Begginers Tips

Hello, im new to all this stuff as you know, i have not had any success yet, but am still trying, i normally go to bed at 2AM and what i do is repeat to my self this: “i am dreaming, i know im dreaming” i repeat that until i fall asleep, i never remember my dreams hardly, i eat cheese and drank milk last night and no success, whats the beginners tip to success of achieving Lucidity? first off i need to get more sleep, i think thats a major factor in all of this.

Well first of all you say you hardly remember your dreams. Before getting into LDing it is a wise choice to get good at dream recall. Simply do this by having a notebook or computer near your bed, and as soon as you wake up concentrate hard on your dreams. If it comes to you right it down, if not that’s okay just keep trying. Do this until you can remember atleast 1-2 dreams a night. My tip would be to wake up 2 hours before you intend to (use an alarm clock). This is when you have the greatest chance to remember the dreams you had. Then when it comes to having lucid dreams, just because you eat a lot of cheese, drink a lot of milk, etc. does not mean you will have one. What you are doing seems to be alright, but if you finally have good dream recall and still don’t have any LDs maybe change the method a bit, or completely. Try new things with it, because some techniques work better for some people. And my main tip for you is not to get discouraged. It takes time, so just keep at it and never lose hope. Hope that helps!

I would also suggest improving your dream recall while trying to get an LD. You can continue using MILD, WILD, etc. but make sure you’re keeping a dream journal also. You may want to concentrate more on remembering your dreams for a while, instead of just working on getting a lucid dream.

Good luck!!

Yeah I agree with you there. Because how are you going to have a LD if you don’t remember any dreams at all in the first place? You have to start somewhere. It probably shouldn’t take too long either.

thanx for the replies guys/gals. Helped me alot!:slight_smile:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/newbie-advice-helpful-hints-for-the-aspiring-lucid-dreamer/7203

this is the link to the official beginners’ thread.

MODERATOR!!

DREAMADDICT!
PASQUALE!
BRAINHACKER!
HYPNODUDE!
TRAUMGANGER!
JEFF!

SOMEBODY!!

Please direct this fellow to the newbie tips.

salute yessirwhatcanidoforyousir

oh i see you already put the link there, thanks :smile:

so now all i have to do is lock this one :smile: