WILD vs. DILD

Hello, I was reading this book Exploring the world of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold (which by the way this site was almost based on, word for word in a couple places) and it states that WILD s account for a very small minority, 5-10% in his case and 28% in lab tests, of LD s. So why are WILD s so talked about when Dream induced lucid dreams (DILD) are far more common? Of course the book is dated and since I myself haven’t (yet) had a LD maybe times have changed and WILD s are more common.

I’d say WILD is more talked about because it’s a very exciting way to enter a lucid dream and it often brings with it a higher level of lucidity. The thing is WILD is usually more difficult then a DILD because rather than just noticing your dream is a dream you have to stay conscious through the entire process of your body falling asleep. So DILD works more often for people because it’s far easier, but WILD is a more desirable way to have a lucid dream and is more frequently talked about.

Oh ok

Another reason is that even if you have practiced DILD, it’s out of your control whether you really realize you’re in a dream. Maybe you do, maybe you don’t.

Having mastered WILD, you got hands on control. It’s totally your decision if and when you want to have and LD.

That’s the primary reason why I’m practicing WILD.