All out battles

These people kept attacking me, and it was intense kungfu battles.

ex. i get this knife thing, and i hide it in a plastic bag, I stab a DC in the shoulder with it, he grabs my hands, and I jump up and kick the knife in his shoulder more, making him let go. :content:

Traumatized and traumatized…

People who repeat the same nightmare night after night for years tend to get some problems…

From my own experience… after a dream where I was forced to stab a friend in his chest and get covered with his blood I don’t get quite the same enjoyment from blood or well, gore.

It’s on the same path at least, right?

I was by a Freddy Krueger dream when i was younger

It took me a loooonnnnngg time to get over it. Sucked hard.

Feral. I thought that generally those recurring nightmares were caused by trauma. Not the other way around.

I have also felt quite horrible when using violence in dreams, lucid dreams especially. I wouldn’t say traumatic but still.

TheRealJollyRoger. Thank you! Now I have an answer.
I seem to remember someone talking about Freddy Krueger like last year or something. That was you wasn’t it?

Oli Oli Oli Oh! Just Go My Way! Fighting Dreamers (BURN!) EPIC Three-Part LD :woot:

That’s the BIGGEST “all out battle” I’ve ever had :thud:

matrix seems to be popular around here, tried it once, killed a bunch of guys that were chasing me, didn’t ask them for a gift … :sad:

tried kamehameha once, but it turned only to be a flash of light, but there are still more LD’s to come… :smile:

Had a bit of an epic battle tonight. I was walking down this pathway when the scenery gradually changed to a wooden canopy walkthrough. I sensed all of a sudden that i was in enemy territory. (this was set up in trees about 100 metres up in the air, and it was a jungle type setting. except that on the right hand side, the trees were chopped down and there was an encampment there, it was just like a gladiator arena.) suddenly i hear this massive roar and i look into the the gladiator arena. there is a HUGE bull, (think vampire masquerade: bloodlines, werewolf size, except a little bigger) and it is jumping up and down, trying to reach us at top of the canopy. it is jumping, and the walkway is shaking. i quickly try and keep down the pathway.

I see the bad guys, one of them is cutting up another bull (actually, it might be best to describe these as minotours, because they wore arm bracelets) and taking their skin (not gory though) and dressing themselves up in the skin to fight the bull/minotour. they are suddenly alerted to my presence, and swarm me in the hundreds. Ninja skills kick in :cool: As i start running and jumping and ducking the badguys. (i really shouldve mentioned i was with my friend, and she runs track, so we are both managing to avoid being caught). We come to a flight of stairs; one set going up, one set going down. i go up, and she goes down the stairs. hundreds of baddies are just on my heels, so i reach the top of the stairs and jump off the roof.

happy for a second that i have escaped the bad guys, i run into my friend, but oddly she is no longer being chased by the bad guys. it is then i realise that we have landed in the gladiator arena.

(finish this off later, about to go out :smile: )

I’m trying to LD the fights in 300 :happy:

Im thinking more like Lightsaber battles with the force on your side that would be bad

I only fight when there is no other option, but I have mastered some nice techniques. Several types of magic (ice, fire, thunder, earth and holy), I can use a sword or bow and arrows, I can make things float (cars, people, whatever) and I can use the brush techniques from Okami. Oh and I can use alchemy, fly, walk through walls and teleport…

I learned using a brush in an all out battle a DC had set up for me. Even though he says I should never fight if there are other options available and that I should never use skills just for fun, he thought it would be wice to learn the brush techniques.

I have to admit, they are useful. Once, I dreamt I was captured my a giant and he was going to eat me. He had tied me to the door like a dog. I used a brush technique to cut the rope and another one to slow down everything around me for a few seconds.

Battles are generally only interesting when you have a fair contest; I give DCs some chance, but they always seem to lose anyways; I don’t gain superpowers when I should die, but I generally do reverse time.

I do sometimes have all-out battles where I whoop everyone, but for each of one of those I do, I do three fair-contest battles.

I tend to make use of swords and magic in battle, as well as flight. I never try to go three hundred to one; sometimes I do perform an army versus army battle with me being the general of one side. It usually ends up in some kind of epic battle in a dramatic location – up top. I have fallen from the tower or whatever sometimes. But usually I either slay the general up top or he falls down out of my pure luck.

Then there’s the more one-on-one oriented battles, with no army. In these, I like to pick large arenas such as castles, with plenty to make use of. These ones are the most unpredictable; I never know what’ll happen, so I keep a few other “empty powers” handy for them, allowing me to make them on the fly.

And finally, there’s the systematic battles. For example, I was acting as a rogue warrior. I confronted the king and the battle itself begin. Guards begin pouring in, but they couldn’t even touch me or the king. Once I slew him, it began to overwhelm me. There were tons of times I nearly died at that point. These always seem to have a story or plot.

i killed an army while i was defending stephen colbert and his wife

I’ve had a few normal dreams where I had epic battles. Most of them though I have no super powers except I’m a little faster than they are. Then again most of those battles are gunfights so all I need is good aim. There was this one dream where I was chasing a train full of baddies, that had stolen my friend, in an armored SUV while being chased by giant “King Kong”-esque gorillas through the jungle. That was fun.