C-WILD Amazing technique

Just have to share this:

Lately, My mind has been misbehaving. It thinks what ever it wants and get’s really hyper when it is time to go to sleep which has lead to many nights of insomnia.
Well, I am working on that. I am training my mind in various ways, but I don’t want to get off topic.

To stay on topic, one way that I am training my mind having to do with this C-WILD is that I count backwards starting from 100.
I do this because this requires extra concentration.
What is amazing is that I started to fall asleep. I did fall asleep!

no lucid dreaming though, but this is a huge breakthrough, because I really do have a tough and loong time to get to sleep. (how can I even LD if I don’t sleep right? :wink: )

So those of you who don’t have such trouble falling asleep like me, yet have the more common problem of losing concentration and just falling into non lucid sleep too quick, then I recommend to count backwards.
:peek:

Six, I’ve tried that too, counting backwards. It works better for me as well :grin: Although my problem would be discipline, I forget to even start counting lol. And I just got to zero and "now what? :eh: " I’ll remember tonight!

Haha thanks #six i’ll try that! Last night i had really vivid dreams, but i didn’t get myself to WILD into LD. 2 weeks ago i had my first LD that was really short and i havent had one since

About counting backwards; well this is where a bit of hypnosis steps in. It is a common technique for a hypnotist so command something along the lines of: “I am going to count from 10 down to One…When I reach the number One, you will be in a deep, deep sleep…”

So there is some trick about counting backwards. What I did was say to myself, when I get to 54, I will be totally relaxed. it worked. I felt something shift within me that started to put me asleep, but I continued to count.

Well it is Concentration which is the key component here so counting forward or backward doesn’t really matter. Mainly just Concentrate.
It is just that our mind plays tricks, and so,
we have to trick it back!
Counting backwards in one way that I trick my mind back! :tongue:

Well i have to get myself to concentrate, that’s the hard thing. I have to keep focused which i haven’t been able to do the last 2 weeks

Well… failed on the counting-thing but i almost got into the hypnagogic stage while i was thinking about… i don’t know what i was thinking about but suddenly it felt like i fell through the bed and stuff. But i got excited and my arms twitched and pulled me out of it :C

I hate it when that happens… :meh:

Well, you were remarkably close! :content: Just remember to relax through all of that next time, you will transition smoothly into a dream. I used to be thrown all over the place sometimes in HI :lol: but by waiting long enough, a dream forms, you just have to observe the whole thing passively.

Every night that i have done C-WILD for the last 2 weeks, i have not gotten to HI once. This is not good. I can’t get to have a lucid dream again. How can i really keep focused on counting?

Like others have said before me, DILD variants are often suggested for beginners, in order to get confident with the first LD’s, like using the MILD technique. Good luck to you :smile:

If you do it when you wake up in the night then you don’t need to experiance hh or hi just when you wake up in the night imediatly go back to sleep and count to 10 in your mind while trying to get back to sleep. When you get to 10 open your eyes and do an rc. If you are awake then do it again if you are asleep then well done you are sleeping. You will suprise yourself that you are dreaming.

But i often fall asleep counting and eventually stop counting. and MILD doesn’t really work for me

I have the same problem. It just takes practise and to find the magic number to count to and to recoginse that moment you are asleep so you don’t loose consiousness.

Yeah i will practice

wow looks very interesting and looks like it will work well gonna try this ^^

:welcome: geekboy!

Hey all, I just want to share something sort of funny. A couple of nights ago I decided to count from One Thousand on down as I fall asleep. I got to around 750 or so when I lost my place as I was getting so sleepy. I decided, well I’ll just start at 800 instead of entirely starting over…
But for some reason I started to count:
8 Thousand… 7 Thousand Nine Hundred 99…
7 Thousand 998… 7 Thousand 997… :shy:
Ooops! It wasn’t until I got down to about 7 thousand 750 that I realized what I was doing! :eh:
But it was a great concentration practice and I did have some awesome vivid dreams. I recommend this actually.

I’ll take that recommendation :grin: . I sometimes have issues concentrating long enough to properly perform this technique, so I need the practice.

Last night I realized why I kept drifting off and losing my place as I would do my count down.

Truthfully, it was because I my mind thought it was boring so it would try to come up with random things so that I would lose focus and unconsciously fall asleep.

So this is what I did. First I thought that my mind was like how a child is when it comes to reading. As a small kid, you need pictures to go along with your story book right? the mind wants to see some pictures, yet you need to keep it focused

So I combined visualizing with the counting.

I see a green chalk board. I see my left hand holding a white chalk stick;
Now 100 is being drawn.
Now I see right hand holding a chalk-board eraser; quickly erases 100 and then left hand quickly writes 99.
Right hand quickly erases 99 and chalk-holding hand quickly writes 98… and so on.

Or

Keep it more simple and on a dark screen I see in white the number 100 or 1000 and then it flashes to 99 or 999 and so on, actually trying NOT to verbally say the #'s in my head but simply see them.

heh sadly for me this didn’t work last night cause i couldn’t keep concentration i was so tired and then didn’t even remember any dream i may have had ;.; (was a short night 3 hours of sleep X.x)
but gonna keep trying and thats looks like a good suggestion as well

and thank you 6 :slight_smile: i should probaly go post in that new people forum soon XD

I shall try this technique!
does anyone have any hints on that?