Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VIII

You’re so lucky! :cry: I should do some research in daydreaming too. and you seem to be making some great progress there :happy:

You’re lucky you can do such detailed worlds. I usually stick to very simplistic mindscapes and slowly discover other places from a very vague overview at first.

Also, how is that hypnosis audio going? Did you ever post it or no? Is too lazy to go back and read

To be honest I completely forgot about the audio file. :bored:
I should work on it again, if the file still exists on my PC.

I figured that you have to be really, really tired to get vivid imagery with your eyes closed. You need to close your eyes, and think about random thoughts without falling asleep. Then you have to slowly switch your attention to the scene you want to daydream about. It has to be gradual.
The visual and audio sensations usually come around the same time, but the auditory “hallucinations” are more prominent.

I came to conclude that you also need no light source, and no music (except calm music or something similar).

I’m curious, do the people here who make characters think that a person should be good at causing lucid dreams with other methods before they try to use characters? I think that using a character to help me enter lucidity might be good for me because I imagine characters almost compulsively (I was the little girl with a whole world of imaginary friends…), but I’m not sure if it would be trying to do too much, too soon.

Hmm, as I don’t (yet) use a lot of characters myself, I can’t say how well that works out for me. However, I would suggest that you have some experience with how other techniques work. You don’t have to master various types of MILD or WILD in order to use CALD, but I think it’s a good idea to at least know how the others function so you have a more well rounded knowledge base.

That said, I think it’s essential for beginners not to try too much too soon, so if you feel that CALD is the most interesting technique for you, then I would suggest that you try that first (but be sure to stick with it for a while). This is because you’ll probably be motivated more, as well as have more fun with it, and that’s what lucid dreaming is partly about: fun.

Been reading Teraflare’s very interesting posts and I came to realize something. I’ve had eight lucid dreams this month (and I started getting back into it late September, so that’s pretty good). And I’m not 100% sure, but I do believe that with at least three or four of them, I did some nighttime daydreaming/visualizing stuff before I went back to lucid dreamland.

I know for sure that I did that last night after 5 hours of sleep. The lucid dream had NOTHING to do with what I was daydreaming about, but said daydreaming may have put me in a slightly more “aware” mindset for the remainder of the night.

I’m pretty good at daydreaming in general, so maybe I should make more of a habit of doing so before I go to sleep. I’ll start trying exactly that this weekend. It’s also a great way to keep my mind a little more aware before I fall asleep, and it works better than doing math, and it’s infinitely more fun, lol.

I only get LDs from daydreaming/visualisation if I have the intention to LD.
I want to visit the scenarios in a dream, but nights I forget to “set the intention” I don’t remember any lucid dreams. When I’m focussed and daydreaming while asking my characters (or alternatively, a MILD Mantra) to make me lucid, I will most likely have a LD. The only problem is me staying lucid enough to be able to control something, because most of the time I’m lucid and I “go with the flow” of the dream I was already in.

If I’m in the correct mindset then I can see vivid images with my eyes closed when I daydream. The only problem with this is that if I open my eyes or stay like this for too long then I sometimes get frightening visual hallucinations (this is only at night though). This is probably because my mind is drifting more as I’m getting closer to sleep.

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this earlier, but I read that if you wake up after 5 hours of sleep, and daydream (trying to fit in all of the visual, auditory, tactile sensations) about walking round your house, then after 10 seconds - 1 minutes you will hop straight into a dream without you realising it. I also read that you do not have to go into SP, as you hop straight into an LD.
I’ll have to try this out though…

EDIT (31/10/10) - Just had a breakthrough in visualising Eden.
I now know the structure of the city and everything, I’m just adding detail to make it more like a futuristic city.

Wow its been a while since I’ve been on this thread. :bored:

Anyways, for a progress report, I managed to have a LD with who i believe to be was Molly. :content: She wasnt wearing any of the clothes i initially imagined her in, rather she had a random attire. She had, however, blonde hair that only went down to her shoulders and (i think) blue eyes, just how i imagined her having.

As far as actual development of my MCs goes, I havent had any real time to spend on them, being that school and other personal stuff begged for almost all of my attention. Although a couple of rather peculiar things did happen. As i was speaking with Molly at some point, I noticed she had a different…“voice” if you wanna call it that. After some discussion i found that she wasnt Molly at all, rather her name was Clarisse (like Clarisse McClellan from Fahrenheit 451). I dont have any sort of picture for what she would look like, and I’m not sure if i should give her one or if i should just let her come up in a LD and just find out. She came about just about as developed as Molly, except this was without real conscious effort. None of my MC i think can be considered FULLY developed, but eh ill work on that.

Now about Agnus, for some reason he developed a kind of personality all of his own. I wouldnt say he was fully developed to the point of complete automatic response, but it IS something. He doesnt even prefer to be called Agnus anymore oddly enough :bored:, instead he would rather be called Ramone (please dont even ask,im still wondering about that :neutral: ). He has a completely different voice from the robotic kind of tone he had to begin with. To test that he wasnt just another MC, i tried speaking to Agnus at some earlier point, and i got this response feeling from Ramone, as if trying to correct me. Neither Molly nor Clarisse really like Ramone at all, i just got that kind of response feeling as i was talking to the both of them.

Thats all i have for now, I’ll try spending some time with them today. And fortunately i have a long weekend coming up :happy: so i know ill make some progress there.

I have a character now! I had decided not to consciously create one yet. However, yesterday a young woman named Jet slipped into my mind (well, more like pounded on my mind’s metaphorical door and demanded entrance). I decided to go ahead and start developing her as a character, because I had a really strong image in my mind of who she was.

Last night I asked her if she would help me remember my dreams, because two minds are better than one, and I imagined her saying “Yeah, I can do that.” This morning I woke up and couldn’t remember any dreams, so I was a little disappointed (although not angry at Jet, I was sure she did the best she could especially since she’s not very autonomous in my mind yet.). I tried to talk to Jet, but I couldn’t think of anything for her to say back and I told myself, maybe she was off “retrieving” a record of my dreams. A minute later I remembered a dream I had, and I immediately imagined Jet saying, “See, I won’t let you down.”

I don’t know much about character-assisted dreaming yet, but so far I am having lots of fun :smile: If I have time today I will take Jet to the character chat thread so she can introduce herself.

It’s nice to see a new person in the character chat. I think you shouldn’t try too hard in thinking of an answer for her. You let her grow and it becomes more of an automatic reply thing. It’s good to see she retrieved your dream for you. And good luck with her, I hope she leads you to an ld.

Thanks Eilatan! Last night I noticed that my RC wasn’t adding up (the time had changed from 4:00 to 3:58 ), and I immediately heard Jet’s voice confirming my RC and that I was dreaming :smile: She then congratulated me during my first (regrettably short) lucid dream! So far she is doing remarkably well. I asked her if she wanted me to make her a co-pilot and she said “Not on your life!” so I guess she will be my only character for a while, until someone else jumps into my mind of their own accord.

Congrats on your first lucid dream. =O And yeah, some of these characters are just snotty about others “replacing them”. >_> Even though we don’t take it that way. D=

I know what you mean. I thought that Jet might like a buddy (when I suggested that two minds were better than one [when I asked her to help me remember my dreams], she readily agreed), but she said she has everything under control and she doesn’t need, or want, a buddy. Okay, sister, whatever works for you…

wow, TheTinyNinja that’s so cool! congrats on the LD :happy: and on making a character that seems to really want to help o_o

Thanks mattias :smile: I have been pleasantly surprised at how eager to help Jet seems to be.

Has anyone noticed that their characters evolve as you keep working with them? At first I thought Jet was a tough, silent, stony sort of person. As I’ve talked with her more, I’ve discovered that she has an obstinate streak and she clams up when she’s uncomfortable, but other than that she’s a friendly, chatty person. Interesting…

Wow, been gone so long…

Hi, tinyninja! nice to meet you! and yesm a character’s personality does evolve over time.

I neglected talking to Tsi’leik and jessica for a month, because whenever Tsi’eik tried to talk to me, i was taking a test or notes. He just a few minutes ago talked to me for the first time in a month. Apparently, he had been trying to ask me to make him a place where he can stay while not talking to me or just watching the world (think talon’s “mindspace”). Scince i shooed him away the 5th time he talked to me at a bad time, he went ahead and made his mindspace himself. So his mindspace has become Pandora. Jessica I have not heard from, although Tsi’eik says she is in her own mindspace.

Tereaflare, i’m gonna have to try to visualize my characters.

Psst Ninja, Kupo offers her tree. :wink: Has Tsi’eik been able to return to his home?

Hi. Im new at the forum, and I have been about 3 months in my quest for lucidity.
So far I’ve had 2 or 3 LD with very low ludicidy and lasting no more than 1 minute, and lots of sleep paralysis (actually I don’t know how to enter a lucid dream from SP)
Actually Im trying to master the WILD teachique, and Chaining seems to be work the best for me. But I’m also very courious about CALD.

I have been developing my character since october, after a very interesting dream where I met her. Now she is fully developed. Her name is Victoria. But I have a problem.
I can’t interact with her. When I try to talk with her she seems very puppet-like, and altough I have been trying for a month, I can’t see improvements.

So I need some advice to improve my interaction with Victoria.

Thanks.

You could always hit up the character chat topic in the playground. I’m sure you could find a way for her to flow. Just let it be natural. =O I’m sure you’ll find her.

Ohh thank you very much.

Wow. I’ve been away from this topic for quite a while.

Haven’t really talked to my characters much because I’ve been depressed recently and I haven’t been in the mood to do so.
But I have something to report with the visualisation thing.

This morning; I fell asleep into a dream without me realising it and when I become lucid, everything went really blurry and had small amounts of SP. It felt really relaxing, but then it eventually became aggressive and my body shot with virbations.
The worst thing was, I felt a hand tickle me and I was ‘being tortured’ by a hallucination tickling me.
It lasted half a minute, and when I woke up I visualised myself touching objects. I lost concentration, and I visualised a completely different scene. This time, I could actually see the image vividly in my mind, and I could control it. I was about to hop into a LD (from what I hear you can go straight into a lucid from visualisating straight after waking up) when I began having tactile hallucinations and it scared me so much I snapped out of it.

I’m definitely trying again tomorrow morning.