[DILD] how to think of dreamsigns?

After looking through some tips for WILD, MILD, & WBTB, I learned that those aren’t for me, since I can’t wake up in the middle of the night due to my schedule, and I have too low of an attention span for VILD. DILD is the only one I think would work for me. I’ve had some trouble doing DILD though. Is there any special things that help with it?

If it matters, my RC signs are thoughts at all about dragons (always dream-related for me for some reason), bright blue, and whenever I think of lucid dreaming.

Also, I’m wondering if The Game can be bad for your LDing, since you’re trying to forget. Any thoughts?

Each day, carry a picture of a blue dragon with you, and make it as you would see it occassionally but not knowing it. When you see it, do a reality check. Whenever you see a dragon IRL as well, do an RC. Hopefully you will do that in the dream too :smile:

I’d support DILD by MILD - those techiniques are highly connected (MILD causes DILD’s). The point is not to repeat it in time, but just aim and help yourself and your SC to recogenize dream.

If you really hate MILD i give you a hint:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/willing-yourself-to-do-it/22117

DILD methods are all the methods that are not WILD, that is all the method which will make you realize, during a ND, that you’re dreaming.

Main DILD methods are RC’s, MILD, autosuggestion and finding an object in dreams(generally your hands).

What precise method do you plan to use?

RCs is what I use

all my lucid dreams ever have been DILD, from RCs or spontaneous

I can’t use hypnosis. I’ve tried and it messed up my DR.

Supposedly for MILD, you should wake up in the middle of the night (or day, however you sleep) then go back to sleep doing MILD for it to work. I can’t wake up in the middle of the night. Can you do MILD without waking up in the middle of the night?

“Each day, carry a picture of a blue dragon with you, and make it as you would see it occassionally but not knowing it. When you see it, do a reality check. Whenever you see a dragon IRL as well, do an RC. Hopefully you will do that in the dream too”

If I see it, wouldn’t that be because I remembered it, which I would have already done an RC? I don’t think that will work. I can’t carry it out in front of me all day long, I have school.

I also notice we don’t have a big DILD topic. I’d have thought someone would have made one by now.

You have school. So make a picture of a blue dragon and put it inside all of your books and in random pages. Or put them on the cover of your binders/folders/notebooks. Or put a pic in your locker. Or in your car. Or by your computer. I’m not quite sure this would work because, as you mentioned, you might expect this, but I think it would get the idea ingrained (sp?) in your mind that you need to RC when you see a blue dragon.

That, or autosuggest might work. You don’t need to stay up long for it, and WBTB doesn’t seem to have much of an effect on it…

That might work. Also, its convenient because my notebook cover is blue. :content:

You can do MILD or autosuggestion without waking up in the middle of the night. WBTB increases dramatically your chances of having a LD, but of course you can have a LD without.

As I said above, DILD methods include RC, MILD and autosuggestion. They are very different and can’t be treated in the same topic. We already have a BIG MILD and a BIG RC topic.

And you can do MILD in bed, while falling asleep. It dont gives huge boost, but it helps.

@The BIG DILD topic

Or just DILD is not technique that causes a LD, but a result of another techniques. :tongue:

As Basilus West indinated DILD is a big topic that includes lots of other tecs. That is why there is no big DILD topic. DILD is anything that gets you into an LD from an ND. That includes just about everything except WILD. Anything that you do, including just reading about LDing and hopeing for an LD, falls under DILD, unless in involves going directly into an LD from some other state then a ND. Because there are lots of differet ways to do that, the different ways are the big topics, not DILD.
I suppose that you could do the same thing for WILD.
CILD- counting induced LD
HHILD - HH induced LD
HIILD - HI induced LD
IHHILD - ignoring HH induced LD
but that would be kind of ridiculous. :grin:
So we just stay with WILD and RC MILD… for DILD
don