Big "SP as a gateway to WILD" topic

No problem! :smile: Good luck!

I get SP quite often, nice to know now that it can actually lead to LD’s ^_^. Usually happens only if i take long naps, I don’t usually feel tired but if i try to go back to sleep i just get SP constantly then it bothers me so that’s the end of my nap :meh:.

Whenever I try to WILD , whenever I can start to feel my body getting numb and falling asleep, my legs will start to randomly spasm. The spasms shake my whole body, and are extremely uncomfortable and unnerving, so much so that they always make me give up, roll over to my side, and go to sleep normally. I can not find a way to get through these spasms or avoid them, I’m sure that some of you here have to know what I’ talking about, do you have any suggestions? I feel like they are the only thing preventing me from achieving lucidity, the rest of the process I can remember from childhood.

I’m not even sure if I’m in SP when the spasms set in, it’s when I feel like I can’t move, because my body feels very numb and heavy.

Ive been trying WILD 2 times, but everytime i start to have really heavy and fast heartbeats. Also my eyes start to move real fast, and i cant control it.

Are the heartbeats hallucinations or not?

I usually try MILD, but WILD seems to be better.

I know those waking hallucinations all to well on several occasions where i was falling asleep id dream i got hit by a ball and in my waking life id throw my head back for no reason and grunt. I’ve also had them in nightmares where i was being shaken and something evil was screaming in my face it was so frightening i was paralyzed for about 5 minutes. Now I get things like loud knocks on the bottom of my bed that seem real but i know they aren’t now and i ignore them so don’t worry you’ll get over it. :happy:

kaybee2,

you said you were scared a little. I don’t blame you, that would be scary.

I had this one scary dream, where I thought I was awake, when I was really asleep. (Old hag?)

Anyway, some guy’s face popped out of the wall and gave me “the quiet sign”, and then he went back into the wall. And when I woke up, I was looking at the exact wall, right where the face went out. It was really freaky. Whatever, I hope you don’t have the scary SP again, and end up having a WILD. :smile:

Feeling that your SP is an opportunity for a LD is part of it. Relaxation is another part of it.

About 6 months ago I went to sleep with a toothache. I heard a sound in another room and woke into SP. (Sound is the most frequent trigger for SP). I didn’t panic, and was able to get up out of bed with some difficulty to go see what made the sound.

I was not lucid at this point, just curious. I walked into the room where the noise came from and there were two blue lizards facing off on a table. They were like two fierce little dinosaurs ready for battle. The weirdness of this little confrontaion woke me up to lucidity.

I looked at my hands to strengthen my lucidity and then called for the Goddess, my spirit guide. But instead of the Goddess or one of her assistants, in walked the old hag herself, naked.

I simply believed that the Goddess had chosen to appear as an old woman to me. She motioned for me to come sit beside Her on our couch. I did. She caressed me and began rubbing my cheek where my toothache had been. I fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning the toothache was gone.

dreamster

please any body can you please tell me how to do wild or what i should do to have a ld

If WILD is too hard for you then just move onto another technique. I’d say a combination of WBTB and FILD.

Whenever I try to get into SP sooner or later I hit a point where muscles in the arm-shoulder-torso area start contracting involuntarily. The process is slow and it usually happens when I get very relaxed and switch attention away from my body. The problem is that it spreads around and I end up lying all tense. Should I try to stop it, intentionally keeping myself relaxed or should I let it happen and ignore it? I saw some descriptions in other threads that sound similar(muscle twitching, shoulders moving up, etc), so I guess it might be a part of the normal process of falling asleep.

Everyone’s experiences (from my research anyway) appear to differ and vary slightly when it comes to WILD and SP; to me it sounds like you experienced a typical vibrational reaction as your body was entering the stages of paralysis. IMO, it’s important also to not mistake muscle spasms for vibrations. Sometimes it can feel an awful lot like your body is either convulsing or that you may wake up through the intense movement. However, the experiences you feel in this stage are completely halucinatory, don’t fear them or attempt to interupt them in any way, as you will find this will simply wake you up and then you’ve failed to WILD through SP, and the goal is to succeed. If you find the sensations uncomfortable, just remind yourself that what is happening isn’t real, it’s simply mind tricks, and that if you can persist through it, you will be in a lucid dream! It’s a good idea to look forward to what you want to achieve, ignore the feelings of SP by keeping focused on the HI you may be seeing, or by focusing on how great it will be when you get through this stage into a full on WILD.

Well, I’m going to assume you already have an on-going dream journal, and you carry out reality checks at least a dozen times a day. If not, what are you waiting for? You will not become professional at lucid dreaming without practicing RCs and keeping a log of your dreams. They are the bedrock that you will build upon to achieve lucidity. If you do engage in both of the above. Then follow these steps:

Step 1: Relax. Step 2: Be confident.

Being relaxed about your dreaming is important, don’t get stressed out with yourself if you aren’t getting lucid (have patience, it will happen), you don’t want your attempts at LDing to become a chore, you want it to be an exciting hobby, and if you react negatively because you think you can’t do it, your mind will pick up on this and you will fail more than you succeed. Confidence is key. The brain is very open to confidence. Don’t think you’re going to lucid dream, or that you might have one, or want one. KNOW you can, and will. Set your intention, and don’t just say it. Believe it. A nice technique I apply is to envision myself writing down the lucid dream I’m going to have before I’ve had it. Kind of like saying to my brain: “Tommorow morning, I’m going to have woken up from a great lucid dream and be writing it down.” Just intend to LD. And, believe that it can and will happen. Try to release inhibitive thoughts, if you feel yourself questioning whether it will happen or not, just try to immediately cut the thought away, and pretend as if you’ve removed it from your mind and binned it. “I will only allow positive thinking… I will lucid dream tonight.” As far as actual induction techniques, I regularly practice and perform combinations of several, including meditational cds for incubating lucid dreams. But ultimately it really is about you’re belief and intent to lucid dream, and how confident you are. The more confidence you have in yourself and your dreaming, the more LDs you will have.

I keep trying the WILD method, but I always can’t reach SP, no matter how long I stay up. I wake up once every hour after 1:00 for some reason too >.> and if I fall asleep, I don’t remember my dream.
That happened last night.

If I fall asleep around 11:30 and wake up at 6:00, then what time would SP occur?

Hey everyone! I’m baaaaack… :tongue:

Since school (and, erm, fear) kinda got in the way of WILDing for a few months, I haven’t had another SP experience since the one I posted at the verrrry beginning of this topic. Now, however, I think I’m finally ready to try it again! I just have a few questions for those WILDing experts to refresh my memory…

1. Is there any way I can get it to happen, well, a little faster? Last time it felt like I was lying there for HOURS before SP started. Am I supposed to make myself super-tired before I try it, or just let it happen?

2. Is it better to try it after a WBTB, or when I first go to sleep?

3. Are there any foods I can eat before bed that might help? Like, something to keep my mind focused so my thoughts won’t fade as I wait for SP? Weird question, I know, but I’m curious.

Well WBTB helps A LOT with WILD. Specially because (and this answers your first question too, I think) when you do WBTB you enter REM sleep much faster. As soon as you go to bed it’s a lot harder to WILD, that’s why you say it took long (I mean, you did it right when you went to bed, right?)

All my WILD’s have been after WBTB or just getting lucky when waking up in the morning/night and falling back to sleep. I usually don’t even feel SP. :content:

Anyway, good luck on your return to WILD! Don’t let fear stop you! (only school, I know how it is… :sad: )

That does seem pretty cool :cool: . I think your astral body was on the verge of seperating from your physical body almost like a ghost trying to leave it’s dead body :content:

Sorry for the double post but I found this dream to be quite amusing :lol:

WILD from the state where I have just waked, have been most successfull. Then the SP is much milder. Its important to maintain some contact with dream and to use this to return into dream.

Imagination or will of falling through the bed has been quite helpful technique from SP to LD.

Yesterday when I was trying WILD, I felt my hand falling onto my bed suddenly while I hadn’t even lifted it up. :eek: For some reason my wrist had lifted my hand up without me noticing. :eh: :neutral:

I’ve had SP unintentionally, before. I woke up and still was paralyzed, and this had happened before I knew what SP was, so I was pretty scared.
I was close to falling asleep last night when I realized what was happening and became aware of a numbing sensation… but I got too excited and I didn’t enter SP. =/
Lol I’ll try again tonight.