start to see faces, diffrent things.

For me I’m not sure if it’s HI. I know it’s bright colors that you see in your minds eye, but I get these visuals as if I’m awake but I don’t see the image as if I’m awake. I know it doesn’t make any sense, kind of hard to explain.

Yo! Im Back!! :content: any body miss me? My computer problem has been fixed and now I am back! Yay! :grin: Its been what… a week or somthing, but now Im back!! I have some juciy info for ya, but I have barly got my internet problem fixed, and I will post that info a little bit later.

Thanks MatrixManNeO for coming by!
:mrgreen_hat:

And Special Thanks to exshade! :thumbs:

:welcome: back Reaper!!!

good to be back! :content: ^^

[b]UF-WILD updates

-Over concentration can be bad. It can lead to waking up 5 times a night, and failer in WILD. If you are too focused it may interfer with your WILD and cause you to mess up. So over focusing will not help.
-HI is the most important aspect of WILD. You need to get HI going, and you need to find a way to do so. It can help to visualize random objects for a while and than let HI come naturally.
-HI will come and go. As long as they become more and more real, and they keep coming back you are ok.
-At first your HI will probably be real bad.
-Time is one of the keys to this technique. As long as you maintain the HI, and they become more real and real your ok. Just give it time and everything will work out.
-Ignore your body. Paying attentiont to your body will make your body jerk or twitch.
-Over time the things in your head will become more real. Sounds, sights, movement ect. It will come and go.
-Do not get fustarted becuase of “HI shutdowns” or anything of that nature. It WILL happen as long as it keeps happening eventually your REM will not mess up and you will WILD.
-Do not think of other things. Focus on watching the HI.
-Over time you will get better at manipulating HI.

• Through the proccess try to relax your body, but do not think about it. If you do not move. Your body should naturally go into a deeper state.
    -Keep aware!
    -What matters is your ability to watch HI without loosing REM, or falling asleep.
    -Keep going keep trying, stay focused.
    -Remember not to over exert yourself.

Go Check the “HOW TO USE THE UF-WILD TECHNIQUE” part of the guide. I am editing it now.[/b]

Thx Altheman, I will try this tonight after the main steps of u-wild.

About those HI, once I had a really clear one. For some reason, I saw my cousin J. He looked like a white ghost silouette one a black background. I had just woke up and was falling back to sleep. The image was very clear, even if it was in black and white…

Was that HI ?

Yep, dude if it is an image or scene. It is HI

Can anyone help me out here…?

About that jerky feeling, I too have that feeling, like I am missing a step and get the falling sensation which is enough to “wake me up”, or get me back to reality… It doesn’t happen every night but still quit often.

Any chance this could be a pre-sign to sleep paralysis?

i dont think its working… i have tried this for 3 nights and i cant seem to get any HI! :confused:
Can you tell me why?

In fact, in order to get SP, your body must be already paralyzed.
And the jerky movement of the whole body which someone has as they trip over an obstacle is probably due to the fact that your whole body isn’t paralyzed yet. I think.

And I have a question for Reaper.
When you say you must watch HI, and not see it, does that mean you have to watch it as if it was played on a TV screen? As if you consciously knew that these images/scenes through that screen were made up by your own mind (could be used both as an image and as a true technique)?

If that’s the case, I think it would be a pretty good technique;
WATCHING your HI and BEING CONSCIOUS of it but as a viewer from the outside (hence the TV screen “image”).

Yea, SRV73, I can tell you that “trying” to see HI isn’t very effective. It’s easier to daydream, like your watching a TV, and then it will come to you when it’s ready. I’ve found out the trying to get stuff to happen almost makes it so that it will never happen in the first place.

Here’s my WILD experience I had just last night:

I get to bed around 9:30 PM and put in my earbuds so I can listen to some tunes on my phone while I get relaxed (listening to music always helps me get to sleep faster). For some reason, I decided I would try to do a WILD before doing WBTB (I guess I just wanted to try it :tongue:). I’m naturally good at doing WILDs (this I figured because I can always get my body relaxed and numb, and feel “sensations” every time I try; I got HI on my first WILD ever :wink: ), so I wanted to get back into lucid dreaming my way.

Anyway, I got relaxed and thought about where I would show up in my lucid dream, and what I would do. Soon, my feet started to feel numb, and the feeling crept up my legs within time. Now, I must admit that the music did get annoying when I was trying to focus in the later period (I didn’t want to move my hand to shut it off :grin:, and I was having a hard time keeping my eyelids relaxed as well. Nonetheless, I felt a warm surge of “static numbness” wash over my body after a few more mintues, and then I felt as if the blackness behind my eyelids got closer to me, and I felt it move…It was weird :neutral:.

Soon after, I feel like I’m rocking back and forth; like I’m in a ride at a circus that is going in a vertical circle, but the pod you are in is spinning as well. (That’s as best as I can describe it). My music then shut off, and I was just lying there, hearing my breathing and counting in my head (1, I’m dreaming, etc.) I tried to “look” for HI and wondering my it wasn’t showing up, but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes relaxed, and I started to get warm. I thought about whether I should keep going or not, but then decided to quit because I thought it would do no good: the combination of the bad timing, music, and sleep needed drove me to end it. I went to sleep normally, got up at 4:30 AM, went to the BR, laid down, found out I was hungry, had a hard time getting relaxed because I was hungry, and tried to go to sleep. (I found out you should always satisfy your bodily needs before trying to sleep, AT ALL. :neutral: )

So it was a wasted effort for that night, but I haven’t lost confidence in my abilities, and I learned that “trying” to get something to appear is a waste of time :grin: . Instead, don’t worry about it, and eventually it will come.

Woah, seems like you got a real control upon your WILD technique.
I have one question : I feel like you skipped the part where you’re supposed to watch the HI; your “thinking about where [you] would show up in [your] lucid dream, and what [you] would do” maybe was your means of having the aforementioned HI, wasn’t it?

Because you’ve gotten a nice outcome out of your try.

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear: I was looking for HI in the blackness of my closed eyelids after I became tired of reciting where I would be and what I would do in my dream. The latter part I was daydreaming, as in seeing in my head; visualizing. I was looking for HI in the blackness…Does that clear things up for you?
I also found out that you aren’t supposed to start thinking about your dream until after you’ve started seeing HI. So in a sense, I became too involved. I know what to do tonight at 4:30 AM :content: ! Wish me luck, bro.

I got it, man!!

You’re pretty clear now.
OK guys, now is my turn to try this technique.
Keep you posted tomorrow morning.

PS : I’m French, it’s 2:11AM Tuesday 16th.
taybrown90, are you from France too?
Because you’ve said you’re gonna try this again tonight at 4:30 AM.

lol, no, I live in Maryland in the USA. So I still have 7 hrs of sleep until 4:30! I’ll tell you tommorow if I got it right. :wink: BTW, it’s 9:18 PM here still.

Reaper here. Yes thinking is not somthing you need to do, remember its not good to force anything to hard. Oh yes Wilde falling alseep is bad I also had trouble with, you could try to focus more, or think about somthing trying to wake up the logical part of your brain. A good way to stay awake is to try to make your HI appear more real and real, like by manually influencing them to get better. This can keep you occupied and should help with the technuqe. wannaLD you need to visualize. You could do this by day dreaming, or remembering an object. You need to influence HI to come. Try visualizing your kitchen or somthing like that. After a while the HI should apear random and should start coming by themselves.