A WILD variation

I managed one try this morning – during my last snooze cycle. I actually remained a wake during this time. I think the issue was that I didn’t set my intention very well to do this between the hours of 4 AM and 5:30 AM. I will try to picture that as I go to sleep tonight.

Xetrov i got a question for you; do you feel a tingle sensation similar to when you get a chill when you are doing the spinning visualization?
Because i got it when i start to do it and it feels weird, like the dream is going to be ready over the fence. But the problem is that when i start doing it well i get insomniac and can’t sleep but then i forget about the tech and fall asleep…
little help maybe?

Hmm no not at the time of spinning, however the first few times I tried this method succesfully, when I got out of my body (so to speak, because I believe it to be a LD), I felt quite some weird energy sensation like a million tiny needles sligtly picking me over my whole body. Wasn’t unpleasant though. However the “chill sensation” as you call it happens often to many people during WILD. Happens to me too during meditation sometimes for example.

Well if you fall asleep too fast, you could try setting your intention before you go to bed, for example with repeating a few minutes “this night, I will succesfully do the OBE roll technique!”. Also you should do this tech not when you goto bed 1st time in the evening, but preferably during the night when you wake up for a second, or perhaps right after WBTB (advice: for WBTB + this tech, do not get up and start as soon as possible!).

Ok thanks Xetrov, i’ll try again tonight and i’ll the results,bad or good.

Edit: I need to be more disciplined since im not doing things right, like sleeping earlier…

I have had extreme success with this technique. I did this twice last night. First time I became frightened and lost control with through me into a night terror normal dream. Second time doing it I had my first lucid dream! Calling this technique RILD - Rolling Induced Lucid Dream.

Here is my journal entry.

The Aqua Simpsons - September 26 2005

I start the RILD technique. As soon as I start the rolling part, I feel myself falling into a dream. I visualize waking up in my bedroom and becoming lucid. Everything goes black for a few moments. Then my bedroom comes into view, and at that moment I tell myself, “I am in a dream”. I am so excited! This is my first actual lucid dream. For years I’ve wanted to experience the feeling, and it has only taken me 9 days to do so! I remember that I should stabilize the dream, so I yell, “Increase lucidity!” There is a pulse wave that goes out through the room, and everything brightens. I look around and see two other bunk beds, and a picture on the wall. The room reminds me of one you would find in the Simpson’s house (cartoon show). Everything is extremely blue; it feels like the room is under water. I try to get out of bed, but can’t. No matter how hard I try I am stuck to the bed. I concentrate and tell myself, “You are dreaming, get out of bed”. The dream starts to fade. I look down to my hands but everything is blurry. I try and rub them, but it doesn’t work. I then lose the dream and have a false awakening.

I awake in my bedroom, and get up quickly to tell all my roommates that I’ve had a lucid dream. One mate tells me he had one as well, and the other says he didn’t dream at all. Then I wake up…

Will try this out for the next little while and let you know how it goes.

Hey Phayden, congrats on your succes and your first LD! If this tech works for you, you will probably have a lot more soon if you stick with it.

A good idea to be incorporated within the tech would be doing RC’s any time you wake up. This way you will drop from 1 LD into the next. Also, the moment you start the LD, be sure to use prolonging methods like rubbing hands, feeling/looking at objects, shouting “increase lucidity!!”, etc. This is vital because often the beginnings of such RILD’s (lol, good name :razz:) can be a little unstable. Good luck with further experiments! :smile:

I`m thinking of trying this , but :

1. Does it kill the method to wake up by alarm ?

2.Autosuggestion : do you say things like "I`m going to wake up 4 am ! " ?

1. If you try autosuggestion : Can you "set settings back to scratch " ? , if you stop trying ld , will you still wake up in the middle of the night ?

…autosuggestion isnt working for me…i tried waking up at 3 am every night for over a week, and it only worked once, one of the first tries. since then iv had no success

For me it would, since it makes me move too much when I put off the alarm, also it wakes me up too much. Better when you’re so drowsy you’re hardly woken up yet.

You can use autosuggestion, but perhaps it takes a while to make it a routine. I dont know if you can set it back to scratch, but I think so. Although I do not see why you would want to do that since LD is the best thing you could possibly do at night… Personally I made it a routine to wake up during the night a few times, by drinking water/tea and autosuggestion. These days I have to do neither and I still wake once or twice, which is perfect for me.

I tried this last night. Autosuggestion for 3:30 am. I woke up once at 1:30, but decided to go back to sleep, as it was a little early, and it was still before 3:30. Alas, I slept through to about 5:30 when some idiot dropped something upstairs. I tried the tech, but to no avail. Not surprising, as I woke up just at that time when it is too early to be ‘sleep in’ tired, and too late to be ‘sleep’ tired, if you get what I mean.

I may try this again tonight :grin: , unless I decide to have a go at a technique I have recently formulated myself.

I managed to wake up by autosuggestion today !
But i totally forgot the method … :sad:

Shall try tonight !

Nobody’s been here for a while, but I have a question for those who have succeeded with this tech. How many times do you visualize spinning? I do not have a queen size bed, so i can only roll once before I am at the edge of my bed. I guess my point is, do you visualize actually rolling out of your bed multiple times? Or just the spinning?
Thanks

ahhhhh wtf??? spinning in bed?? :eek: um ,what do u mean by spinning? like the my whole bed spinning on its own axis? me spinning standing up in bed? do i spin round under my bed sheets?? can u give me a bit of detail about the spinning part??? :help:

That is what I am asking. All I know is that you have to visualize rolling out of your bed to start the dream.

I was going to try this tech last night… I woke up around 5… and couldn’t go back to sleep! >_< I was wiiiide awake, and thanks to Garlic’s topic on the Old Hag, I was too scared to close my eyes lmao! :lol:

Well anyway, I’m trying this again tonight. So far I’ve never had any success with WILD, but I’ve only been trying it for a month so… might not have enough practice or something shrug. Although this technique does seem fairly easy… maybe it’d work for me. hopefull

And the spinning thing… I don’t get that either. I tried last night when I finally convinced myself to close my eyes, but am I supposed to JUST spin? Like in one place? Cause if I sleep on my back (which I do if I’m trying to WILD) it’s very hard to visualize spinning because… well, my pillow is in the way! lol. I just can’t visualize spinning so that I’ll turn face down when I’m sleeping face up!

Dream on. // Olesia

Interesting technique.

I will attempt it tonight, hopefully I’ll get some results.

You don’t “visualize” you’re spinning, you feel like you’re spinning. And I think you do this until you enter a LD. But you have to do it when you are in the proper state, that is when you are in the “black void” : you know you’re already dreaming, you have vibrations or floating sensations, but you don’t see anything.

Ohhh… Thanks Basilus, I was under the impression that you had to visualize the spinning in 1st person view (that is what some of the first posts in this topic say).

Wow, this almost worked for me this night, without really meaning to.

It started up with me waking up at about 9;00 in the morning because some park workers were cutting down branches on some trees outside my house (I didn’t know for sure what it was until later). It was very annoying because the chainsaws were so loud that I couldn’t get back to sleep!

So after about 20 minutes of trying i decided to lay myself in a position so i wouldn’t hear as much. So i put one of my pillows over my had and squeezed my arm over it. In this position i couldn’t move any of my arms, my head and almost only one of my legs.

I almost went back to sleep instantly and had a dream about my being with my class in a swimming pool. I think that dream was about 5-10 minutes before i woke up.

When i got back to reality i didn’t move, well i couldn’t really and i just felt like i was sinking into a dream. So after just being awake about 15 seconds i started spinning and i instantly felt my dream body rolling over to the side of my bed, took down its legs to the floor.

Then the sound of a chainsaw brought me back to reality :cry:

I’ve induced alot of FAs the same way and I get lucid in most of them too :happy: but I fall asleep thinking about grabbing the notebook where I type down my dreams during the night :grin: I’m starting to think that thinking/imagining physical movement in 1st person view while falling asleep might actually be an easy way to induce FAs :cool: I’ll try that tomorrow and see what happends.