C-WILD Amazing technique

@Rhett - They can be as long as any dream can. They can end up quite short because they need some stabilization first, as the dream may not be fully formed yet when you entered it.

Well #Six, there’s the fact that this is more of a DILD than anything else :tongue: it is called a WILD because you’re supposed to get conscious a small time after the dream has formed, but keeping aware of the transition into sleep isn’t required for this technique. You just do a RC early in the dream because you counted for it. :smile:

Good luck to you Fifty :content: and hope you achieve your first LD soon.

@AscendantSingularity - Oh yes, anything that involves feeling your body is a nice non-moving RC ^^ There is one dreamer who used to keep aware of “gravity”, as he described it, or rather, how his body felt, for all day long, and would become lucid in every dream as a result, because if you pay attention to it, dreams “feel” very different from reality. It’s just a matter of keeping your awareness :wink:

Thanks foxyChor, I tried it and nothing besides a normal dream. I lost consciousness a couple times so maybe I just can’t remember, that’s why I’m working on my recall tho!

I’ll keep what you said in mind too; I’ll have to work on my dream recall a bit to get that feeling down, but I’m sure I can use that to help “unlock” a new level to my mind. :smile:

I actually tried this technique just a few hours ago (by counting in my head while staying as alert as possible), and I remember I kept counting and “hoping this would work” even in the dream! :woo:
That felt really promising. :content:

I see you’re all progressing :content: Keep it up, we may read of your LD’s soon :happy:

I have tried this every night since I made this thread and had no sucess. Which is a bit strange because for the 3 nights before that I had 2.
I always fall asleep to quick. I also think to myself I should wait abit longer even when I think I may be asleep however then I lose consiousness. I will get some soon :smile: just a matter of perfecting the technique for me and finding the magic number.

Wish you guys luck hope we all have an ld full night.

I tried this technique for the first time last night. After about an hour, my hands and feet started to become paralyzed and everything was going fine- unfortunately my whole body spasmed and it freaked me out. After that the paralysis went away and I was fully awake. It was pretty late so I just went to tbed normally, I guess I’ll just have to try again tonight. :sigh:

that isn’t C-WILD that is just normal WILD. Well done for getting so far though!!

I had an ld with this technique last night more details coming soon.

From my dream Journal last night.
Good night last night.
One nd and one ld.
I first had the nd quite early in the night. I was late for school and was rushing around doing my paperround it was sort of a nightmare as I woke up out of breath. When I woke up from this dream I decided to Try C-WILD I first tried it to 20 with no sucess then I tried it to 30 no sucess again I then tried it to 30 again This time I was in an ld. It was blurry and kept blacking out. I stabalized it by rubbing my hands and saying increase lucidity. It worked. I was next to the mirror in my room and I looked into it and I looked really weird. I tried to materialize a gun (Don’t know why) I tried again and again but failed. I then woke up.

What are your opinions on setting several alarms some mornings in order to wake you up very early so you get several chances to succeed?
I consider setting my cell-phone on 4:00 AM and then next alarm on 05:30 etc, so I don’t have to wait for the next night if I get a ND.

Autosuggestion can work wonders on the matter :wink: Just state clearly “I’m going to wake up at X to do Y”, people can wake up after each REM phase by themselves with this. ^^

How fast are you supposed to count?
I usually count to 10 in twelve seconds or so.

I tried this a few times but…well. I’ve got this problem - when I’m not completely tired I can count to even 200 and nothing happens…and on the other hand, when I’m really tired…I count, and somewhere between 10 and 20 my mind goes totally elsewhere and in a second I forget what number I was at :"D it’s kind of…frustrating.

Count at what pace you feel comfortable and relaxed at. What you suggested sounds about right.
Shinju I find that as a problem aswell however what I do is if I’m really tired and do it fall asleep too quick. If you forget what number you are on then go back to the last one you remember.

Keep in mind that the reason you lose track is because you’re about to fall asleep; that’s why you need to be extra focused on counting, because with some luck you will proceed counting in the dream. :wink:

Yes, it feels like a rather comfortable pace.
I actually succeeded to step into the dream once I think, because my hand was all shiny and reddish when I looked at it, it looked rather eerie and unnatural. :razz:
I lost consciousness after that though :sigh: but still :peek: most probably a dreamsign. :nuu:

Haha, yes, wow that worked excellent the first time I tried it last night!
I just told myself “ok, I’m going to wake up at half past six” and repeated it a few times as a sort of mantra, and I pictured that time on my alarm clock in my head, and I actually did wake up that time!
I even went to sleep at 3 AM and was fairly tired, so I had no real reason to wake up so early, but I did!

Guys, last night i fell asleep counting on 15. All i remember was waking up the next morning. How can i lull myself into a lucid dream? I want to keep my subconcious awake and my body asleep how can i do that?

Well, woke up as usual at 4 AM, wrote down my early dreams, I counted to 100, over and over and over again. And yes, I didn’t fall asleep, it actually made me more awake. I finally gave up tossed and turned and had a heck of a time falling asleep again, but when I did, I ended up having a pretty amazing but shorter LD. Which blew me away seeing as I had one yesterday as well.

Have only tried counting forever to see if i enter wild…

But tried your version, got to 100 and restarted but got off-track and was completely unable to keep counting without forgetting how far i had come… Then i just fell asleep :confused:

Heh, to each their own. Since people fall asleep with different speeds, there must be different techs to accommodate their needs.

Rhett, I may suggest stating your intention to keep aware of the transition into sleep before getting in bed, and maybe trying some position you don’t usually sleep in, to experiment. But the biggest thing is, you should try to recall your dreams first and foremost, think if that day you had a LD, and you just forgot you did,just because you didn’t bother to recall in the morning! Train your recall as first thing.

Kauai, for you something softer may be appropriate. Some suggestions would be just focusing on your breath, or better, the darkness behind the eyelids, or the buzzing in your ears. Those shall lull you into sleep, while you keep aware and hopefully become lucid in the dream. :smile:

morepurple, you could try the titular technique of this topic, that is, waiting 5 minutes (no counting) and RC’ing, then again.

Keep us informed on how it goes :content:

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the counting just because I had never heard of it. I think it didn’t work for me because I’m a bit of a number nut. Who needs phone books when you have a mind that has a tendency to remember almost any number you’ve dialed? At the moment I’m trying Castaneda’s technique looking at your hands before going to sleep and telling yourself that you will become lucid upon seeing them. Don Juan had a point there, your hands are always there, unless of course you dream that you are a plate or anything else without hands :tongue: . What’s up with this buzzing idea? My ears don’t buzz :eh: