AP question...

For anyone interested, here’s the reply I got in another forum:

Okay when lucid and you need to be the good kind of lucid. Not the barely lucid for 1 min kind. Like lucid were your lucidity is very stable and strong.Like lucid wise your brain is up their is functioning on all cylinders.

Now you look around your dream world to see were you are. You specifically look for buildings and were you may find a washroom.The shorter the walk to a place where you may find a mirror the better.

Dont create a mirror.Wont work.You need to find a mirror within your dream world while lucid. Now that you found the mirror, the bigger the mirror the better.
Now stand infront of the mirror and wait like 2 seconds or 3 for your image to appear.Dont worry what you look like just make sure its a image of yourself. Then you have to check your state if lucidity.If its weak and about to fall apart issue a “increase lucidity 100% now” command. I fyou dont feel a surge in your body, issu ethe command again. Right after the surge you enter the mirror in one flucid motion.Like step right through it.Dont stop or go to slow or have any thought in your head. You wait for resistence of the mirror to pass and take a quick step right throught,into the reflection of your self.
If you have to climb up ontop of the sink, do it.

If you do this correctly, then on the other side of the mirror. You will notice your dream has ended.You may notice that you are seeing your bedroom. What you will also notice is that you may have vibration,s or are alreadys eperated and standing somewhere in your house, maybe hall way. It all depends on how high your level of lucidity is when you pass through. If its to weak you wont do nothing but kill youir dream and lucidity. Thats why you need to dripping with lucidity when you enter.

If you are to chicken shit then stick you arm into the mirror up to your shoulder and that arm that is in the mirror will either vibrate or float in bed.Also remember when you pass through the mirror you end your dream.

Pretty elaborate I’d say. I’ll try it soon.

/me is puzzled
where does the OBE or astral come into it?
imo it just sounds like something to do in a LD and then your mind creates what you expect. So it would be a dream of an OBE or astral?

I have no luck with OBE/AP. But an internet friend of mine has many experiences.

She suggests following techniques:

1. Use WILD to enter SP, then mentally struggle to climb out of body
  2. From an LD summon a portal, specify it will connect you to Real World, then go through it
  3. from an LD fly straight up as high as possible, apparently at some point you shift to OBE/AP

Of course some people don’t believe in OBE/AP, but it took hundreds of years for West to discover LDs, while other cultures enjoyed them. (e.g. in Tibet LDs were described in writing by 9th century). Similarly other cultures have written for centuries about the mental realms and ap.

Ive noticed that when I AP, there are levels in the way my astral body feels. The lowest level is allmost like a strong visualization, and a weak astral body. Its hard to explaine, Its like Im astral projecting, but it feels like thin air, or something. The highest level is very strong vibrations. Allso when Im projecting it feels very easy to do so. I allways say to myself…“This is so easy, I can do it anytime I want” Do you know what Im talking about? Have you ever had that feeling that APing is very, very easy to do? Is there someway I can hold this feeling, in hopes to make astral projection easier. Anothere question… The other night I was fixing to go to bed, and I was in the frame of mind that LDing would be so easy. I was phyced, and sure enought I had three LDs that night. I cant explaine the frame of mind I was in, and I have yet to get into that same frame of mind. It was… like was like I had erased the line between waking, and dreaming, and that I would know when I would be dreaming.

Ive never entared a LD while using WILD, but I can easily project. Im wondering if anyone can AP using WILD. If not give it a try, because you may not even be aware that your feeling the vibrations. Just concentrate on your body instead of HI. Has anyone else had look with projection via WILD?

Allso, when I AP the other night, I posted the expirance, and said that I finaly learned how to talk. Before I had trouble communicating in the Astral planes, thats because I would try to shout so my voice could be heard, but it never worked. Telepathy never worked allso( I think thats because I didnt excpect it too) So the trick is to just speak one on one. And do it with a soft voice. I remmber thinking to myself when talking to the DC how soft, and gental our voices sounded. There is a big diffrence in the characteristics between LD, and AP. For one in a AP you will find it hard to move your astral body. In a LD its easy much like moving your physical body. So people might say that LDing, and AP are the same, but I know they are two totaly diffrent expirances. Im going to go with APing for awhile, and take some time off from LDing.

P.S. Do I still need to keep up with my dream journal while practcing AP?

Yes, Kavaa, you should keep an AP journal for best results. The life unrecorded is the life not worth living!

AP and WILD use pretty much identical methods, so it doesn’t really matter which you use for which. But you are right about them being completely different experiences. Heck, why not make an AP journal and a LD journal?

So is Rober bruce the Steve Lamburg of Astral projection?Im thinking about buying his book.

It’s a really good book. Definitely worth the money, and maybe a limb or two. :happy:

I’ve done some research on the topic of OOBE’s and can offer some insight into the matter.

First of all, there is a great deal of debate surrounding what exactly these experiences are. Theories range from the psychological, parapsychological to theories that suggest that OBE’s are actually the result of epilesy. Basically, they’re explained as being a neurophsychological phenomena.

What do I believe? I’ve had a number of them myself, one just this morning…and I’m torn. For those who’ve experienced this, it’s amazing. There is no question in your mind during an Out of Body Experience that you are in fact Leaving your physical body. None whatsoever.

But once I’m back I do wonder if it could somehow be a psychological experience…I’m practical that way, I can’t help it!

Still, no matter what it is, it’s incredible, empowering and I truly believe that it’s an experience that offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow.

The problem with proving this, is that once you’re on the so called ‘Astral Plane’, you’re no longer travelling in the same plane as the physical. I’ve had many experiences where I’ve left my body and tried to ‘get proof’ and I’ve given up as it’s frustrating, and frankly, when I do get out, I’d rather be flying…or exploring… :wink:

I’ve walked around my house, only to find things ‘different’. Like windchimes in my hallway…or doors where there aren’t any. It’s just different, but equally ‘real’. It’s hard to explain really.

For those looking to have one, I find the best time is right after waking and going back to sleep. The trick is to keep awake as your body falls asleep. It’s so difficult to describe, but I find the ‘roll out’ technique works best for me.

First I see if I can move my Astral Arm. If I see seperation, I roll out of my body. You want to be careful though…make sure it’s your Astral Body! Most of the time you’ll find yourself looking down on your sleeping body, then you can move on. I find reality ‘shifts’ fairly quickly depending on what plane you’re on…there seem to be many.

I’ve been bitten…there are some unpleasant entities out there. I’m not afraid however, and I just quickly think back into the physical and usually feel the pull and awaken annoyed, but unharmed.

I hope some of this helps!

Lapis

It’s worth the bling. I do his New Energy Ways routine every night before sleeping. I got it for five euros at a book fair lol. The effects on me were a better dream recall, a couple of spontaneous LDs and more stamina. It also taught me how to unlearn complex methods and trust my intuition when it comes to healing (I suck at visualization).

So, if I get this right, the only difference between LD and AP via WILD would be you do not project into your hypnagogic imagery? Would focusing on your room be a good way to get out of body? I have tried it in the past but didn’t get good results (I almost succeeded three times, though).

Hey! I’m new here. I’ve had quite a few OBE’s the past few months, but luckily for me, the first one happened spontaneously, and I think it may be easier to do after that. You get to know exactly how it feels, so you know what to look for/do next time.

A few things that work for me. I’m a night waker, meaning I wake up several times during the night. If you do this, and you’re aware of it, this time is a perfect time to try to either project or LD. Your already in a very relaxed state and I find it easier to slip into the Altered State of Conciousness necessary to Project from here. Early morning also seems to be a good time, on days when you can sleep in.

I find it helps if I set out a purpose to keep in mind. Something as simple as, I want to go to my cherry tree. This helps maintain focus and direction.

I find that when I’m in the right state, I can see through my eyelids. Sounds wierd, but that’s what happens to me. I’ll often try to either roll over in my body…if I’m sensing this works, I can feel the seperation and I just roll out. I’ll usually find myself standing beside my bed at this point…looking down at my body.

I’ve also heard good things about the rope method. I used it once and it worked for me. You imagine a rope hanging from the ceiling and use your astral arms to pull yourself out of your body.

I sometimes find my Astral body ‘heavy’ for lack of a better word, especially the first few minutes and APing often leaves me with a bit of a headache in between my eyes. LD doesn’t do this.

Good Luck!

And don’t be afraid or get to excited if you succeed, fear will hold you back or cause you to get sucked right back into the physical faster than you can shake a stick.

I have a question.
When I do WILD, and I am getting the electrick and sinking feeling, would that be a good time to try to ‘‘roll-out’’? It only lasts like 30 seconds for me though. Or do I first need to practice getting that feeling for a longer period of time?

Thanks in advance :smile:

So is it possible to meet up in the astral plane with other people who are astral projecting?

Hey its my first post, be gentle.

So Im a moderate obe-er I suppose, with 6-10 per month. But only once in all my probably 5 dozen astral projections have I made it out of the room I was in at the time.      I get stuck in my immediate surroundings & movement is AWKWARD. Tips?

Merged with Big OBE topic

Last night, i think i might have had my first out of body experience. im not sure though. heres the thing. i remember dreaming about something. and then next thing i know, im in my bed (at this point i cant tell whether or not i am awake or asleep). so for some reason i tell myself to like send out my astral projection or whatever. so i look at my clock and i see like a beam of light. and i felt like this incredibly intense feeling. next thing i know, im coming out of my body. im standing next to my bed and see my body in my bed. I remember feeling like i was really awake. then i started flying in my room and then like i went through the window. but next thing i remember, my body just like went back into my sleeping body. like. it was sucked back in. and this whole thing was very short.

so yeah, i dont know whether this was an actual out of body experience, or was i just dreaming that this all happened. please help =]

Yeah, if you’re standing by your bed and you can see your other body lying on the bed, you’re definitely OBE. Congrats! :smile:

AHH!! awesome. if only it wouldve lasted longer.

I’ve never had an OBE but applying my experience with normal LDs I would say that the only reason you can’t get out of your room is because you believe that you can’t get out of your room. Know that you can move quickly and you will be able to move quickly.

Oh and I almost forgot:

Welcome to LD4all!
:welcome:
Fell free to introduce yourself in the Gathering’s Big “Hi, I’m new here!” topic!

out of interest how do you get back into your body , if this ever happens to me I’d like to know that lol , would be very scary to not be able to get back to your body…

Do you actually have to phycally move in the roll over technique to get out of your body. Or do you just imagine that you are moving out of your body when you are in a sleep paralysis state. :help:

Please if you know from experience can you “PM” me.