Confronting your deepest fears in LD's

Haha, wow. That is a really nice one! :woo: I’ll remember it. :tongue:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Erin Pavlina’s experiences with fear on lucid dreams (Freddy Kruegger on a lucid dream? that’s gotta be scary), that quite agree on the comments other have said (and that BTW also put to rest the idea of dying in real life if you die in a dream, mentioned in other thread):

erinpavlina.com/blog/2006/02 … your-fear/

I don’t quite share her model of reality, but you have to admit that on lucid dreaming she has experienced cool stuff (go look for her “Naptown” and “Ultimate Evil” entries for example)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link. It´s a very intresting site…

That’s curious, when I read this account, I’ve just the feeling it’s a fraud. Freddie is choosen as an example because it’s a well known bogey man related to dreams, the recurrent dream about him looks like very improbable (unless you’re 6 years old), the plan with a pre-programmed house and a lock spell sounds like completely ridiculous, the dialogue is quite incredible. All this doesn’t let me with a very good impression.

Maybe, maybe not, i dunno, my general attitude towards most stuff is that i’ll observe it with some sort of open-minded skepticism (think Mulder, can and wanna believe it’s true but only if it is true) as i can only vouch for my own experiences (and even those will have their own dose of skepticism as well), but i do think it’s quite coherent with the rest of hers. Then again, those other experiences are more difficult to digest than this one, as she’s a psychic-for-hire, so you may just take this with a grain of salt as they say.

Either way, it at least is entertaining :wink:

Just noticed that in the ld4all guide itself there’s a similar account, in the “nightmares” section. The one on the german soldier. While it isn’t quite the same, i couldn’t help but notice the similarity.

The similarity is explained by the fact these type of accounts are rather common. The main difference are, it’s not Freddie but a anonyme german soldier, or a tiger (Paul Tholey), etc ; the plan consists in asking what it represents ; the dialogue is nearer to what you generally get in LD’s. Of course, it’s obvious that Pavlina knew these accounts.