Can someone give me a few tips on autosuggestion?

Hello to all. i have lately been using an alarm clock to wake up at 4am to try wake back to bed and other methods, but last night it woke my mom up and she couldnt get back to sleep. i am no longer allowed to set my alarm in the middle of the night so i am now trying to figure out how to use autosuggestion to wake up. I have been trying to find information on it but havnt been too successful. Any tips or input will be appreciated.

THANKS
:grin:

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Usually when I am using autosuggestion to wake up I just tell myself what time I’m going to wake up and do this a few times. It usually helps me to look at my clock right before I tell myself what time I’m going to wake up so I have some sort of reference point to how many hours I need to sleep. You will be surprised at how well this works.

thank you:) i havnt triend looking at my clock when i say it. hopefully that will help.

Make sure you tell yourself a specific time. This can be done one of two ways: one, you could say “at 4 am, I will wake up;” two, you could also say “I will wake up in five hours from now,” or something else to that effect. Whatever the case, make sure you are giving yourself very specific instructions, as well as visualizing the action. It’s also a great idea to add a task to it, such as writing in your DJ. This helps give the action a sense of importance to your SC.

thanks rhawin. i will try again tonight.

I found the “Forming a Relationship with your Subconscious” post by
BenDrummin58 helpful for improving autosuggestion. It’s kind of a long read, but worth it :smile: .

https://community.ld4all.com/t/forming-a-relationship-with-your-subconscious/22585

Heres what I do:

1. Relax, but not as much as when you WILD.
  2. Start breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth(not required but helpful).
  3. Clear your mind of all thought by just listening to your heartbeat, breathing, or whatever steady sounds there are (like water dripping from a faucet). Do not try to not think of anything, its counter-productive. Simply do what i sugested. You will know when you have sucseeded.
  4. Now repeat this phrase over and over: I will wake up at _____. Every now and then, visualize yourself waking up and glancing at your clock which reads whatever the target time is.
  5. Repeat untill you fell as if it has imparted upon your brain that you will wake up whenever
  6. Forget about it. Dont think about it again. If you do, just acknoledge the thought and change your attention to something else. Note: Trying not to think about it is equally damaging. Your brain, just to annoy you, will make it so that the harder you try to push not thinking about it, the more youl end up thinking about it (bit confusing) just “go with the flow”.

This forum is really helpful: click here :happy:

thanks for the links!

Drink a Ton of water right before you go to sleep. At least 20 oz.
When I do this I wake up no matter what within 2 to 3 hours and am forced to get out of bed for obvious reason.

that sounds like a good plan. i shall try it tonight. thanks:)