Can you bring back objects from your dreams? [Part II]

I’ve merged the topic into the “Can you bring back objects from you dreams?” topic.
I noticed later that the resulting topic was locked and I unlocked it. Was I wrong? :bored:

[Edit: OK, I’ve had a look at the whole topic, and I’ve understood why it has been locked. I splitted it in two parts.]

man i sooo wish this were possible…well…maybe it is i mean possible and easy to do.
i think you allready know what i would do :content:
make my dream girl and bring her back with me :tongue:
knowing my luck if i ever do materialize something it’ll prolly be a zombie or something like freddy krueger :help: :bored:

If this were possible. There would so much that I’d bring back and so much I’d take with me and leave some where too.

It’s nice to dream (no pun intended) but unless you can convert energy to matter and back again with your mind, I don’t think it’s ever going to be possible.
But like I maintained before, you can bring back immaterial things from your dreams, like experience, memories, ideas, adventures…the real good stuff :smile:

The only things I have ever brought back from dreams are songs and stories :cool:

Dreams are all in the mind. Anything u see in the DW is a figment of ur imagination. Thats why nobody can fly in real life or move things with their mind etc…

Why do people thing they would be able to bring somethin back? I dont wana b rude but u could make up any “miracle” like why can’t we fly and i’ll just say because of the laws of physics! The same goes for remote viewing, telepathy etc… Don’t be fooled by the minds amazing ability to reproduce realistic images, sounds, smells etc, that dont really exist.

I challenge anyone to prove any of the above, as none have ever been proven to my knowledge (to any acceptable degree). Lucid dreaming however, has been proven, so i’ll concenrate on that thankyou! :cool:

However we all agree that we do not yet come even close to understanding all about the laws of physics. So who knows…

I have to strongly disagree with you infinitycascade. You can’t cast something off as impossible unless it has been proven otherwise.

Especially, if you’re not the one doing the gathering of information.

Isn’t it the case that u usually believe what has been proven, as a pose to what has not yet been proven impossible!?

However, one thing i do agree with you on Iluminada is that every1 is entitled to there own opinion (i just take no prisoners!) :cry:

Its true that nothing is impossible untill proved otherwise, however that does not mean that we accept those things as “most likely to exist”. To me, its more like “most likely not true but I keep an open mind”. It’s like the pink elephant on the roof, it might be there and gone once you start to look, but it’s highly unlikely (use quantum mechanics to do the calculations :razz:).

Thus I would conclude that physically bringing stuff back from the dreams is a pink elephant. A huge one :smile:.

yep… agreed. maybe impossible is too strong a word. perhaps implausable… however until there is good evidence to support these ideas im unlikely to accept them. i will not completely disregard them however, if any1 ever proves its possible, then fair enough altho the idea of bringing things back from a dream does seem a bit far fetched to say the least!

Why doesnt an expierienced lucid dreamer stand up to this challenge :wink:

If you read back through this thread, you’ll see some accounts of people who have tried (I think). People grab things, and when they wake up…poof…nothing’s there.

well it is kinda long! lol.
I dont think it’ll work myself but i’ll definetely try it…

I tried it once, but didn’t succeed of course :smile: I’m convinced that it’s impossible. It’s just absurd that images in your head can manifest themselves in the real world as real objects.

Some years ago it was an absurd to think that objects heavier than air can fly or that there are bacterias in the air.Times brought the tools to make it done or seen and if it comes to our mind possibilities it even went backwards as we became more reliable on technology.
Aditionally whats real or not can be differently defined.Its in the eye of the beholder.

Here is another way that could be possible. Makes two assumtions,

1. The past isn’t certain.
  2. Your mind can choose a possible past.

If there are many possible pasts that can bring about slightly different presents (But all exactly the same from your point of view so there are no contradictions)

Then in your dream you can choose a past in which an alien spaceship crashed in your backyard thousands of years ago that is now under a metre of dirt.

Or dream past in which someone hid tonnes of gold in your basement.

Doesn’t have any problems with conservation on anything.

I don’t understand much about quantum physics, but this would be related to collapsing waveforms wouldn’t it? And It would be important that you (as a concious entity) are the only thing that can collapse them.

I agree with Garibaldi. It is an absurd proposition. The law of physics says it is impossible to create or destroy matter. Therefore in order to create material from ones dreams you would have to manipulate pre- existing matter and since everything you dream is non- physical no material is present for manipulation.

As for Jack’s argument- i few years it may have been absurd for anything heavier than air to float and yes this has since been proven possible. Theories like this one however (bringing objects back), you will find people used to believe in, in the past and now dont due to modern science proving them impossible, so its like what you said but the other way round. :tongue:

Sciencific proofs in the field of mind hardly exist.Not necesarily because theres not much to prove and its all some kind of fantasy.
Firstly because modern science just started to put its interest in it.Will take some time as we are more interested in weapons of mass destruction.I only suggested to keep an open mind because it was many times before that we thought things are impossibile/does not exist till someone came up with the idea/tool for us to see.
Second thing is something i often think about- im not sure if sciencific approach is right when trying to understand mind related stuff.On one hand it is usefull because it gives kind of evidence that most people will believe.Also it can explain a lot of mechanism, rules…etc.
On the other hand we have whole spirituall literature, excercises, ideas, examples.Stuff that proves on different level- level of self experience, which to me is way more interesting, informative, reliable.Of course one needs to go through a lot of crap till he/she gets to feel it.But same thing happens with material stuff- we do price checks, we follow good brands, we go for things that our friends recommend etc.
Anyways- its all to say that its allways worthy to keep open mind.We may be suprised what next 20-40 yrs brings us.Imagine person living before television- he`d think its all magic around us now.
take care:)

I have a hard time understanding why this is perceived as not possible. The concept of bringing things back from dreams or lucid dreams is assumed that these objects are brought back immediately.

I think that claim (if the claim is that the objects she woke up with are what she dreamt of and she did not have them before retiring) is a bit preposterous unless she was a Kabbalast Rabbi that was already experienced in the Creation of Golems.

Why I have a hard time with the aproach of saying this is not possible at all is that bringing something back from a dream does not have to be right when the person wakes up. It happens later. Materialize? Maybe. Manefest in someone’s life close in proximity to the dream? Sure.

I am sure this happens to many of you. You dream of something and it appears in your life that same day. Something rare like a snake, not something common like a cup of coffee although the common items can lead to some very interesting thoughts on lucidity and consciousness. There is probably even a thread for that already. You dream of something and you “call it” to you or bring it to you. This is more common than what it seems.

If thats the case how could you possibly prove it wasnt just coincidence? Saying that though i have never had rare objects from my dreams “materialise” in RL anyway.

It is more likely that the objects you dream about are on your mind and hence you think about them more and are more likely to notice them when they do crop up in RL.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would think this was possible! Materialising objects from dreams? :cry:
I’d just like to say- i’m not usually that sceptical and i would class myself as open minded but making something that only exists in your head real? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: