Writing in deams?

a few nights ago I had a dream in which, after some difficulty, I wrote my own name. after I woke it occurred to me that I didn’t remember ever having done so in a dream previously. does anyone have any experience with writing your own name (or anything else) in a dream? how did it go?

I have art dreams sometimes, where I wrote a poem or made lots of paintings I could never recreate in real life.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve dreamt of writing in my DJ. Usually those are very accurate, realistic, and frustrating to find that I didn’t actually record my dreams like I thought.
Aside from that, it’s not often that I will find myself actually writing (to be fair, I don’t hand write much in waking life either). When it does happen, it’s not usually difficult, but the writing doesn’t stay the same. I’ll re-read something I already wrote to find “that’s not what I meant to write” or similar.

I don’t know that I’ve ever written my name, specifically. :hmmm: I wonder if it would change, the same way other writings have.

1 Like

When I paint in dreams, I’m a lot better artist than in waking life. In some dreams I write in my dream journal without issue, but usually I forget the dreams I wrote down when I actually wake up.

My experience in both waking life and dream life is exactly the same Ysim’s.