Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part II

Let your characters take a share. They are more than happy to help you out (mine is, so I am sure that yours are). They can ease the burden of multitasking quite exponentially.

This is more of a phone-talking- typing sort of thing, and when my characters take part they tend to only do their POVs XD~

Thanks~
~Talon

lol. I thought it was computer. Mandy recently made me look through 350 lousy pictures, it was thourougly miserable, but she felt strongly about it. She seems to like you lol. Check your PM box for more on the picture thing that she made me sit through. But even as she did that, she reminded me to check the forums. But I guess with phones, it doesn’t work the same way lol.

XDD Computer multi-tasking is a mastered skill for me already~ ^^
Thanks for the pictures, by the way-- I have seen them! ^^~
Thank you very much Mandy! But please make sure poor Tribe doesn’t suffer too much…?

With much love,
~Talon!

This is all pretty similar to servitor creation in chaos magic. If this is a no-no subject around here, excuse-me, I’m new lol.

‘Servitors’ - I don’t like that name much, I prefer ‘co-workers’ - are basically thoughtforms you create, using an intention for it’s core. You feed - or solidify, as Talon Arana put it - it by thinking, focussing on it, imagining interaction with it until you really start to communicate. I gave it a go about two years or so to help me with LD. The core intention was something along the lines of ‘to help me achieve a lucid state of dreaming’; his purpose was to appear in my dreams to tell me I was dreaming and to teach me things about the dreamworld.

Since the approach I had found was very detailed, it uselessly overcomplicated the whole thing and took all the fun out of it. I enjoy freestyling when it comes to that type of stuff but since it was my first try… After sending him a big energy boost, I could finally start to work with him. I wasn’t DJing or using any LD techniques at all at that moment.

He worked fine the first night. He showed up, touched my arm and said ‘hey, you’re lucid’. He then taught me a new way to teleport. It was fun. After a couple of nights, he just poofed. The last time I came across him and asked how he was doing, he said he was fine living as various DC in my dreams lol. I left him alone after that. When I’ll get more lucid, I’ll visit him from times to times. ^^

I remember reading about a guy who had written stories about a fantasy world he’d created for years before realizing that his characters had come alive and interacted with him in (and out of) his dreams. The main idea is the more you put mental energy into something, the more ‘alive’ it will become. The more detailed their features, personalities and history, the more real they get. From that point of view, yes, Santa Claus DOES exist. Just think about the enormous amounts of energy little kids feed him. XD

Hapexamendios, that is an interesting way to put it. obviously you know your stuff. I am familiar with chaos magic, and though it is a no-no in my religion, it is fine on the forums. Thus you are quite free to post about it, as far as my knowledge.

Well, I am familiar with chaos magic because I plan to go into the ministry in my religion. Magic of any kind is expressly forbidden, so I, as any minister would, have studied it so that in the future, I can give my congregation reasons WHY it is forbidden in my religion. Because of that study, I am familiar with what you are speaking of. Of course, her “soul-less” character idea fits well into Servitor creation. However, her deeper characters surpass those bounds.

“Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted,” a quote attributed to Hassan I Sabbah I believe, you would have heard of if you practice chaos magic. There is no such thing as an objective truth outside of our perception; therefore, all things are true and possible. This is what chaos magicians believe largely. However, I think that Talon has made a different approach to it. She doesn’t subscribe to the fact that there is no objective truth outside our perception, at least I don’t believe so, as I speak to her and do psycological evaluations.

No, I believe that her deeper characters are a product of her mind, just as Servitors, but they develop their own personalities soon enough. As far as I have read, this isn’t the case with Servitors because they are centered around a core intention. No, these characters are a part of the mind that interact on a deeper level than Servitors, well, at least her deeper characters.

I, personally, don’t think that magic of any sort is required to create such characters. I mean, they are part of the mind like any other. They are much deeper than Servitors, much deeper. Of course, I am talking about her deeper characters, not her “soul-less” characters. Then again, that is only my view on everything, you have every right to believe what you would like, and I respect you for it.

By the way Talon, I don’t know if that is representative of your views. It probably is, as far as my psycological guesses lol, but it might not be. If it isn’t, then I apologize.

so let me get this right. You hear voices in your head?..

Awesome. I totally agree with the fact that the more mental energy you put into something, the more ‘alive’ it becomes. That is cool, and seems to be true. I like that view, and totally agree with it. And yes, from that point of ciew, Santa Claus does exist…hey that works lol, as long as I don’t see any elves peeking in. Then it’s beat down time :cool: .

Tribemaker

lol Malac. Would you like it from a scientific point of view? Don’t think there isn’t science behind it lol. If you would like one then I would be happy to oblige.

lol

how can i put this…

awesome self-inflicted Schizophrenia?

wait Malac I knew I knew your name from somewhere. The DEILD guy…actually I had no opinion in that argument lol. I mean, I knew it wasn’t his technique, but I wasn’t gonna say so lol. Ahh well, I salute you for doing so.

Tribemaker ~

I played around with chaos magic for awhile. I didn’t care much about the theories or great figures. I don’t mean to offend but all I was interested in was the practical aspects. What I liked about it was that it fitted with my way to perform rituals - which I label as ‘mcguyverish’ (ie: cheap, quick and easy lol). I pretty much took bits here and there to create and destroy my own paradigms. :content: What I discovered after awhile, though, was that people tend to think too much, when it comes down to things such as servitor creation. I had worked so hard on finding the right correspondences, craft his sigils and launch him that the whole process looked too different than what I would have done by myself (something much simpler and more fun).

For instance, I would have used the ‘fake it till you make it’ approach, even if it would have taken much more time to come into effect. I’d imagine my character, the conversations I’d have with him and act as if I knew he was already there. I did something similar with a protector I created for a friend, and who did a great job.

When I hack reality in order to get specific results, I don’t consider it as ‘magic’. To me, it is simply something anyone can do. Some people need specific sets of beliefs, symbols,… others don’t. Some people invoque elementals to create energy structures, others rely on psi. Talon’s way is a perfect example of what that type of hack is, once stripped from an esoteric frame. But anyway, it’s not the process that matters but the results.

This year, I totally plan to perform a Santa Claus ritual. I thought of it too late last winter. It will probably involve hot cocoa, cookie / milk offerings and a letter written with the enthusiasm of a five year old lol.

lol no offense taken. Personally I think that chaos magic is rather dumb, as far as the theories. Of course, magic is expressly forbidden in my religion so I may be a bit biased lol. I get your not the process that matters but the results thing.

Good luck. If you see Santa, tell him stay away from me or it’s beatdowm time, I don’t like the concept of some fat guy peering in the window watching my every move… :cool:

@___a O-o;; Wow! That’s pretty interesting… XD;; I can’t really make a comment though cause my religion doesn’t let me… @____a

XDD~ No it’s fine, this is all profoundly interesting-- I’m not quite sure what to make of it all…
But thanks for it, I think! :D~

XD… Uhmm-- it’s very much more complicated than that… It’s more like I ‘hear’ the voices of the characters I’ve made…

But I guess that’s the uhm… very very shortened version of this entire thread XD~!

I don’t really know how to answer that without laughing a bit…~ XD~

XD Lol!
I hope not…? Your perception of reality shouldn’t be warped though! XD But it is a funny enjoyable way to put it I suppose, if all is friendly! XD

Oh dear! This thread is sinking into magic talk! XD~

I hope it doesn’t fall into chaos… I am so bad at managing all this~~ ^^;

[Mini Progress report]

Eep! Didn’t manage to capture that lil essense creeping along in Mindspace…

But-- No.
It’s somewhere deeper, this ‘character’ is somewhere from beyond Mindspace and Aria, I can feel it coiled just underneath my ribs. I can see her, she looks female at least… But I guess no gender.
Ever since my dream log where I mentioned a visualized internal clock, I could see the faded phantom image of her in my mind’s eye when I think about it… I failed to capture her and create a seperated character from that. Infact-- it seemed rediculous when i imagined the poor thing melded into a wall–

But the most peculiar thing happened… When I did, and I tried to speak to her ( I hope it’s a her, I don’t like ‘it’…too much like talking about an object), she spoke to whatever is beyond mindspace. What I can only hope to be some kind of subconscious ( so many doubts about that though D:> ) She just said what I said, it was like she as a tele-phone to past mindspace. She spoke to my core-- maybe home for her?

I usually get an echo-y sound from my thoughts, that I analyze and just…generally get used too-- it’s like being in a warm cave. I didn’t hear that when I spoke to–

I gave her a name last night, either Ambient or Ambience, or Luna or something-- She looks alot like the mold I have made for Ghost and No-name… Impossibly pale skin, translucent even, and no pupils. She is faded into white whenever I imagine her, a white backround, faded into the blinding light from her hips.

Who is she? She’s no ordinary character essense at least–

Oh well, in my dreams, I suppose.

What do you guys think…?

Yours–
~Talon

lol Talon we shot down chaos magic a long time ago. lol so how is it falling into magic???

Other then that, I subscribe to the Christian view on magic. It’s bad, a no no, not good. Lol.

Your new character creation thing is interesting. The reason she is strange seems to be that such a character is created primarily from a central thought core. Because of this, the “soul-less” aspect comes in. It has no personality, but rather one set goal. This was your intention in creating it. I think that is why your character seems so strange. Of course, I may be wrong.

Don’t worry Talon, this thread went off magic talk quite a while ago. Did you actually read those posts? We shot down the whole magic thing lol.

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure this thread doesn’t fall into magic talk lol…
Tribemaker

Nono-- I know… it went away quite a bit ago-- but I guess I abosorbed it all at the same time. Sorry ^^; I know the issue was resolved, but I can’t help the feeling it will arise again soon…

But yes…
Uhm.
This…essence. She is strange. It is hard to grasp her, and perhaps you are right-- an intention rather than a character.
But she seems past it.

Right now, I think… I will just admire her as I would art, and leave her to be a topic of personal contemplation.
She is enjoyable to think about-- perhaps I shall test CALD out with a generic no-face (citizens of mindspace who represent thoughts and feelings) I will find one, perhaps, inspired by her and stick it too a wall… it’s no better than a maniquin, and probably won’t do much-- but it’s amusing none the less.

If anything, I’ll grab Ghost-- he’s always been on the border of Character ‘puppet’ born and deeper anyways…

Grateful and floaty,
~Talon

By the way, the name abyss has drifted by, I am trying to find a name for her, but she is nameless-- and I already have a no-name…

Perhaps Noname has evolved…? agh