2012 the end.

Just search Hopi Indians Prophecy in google, plenty of info…and since the last sign was “You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease” I searched Space/2012 and that is what came up…kind of scary.

Thats why this happens, I saw this fate years ago, I assumed it would happen this year, and it is the humanitys fault, yet is there a way to be saved if you are one with overhuman abilities :tongue:

Yes and on the first day of 2013 I will be like “hahahahhah. Told ya!” :happy:

First contact with the Galactic Federation is to happen Oct 14
if especially, everyone who wants it asks for it and focuses for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=lnEi7BgO5uE

The galactic Federation, as in Scientology? I don’t know about that Eyelids, sorry.

Uhhh…ok…

I saw in the newspaper once:

The end-2009 or 2013?

The book of revelation states that Jesus will save us.

Newton,besides physics,he tried decoding the date of the apocalypse.
Before dying,he left a number on a peice of paper:2060

Signs of the end are everywhere…
You better not have these issues in mind,otherwise you might get distracted…
Just live your lives and hope noting will happen… :smile:

It’s like a wolfgame:P
Nobody but God knows what will happen tommorrow

Ok I was reading some more…Another Hopi prophecy warns that nothing should be brought back from the Moon – obviously anticipating the Apollo 11 mission that returned with samples of lunar basalt. It this was done, the Hopi warned, the balance of natural and universal laws and forces would be disturbed, resulting in earthquakes, severe changes in weather patterns, and social unrest. All these things are happening today, though of course not necessarily because of Moon rocks.

I was reading diffrent things that can happen on 2012 and one thing that ususally devastate human population is plauge/diasese…well im a wikipedia hopper and I ended up reading about mars…and they talk about the mars curse…where it’s like a warning because most missions fail to get to mars…well a stumbled onto this…

Phobos-Grunt

Orbiter, lander, sample return

Will attempt to bring samples of Phobos’ soil back to Earth on 2012

Another thing I was reading was bringing uknown diseases to a new place…like I dunno planet earth!

Most people know the whole 2012 thing came from the Aztec calendar ending at 2012. Well, the end of the calendar wasn’t meant to be the end of the world, just the end of an age in Earth’s history. There was predicted to be some major event, that would be considered the dawn of a new age, such as the renaissance ended the dark ages. Personally I think the whole thing is going to amount to about as much as the new millennium did. Huge reputation, nothing actually happens.

at the risk of posting again in this topic — come on people, do you really need the world to end, in order to have any reason whatsoever to embrace life? go read Nietzsche, the bunch of you! — i must beg to differ. and at the same time, i hope to elucidate a couple of concepts here.

first, the maya calendar was mindblowingly accurate. for starters, they predicted the dawn of men — and the dawn of men is somewhere in the middle of the evolutionary segment between the homo faber and the homo sapiens. it sure is a huge span of time, but they point somewhere in the middle of it and hey — if they’re guessing, they’re the only civilisation to ever guess it right. science nowadays posits the exact same thing: after men discovered crafts and started fabricating tools (homo faber), a process of sexual distinction lead them to form the first hordes. something of a rudimentary notion of power emerged, and in order to acquire more power, hordes had to spread and consolidate themselves, at which point the notion of incest emerges — culminating in the institution of family, which is for many the first step into culture, or, in other words, the birth of the homo sociologicus, the first human hominid. it’s at that segment that the maya pointed the birth of men — unlike all other civilisations before the rise of our scientific western-european civilisation.

they were also jaw-droppingly accurate astronomers, predicting eclipses that would only happen hundreds of years after the end of their own civilisation, with day-precision. need more? they could predict the end of their civilisation (which disbanded into tribes and hordes and nuclear families the very year they had predicted) — historians nowadays debate the possibility that their civilisation came to an end the very year they had predicted due to a drough. and oh, at some point after the end of their civilisation, they predicted the “white gods” would arrive — and guess which band of lunatic europeans discovered the Americas that very year?

still not impressed? well, lets also say that the portion of their calendar which we call the Long Count, the portion that’s ending in 21 dec 2012, actually starts quite some time after the dawn of men, at the 32nd century BC, which is a weird century in that all over the world, civilisations started popping around. minoan Crete is born here, so is the first dynasty of ancient Egypt, following the death of king Scorpion by Narmer. but what’s really mindblowing is that the Long Count is not the only epoch that starts in the 32nd century BC: kali yuga, the “age of vice” in many hindu and buddhist calendars, starts in that very century.

what’s more: the maya tzolkin and the hindu kali yuga also come to an end at around the same time. the calculations are disputed. some say it ended in 1889. others estimate it to end at some point in the 2060s. and there’s a third calculation which marks the end of kali yuga at — you’ve guessed it — 2012. so there you have it: two calendars from two ancient civilisations way isolated in time and space, matching beginning and end of a certain era, known to one as the “human era” and to the other as the “age of vices”. say the least, that’s quite a backbreaking coincidence.

but! to neither peoples this was marked as “the” end of “the world”. it was the end of humanity (or humanity as we know it, anyway). the maya calendar had periods that stretched far beyond the long count, and they were used occasionally for even more predictions of all kinds — astronomical and socio-political. as for the hindu and buddhist calendars, they posit that with the end of kali yuga comes dvapara yuga, an age of meditation and enlightenment.

look, i find these coincidences tremendous, but that doesn’t hold me from making plans beyond december 21st 2012. i really don’t plan my life around this kind of date, and it’s not even a matter of believing or disbelieving, it’s plainly a matter of — if humanity is inexorably coming to a turnpoint at that date, it doesn’t matter whether or not i take it into account, it will change in spite of my best effort on the contrary. so why bother? but no, personally, i don’t even believe this bunch of facts is enough for me to suddenly grow a newfound trust in humanity and a hope for better days to humankind.

you can believe whatever you want to believe, but always bear in mind: it’s not the end of humanity as a whole, but rather the end of humanity as we know it. more importantly, it’s not the end of the world. and it’s processual. whatever’s going to culminate in 2012 should be building up right now — if something really is going to happen, we should be able to see it taking shape right now. setting aside the fact that we live in what’s downright the most boring epoch in the history of humankind ever since feudalism, i think i can actually see a couple of candidates for that. if i were to make a safe, conservative bet, i’d turn my eyes to the holy lands of Jerusalem and Europe, and to the respective cruzades to take over each of them. there’s a tension building up in a silent fashion in the geopolitical sphere — if it’s not released soon enough, it just might become a massive earthquake in civilisation.

Very interesting Bruno.

The word apocalypse doesn’t mean destruction, or death, it means revealing and uncovering.

We will go threw a transformation of our concious minds. Change.
Everything will be revealed.

Aye, either that, or we’ll just continue as normal with no change whatsoever.

I stand by my opinion that the end of the world is not due soon, and that this possible “revealing” is highly unlikely too… I say stop trying to find out when we all die, and focus on what happens while we’re still alive. If the world ends, it ends, and that’s it.

Also:

I’ve never believed in that sort of thing, that the world would end in 2012. Rubbish, really.

wow what a discussion this has sparked.

Well i personally don’t believe that the world is going to end (i would prefer it if it didn’t, that’s the year i graduate! xD) remember, people said the same thing about 2000…and we’re still here.

hear, hear!

Oh yea I forgot to mention on 2012 that the earth…sun and milky way will align…

also…

In the first quarter of 2001, the Sun switched magnetic poles. This occurs every eleven years. Prior to this the Sun’s north magnetic pole was at the north rotational pole. Now the Sun’s north magnetic pole is at its south pole. Since opposite poles attract, the magnetic poles of the Earth and Sun are now at their most stable.

Just about the time of 2012 Winter Solstice, the Sun’s poles will switch back. During this switch there will be a tendency for the Sun’s magnetic field to pull the Earth’s field with it.

If the Earth’s magnetic poles switch, this would put stress on the planet aggravating earthquakes and volcanos…

While monsters can certainly exist in the closet just as this world will one day cease although I think there will be new beginnings and a certain level of spiritual evolution. The calendar ending has been misunderstood, misused and misinterpreted.

i see people coming to more reasonable conclusions about this.

one thing’s for sure: this world is not going to cease to exist; life is about expansion.

whatever is to come, we’ll see. and i believe that whatever is to come, we’ll know before it comes.

The world may end, it may not. There’s no reason to worry because most likely we won’t have any control over it.

Don’t worry. Be happy. :biggrin:

All this must come come to an end anyway, that’s the only way new life can be created. This is seen in many cultures, and in nature.

Forest fires are actually GOOD when they aren’t started by us.

Not sure if posted before, but anyway…

It’s been the end of the world many times.

reporternews.com/news/2008/j … the-world/

See?

If said DID come to be… give him a little more credit, or at least get off your high horse. When I see satan the last thing I’m going to worry about is a man-made title… especially won’t worry about trying to take it away. Ha Ha

[mod]link to 2012 the end. Part II[/mod]