Different styles of flying

…Hitching a ride on another flying vehicle or object if your flight just isnt working right that night.

I achieved flying in my LDs by using a Green Lantern power ring. I guess you could really use almost all of the power rings to achieve flight but being a Green Lantern has been too much fun to stop doing it now. I haven’t really used any specific form of flying though. Before using the power ring I could not seem to control my flight no matter what style I tried. The most luck I ever had was with the super man style. I conjured up a cape and everything to try and get into character but that ended really bad. Too much thining about being a hero always seems to make the villians come out of nowhere for some reason.

Today I was sitting in my favorite caffe bar and I was watching some video spots and there was a one from the Erasure - Blue Savannah. Man I felt tingles through my whole body. The very beginning of the video where he is what it seems flying and somewhat controlling the direction of flying by his right hand, that’s exactly how sometimes I fly in my lucid dreams…

Also the name of the album is called WILD which reminded me of the actual technique WILD and that was the moment where I did 3 RC’s :grin: … But it wasn’t dream :sad:

I’ve actually done this one a couple times. Flight was always the “result” as opposed to the intent, so it might be nice for people who have trouble lifting off.

Usually I just use the neverland/peter-pan style, but I’ve liked using wings to beat the air more. One time in an ND, I used a marvelous flying contraption that slowly raised upward, like a slow paced hang-glider. I was nervous though, it being an ND. In another ND, I used a broom. Brooms are pretty fun :3

someday I will try all styles :colgate:

Isn’t the Nothing and Imagine It method the same?

Anyways, nice job. I’ll have to try some of these sometime.

I myself, prefer the “Nothing” method. However I have not flown very much. (Once or twice)

moved from gen luc to existing sticky topic :moogle:

I use to have difficulty flying, but then I started to do it in unconscious dreams. I would jump forward into a horizontal position with my hands in front of me, and I would sway them to the side to move forward, as if I was swimming, but in the air. doing that again and again keeps me flying. :smile:

Anyway, my point is that dream incubation is under-rated. It is so much more useful than people say it is.

I love flying but I can never fly fast! whenever I try the superman flying, i just go really slowly. I normally fly like I’m swimming, either doing the breast-stroke or doggy paddle is the easiest, but its not fast. I wish I could fly super fast though! my LD’s don’t last really long, and i want to get places fast, to make most of my LD’s! :confused:

I’ve notice that whenever you try to use a style it usually doesn’t work. I tried that too. I thought if I use superman style that I will be fast, but I wasn’t.

I usually give advice to just do things in dreams but that seems to be hard for most of the dreamers but I don’t really have any other advice. That’s how I do things and if I start to over thinking things in dreams things tend to go in wrong way…

The only method I’ve ever accomplished anything is the do nothing one. Rather than trying to conjure up a means or a tool to do it, for me it’s just been imagine it happening. Along with this, I sometimes find that rather than just imaging it happening, also imagine what it would feel like. Focus on that feeling and try to magnify it. Even pretending that it is happening might give you an advantage.

If you can convince yourself that it really is happening, rather than thinking and trying it to do so, it may just work. I think a lot of the dreamscape is based on your own feelings, desires, and perception. So change all three of those, and you may change the dream.

I agree! :thumbs:

I had a lucid dream a few days ago and I decided to try different styles of flying. First, I jumped in the air and I started to ‘swim’. It worked, but I flew really, really slow. Then I tried flying with the superman style. I was flying, but not fast. I also tried to fly like a bird, but somehow it didn’t work. Then I remembered using a jet pack could help. And it helped! I was flying high in the sky and it felt amazing. It’s funny to try these different styles of flying, it was so much fun :smile:

I will try those methods, I have tried the arm spread and it is true what you said. also tried swimming but is very slow. I try just nothing and using my mind but is hard to take off and when I do I shoot 100ft in the air, too high for me at this point. I did try to use a big metal cube but it acts as a transport to another dream scene, something to think of for ya all. :wink: . I will ty the others though. :content:

I usually just will myself wherever I want to fly for short distances and go superman or dragonball style when I need to go fast and far. Lately though I enjoy growing either black or white angel wings; it is a bit slower but I enjoy flapping them and looking cool :happy:

i found out last night in my LD by asking my dream to give me greater awareness. i was able to fly much better with almost any flying style.

When I try to fly in my dreams, I usually fly very slowly or close to the ground. I keep practicing these techniques (superman-style flying and mind-power) but every time it feels like I’m flying in a huge jar of honey. This is also true for running and swimming…

i had the same problem, i would only gain a few feet or move slowly. untill i asked the dream for greater awareness or to grant me 100% lucidity. it was more clear and easier to fly. also u have to want it and believe that u can. if u get frustrated use that emotion or any emotion for that matter it will realy help. then soon there will be nothing to it.

when i can manage it, i take progressively larger leaps til one bound has me soaring as far as i please.

Cool list, but all i need to do is jump and then I’m floating :meh:

The Mad Hatter said this and I’m sure others said it but I didn’t read everyone’s post: it’s pretty much about your expectations. You are only going to limit yourself with certain flying methods because you think their are limitations that come with that method. People who use the superman method say it’s hard to turn. I don’t have a problem with it because I know I can turn well in that pose if I want to so I do. Mind over matter even though there isn’t matter in this situation because it’s a dream. And to those people who are learning how to fly: pick one method if you are having trouble with flying and build off of that up to flying perfectly in whatever pose you take. Don’t learn other methods that have “guidelines” to show what benefits and detrimental aspects there are to that pose.