BenDrummin58's SeaHome Party 2006! - LD4All's Largest SD

Well, I have access to the internet right now, and the only shot I have at the party is a WILD at the right time. I’m gonna go for it, its better then nothing. Hope to see you there.

I’m guessing you are on WBTB too TheMadHatter?

At least I am…lol.

/me is extremely tired!

Sorry to hear that so many people can’t go though! Theres always more times though…so it’s ok.

Anyways yeah like I said I’m on my WBTB…and so are a few other in chat. Party will be in 24 minutes from right when I post this! woot!

Failed, my parents decided to wake me 30 minutes before the party… T_T

are they still in there???

I started my WBTB at 5:00, and got woken up about 15 minutes later by my mother getting ready for work!

Aww I don’t think I made it :sad: instead I had all these weird dreams about trying to get to the party, about going to bed at the right time, about a list of members and all that, but I was never actually there and I didn’t even go lucid lol. But oh well, there will be other opportunities.

Did anyone make it though? If you did, how was it?

I had friends over and went out bar-hopping, didn’t get back till 3am and didn’t sleep till 4am (time I was suppose to be waking up!), so I was in no shape to dream. I had some broken NLD’s, so I missed it.

Friday and Saturday nights are bad for me. Let’s do another one, I think it’s a fun idea, just bad timing this time.

Well, I can honestly say that the results so far was expected. Truthfully, I knew this would be the worst party (out of the ones to come) since about a week ago. The whole host-guest system was of course an extremely horrible idea created by me…lol…and spelled failure all over the place with 1 person trying to get together 41 people. In the next week or so, I will be announcing the next party, and I gurantee it will be much more organized. I already have a system that will not make a couple of people have way too much responsibility, and everybody else no responsibility…instead everybody has an equal part, which is a good thing. I will also leave a gap of somewhere between one to two months between the announcement and the actual party itself, so that people get a chance to practice and get used to everything. Also, I might even put a member limit of about 20 users, so that things aren’t too over-populated. Lastly…the party will not just be on one night. It will occur on 3 consecutive nights so that everybody has more chances to actually achieve lucidity and make it.

I think the idea of smaller practice parties, small groups with closer party dates would be good. Have a bunch, once a week or more. Pick a date, have people sign up for it and go.

Trying to balance it all on one date is hard. I was keen to do it, but I couldn’t turn down a bunch of friends coming over on a Friday night. That’s why a mid-week party would work better for me.

Ya, I didn’t make it. I had a LD at the right time andgot completely confused. Before I became lucid, I “realized” I had fallen asleep at 2 not 5, and it was 4 then. So I decided to sleep and become lucid. That’s when I realized it was a dream and I was supposed to be at the party then. I tried to fly there, but the dream faded. :sad:

Well, I did have one of the best nights in a long time despite the failure to make it to the party. I hope those who did make it had fun.

I did the WBTB at the right time and got lucid but spent an hour trying to get to the crossroads. My VILD didn’t work for some reason. Anyway, I gave up on that for a while and found 2 random people who I tried to make lucid. Like Ben, it didn’t work. I even started flying and thought it was a magic trick.

From now on I’m gonna practice getting to the crossroads in my LD’s because I know I’m capable of getting lucid when I want and I’ve had 2 SD’s before. Getting there was my only problem.

(I wonder how I did it when I was young…)

Good lord, I couldn’t get a break last night! I went to bed at 7:45, I was exhausted and completely relaxed. Around 8:30, I actually fell asleep. Then my evil parents decided it would be fun to start watching television at a very loud volume…I woke up. I couldn’t fall back asleep. I was just laying there, and after three hours of that, I read Harry Potter for an hour. I finally fell asleep at 2:10.

Ah well. I would sort of like having seperate parties, for different time zones. I can’t fall sleep at 8:00 PM, lol.

I’ve always scoffed at shared dreaming adventures in the past, since I do not believe they are actually possible. But this actually sounded like a lot of fun. Better luck on your next party.

The only limits in this life are the ones we set for ourselves :smile:

i’ll try to join next/practice parties but i can’t guarantee annything… and don’t mind looking for me cause that’d mean i’d do it as shortcut to lucidity…

btw it’s cyrodiil if you mean the world from elder scrolls IV

Hey all. I’ve been working on this, even though the first party didn’t go so well for most people. I was surprised to see how dead the Lucid Crossroads threads have been.

I think that many of the original 41 people were hoping for a freeride to lucidity, not a bad goal, but it overtaxed the original idea. So, how many people have gotten to Lucid Crossroads on their own?

The Big Lucid Crossroads Topic
Thread to Post Successful Visits (I posted my attempts)
The Lucid Crossroads site itself

My goal is to get there, then I’ll be ready for the practice party. I’d like to group with others who have been there before, to increase our chances. I’m still a skeptic when it comes to Shared Dreams, but, I’m open minded. I’ve had too many people telling me that Lucid Dreaming isn’t real, but I’ve done it, I KNOW it’s real.

Okay, didn’t have access to the computer over the weekend.

Well just like the practice dream, I was lucid, though this time at the right time! I went through tons and tons of doors until I could half-heartedly visualize one coming from a pure white room, leading to crossroads.

I entered it with the intention of being in crossroads. I was then flying around a desert atmosphere and saw the “balloons” that are in the crossroads sky, so I was pleased that this time I was probably going to end up there.

Well when I landed I was just in a room full of computers.

This is where I was LAST time but last time … the way I got there was just insanely weird.

So no one was there. I waited a bit and 2 people showed up that I can recall… I wasn’t really paying much attention to them and they didn’t seem real.

At this point in time someone was “logging me on” to a computer and I was mad that they knew my password, and I wouldn’t cooperate with them because I didn’t know what they were trying to do, and didn’t trust them.

I kept drinking a lucidity drink I made up because I was worried that the 3 a.m. window wasn’t set up right. One of the guys there asked me if I got here at 2 and I told him, no actually for me the time is 3 a.m., but I’m here at the right time.

I was wondering why the crossroads doesn’t look right at both instances, and also where Ben’s place was… and where Ben was.

I set him an IM with my mind and tried to ask him but nothing really that intelligble was discussed between “us”.

I then made a cooler full of lucid drink appear on a table for the other people that were hypothetically there, but it was way too watered down for some reason, and lacked the red coloring that my main drink had.

I then went through a door to try to find someone, or something like that… itwas a cartoonish kind of bad place and this guy was being chased by and eaten by an Alligator… I tried to help him and I opened the alligators mouth with my mind and like held it in palce so the guy could get away (and all he had left was his head at this point) and then I gave him back his body and pulled him up onto this little army-climbing wall like ledge that I was on.

I didn’t want to be here anymore and had no idea wtf any of this stuff was and went back to the main room.

I 70% woke up a few times and kept drinking my drink even while in my bed to get back, and well.

that was that.

I don’t get the computer thing at all, unless it’s symbolizing the fact that we all connect with each other by using computers.

lol, maybe you should look for some way to connect your dream body to the computer somehow…

I’m definitely looking forward to reading about these shared dreaming parties in the future. I have heard about the lucid crossroads, and maybe I will visit there some time on my own.

I’m presently have my own dream goals that I want dealt with first, however. And that will take awhile- I’ve been lucid dreaming for a few years now, but I still can’t really do it that consistently.

I’m sorry but this topic has been locked due to a deception from the organizer, bendrummin58. to_the_moon and Bendrummin58, who claimed in the early posts of this thread that they didn’t know each other and later that they shared dreams during the Sea Party, were proven to be a member from the same household.

Whatever the reasons were for this deceit and whether to_the_moon and Bendrummin58 are the same person, deception has been going on. Hence Bendrummin58 has been temporarily banned for his actions and to_the_moon’s account and posts have been deleted.

congratulations to everyone who had a successful attempt at going to this party.