Written DJ?

I’ve recently been looking at buying a journal so that I can start writing down my dreams, instead of typing them out. Most of the dreams I’ve recorded, I’ve done so straight to my LD4all DJ. I understand the benefits of writing your dreams down on paper, but one thing is holding me back. I feel that if I kept a physical diary I would have to write the dreams in such a way so that if someone ever got a hold of the diary, it wouldn’t embarrass me. There will some day be a case where someone finds the diary, or I have to reveal what is in it, this knowledge will greatly reduce the accuracy of what I’m writing.

Surely this is a problem many of you have faced, what do you guys think I should do?

I’ve kept a written journal for a bit longer than a year until I finally decided to save them on my computer. I worried that keeping my dreams on my computer rather than in my paper DJ was too impersonal, but I’m very happy with the choice I made, it’s just so much easier and faster than writing them down by hand (I’m lazy…) and I’m using a programm which allows me to keep track of my dream themes, DS,…

My question is, if you are worried about keeping a written DJ, why do you want to do that in the first place? I didn’t worry so much about someone reading my DJ, because I either haven’t written the embarrassing dreams down or if I did, I wrote only short notes without a lot of details so that nobody besides me would know how exactly the dream took place.

I guess it has something to do with wanting to come back to them in a few years, and having a physical record, something real that I can read. Also, as you said, keeping them online seems to be less personal. I think there may also be some benefit in not having to get up to the computer to write the dream down in the mornings.