Animal Clan part II

Of course you are, I don’t see why we would kick somebody out :tongue:

Ok, that’s good. :smile:

So, what have I missed here?

I would say you have missed… nothing much? At least in the last couple of months.

We sort of need a new/reinvigorated direction. :bored:

I had a nice LD this morning after all this time. I did some fun stuff like flying. All of those RC’s paid off. At the end there was this guy who had around 10 dogs. Unfortuately that’s where I lost lucidity. :sad: Well, it was fun while it lasted. I’m glad I came back.

Hello, this will be my first post at this site. (Is that fine?)
I had quite some interesting reading last night and early morning when I read almost all of the 14 pages of this thread.

But, can’t I be a(some kind of) Fox too? I don’t really know much else I could be comfortable with.
When I woke up today at almost 1Pm I didn’t remembered any dreams, but I really wanted to get some good, and eventually LD-ish dreams so I got to sleep again and woke up at about 9Pm… But the good thing is that I actually got some nice dreams which I haven’t had for a while and also being LD-ish I don’t know really how many months that was since last time. I could perhaps explain more details about later, or in a on-line DJ (I think I’m starting to remember all of these shortenings to :p)
but the dream had some animals in it again, like an little blue dragon-lizard… I’ve had a few dreams this summer with some different animals in them.
But I think this Animal Clan could be a rather great way to get more Lucid-ish and interesting dreams, and finally really get such dreams I’ve dreamed about! Heh.
I also wonder if this topic will “wake up” again soon …?

Hello Ludvig!!! :welcome: It’s great that you’re already making some progress in recall! A DJ, even if it’s not online, can be an excellent tool. Some of my favorite dreams have been NDs (normal dreams) :content: and it’s good practice to record them daily.

If you want to officially say hi to the forum at large, this is a good thread to post in.

I also hope this thread “wakes up” soon. :wink:

Speaking of which, I think we should go back to picking animals and focusing on dreams about them, like in the beginning! But perhaps we should pick an order or family or genus, as opposed to a species, so we can have more fun and feel less restricted!

Dibs on the bovidae family!

I’d be interested in joining this, but from what I can tell there isn’ much of an objective or direction to this. I’ll stay around this topic and help out if I feel the need, but I’m not sure where this is going at the moment.

Take a look at this quote, it pretty much simplifies what we’re doing. Just browse through the pages if you want some more info :wink:

I suppose that I would be willing to give this a try if this train is still moving, reading the last three pages seems to say that we’ve de-railed and are gathering together again. I’ll join as a deer. (Btw, nice avvy KT)

Thank you for the warm welcome, hunaynay!

On the summer of 2006 I had pretty many dreams I wanted to have and am interested in, like about foxes and photography… on 2007 I barely had any of that kind. (been some this year though)
When I was a little I think I was a rather kinda a great dreamer, in a way. Often clear, sharp and special and not too much being all ‘randomness’ that often, although I had nightmares then and then, which I don’t really have had for years now. Darn maybe I should’ve written down childhood dreams, espessialy some of them at least.
Perhaps I also should write these kind of things at other places… like “what is the 1st dream you remember? Part II”
But back to animal dreaming: Some weeks ago I had a dream about I petted a Panda and soon after that a hurried Ferret, and maybe about a week before that there was something about a badger and maybe a ‘deer’ too.
(Sorry for writing a bit much and about quite off-topical things.)

Edit: But I maybe could join as a wolf-fox mix or something? Or whatever, Snowleopard isn’t ‘taken’ either but I dunno about that.

Thanks for the reminder, ktFox. :wink: Needed it. (I joined late in the game and couldn’t remember the original idea…) As it’s been quite a few pages… fair if I change my animal to an oryx?

~Memberlist~

1. working class hero - Barn Owl
  2. kTFox - Fox
  3. Rodrigo - Wolf
  4. painocus - Dragon
  5. HebrewB - Penguin
  6. Karuni - Siberian Husky
  7. Slinking_Ferret - Ferret
  8. hk-50 - Raven
  9. liam_sw - White Lion
  10. Queen SD - Pineapple Fish
  11. Aikho - Grizzly Bear
  12. Dawn’sDeath - Falcon
  13. badgerlord - Badger
  14. hunaynay - oryx
  15. Kimpolit - Horse
  16. Opolious - Squirrel
  17. Wyvern - Yellow bellied sheath-tail
  18. Ludvig - Fox
  19. wolvendeer - Deer

We needed an updated member list so I went ahead and made one. Tell me if I need to change something. :wink:

In the quote above, it lists basic goals and future goals. When would the main focus shift to the future goals, once enough members have completed the basics or what?

I have been awoken from my slumber.
Alright, well it seems this topic is somewhat active again. Ok so we’re starting over? We should send a pm to everymember and whoever doesn’t reply gets dropped.

Idea - perhaps we could form groups of animal family maybe we vote and the four most popular animal families are made teams, then we could be divided and have mini-comps.
This of course would take some time to organize but i think it could be fun, and it’s a good way to encourage LDs.

Would each team get a seperate thread for discussion or how would the seperate teams work? And how would the animal family teams be decided?

The teams would be decided through popular vote, at first nominations, then, we would narrow it down to only four.

Which team you are assigned to should be random, after you have been given your animal family, you could select a certain species in that family.

Teams could change after each round. If you don’t like the team you are in you could change with someone.

Are these clear?
Do you like them?

Is this some kind of competition?

Ya, just an idea.

I don’t like it being a competition… :meh:

I thought it was a new take on a dull topic.