Do you think OBE are LDs ?

Do you think OBE are LD’s?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Do you think OBE are LDs? Some people think so but a lot of authors said that OBE are diferent more detailed and are in some planes that they visit frecuently.

Yes.

I was hoping that this was a poll…

Yes it’s like LD’s, I’d like to call them “smart” LD’s. :smile:

Agreed. :content:

It’s a poll now :content:

I think an LD can be an OBE - but an OBE isn’t a LD…

:meh: i didn’t understand :razz:

I think OBEs are LDs.

Imo most OBEs are LDs. Though experienced yogis can literally detach from their bodies at any moment during the day, so in those cases I wouldn’t call them LDs :smile:

I voted yup :smile:. For reasons I’m too lazy to go in on :wink:.

yes mystic, exactly what I wanted to say :smile:

Yep, I think they are one and the same.

I think a lot of “reported OBEs” are actually LDs. But that rare OBEs do also exist. So I have voted yes (with some reservations)

I never had a OBE, so I’m not sure. But from what I’ve heard about it, it sounds like a LD.

I think there has to be some better definitions as to what an OBE or a LD is here.

For example, you could dream of having an OBE, so your OBE wouldn’t be an OBE, just a LD. But, you could have an OBE while walking to work spontaniously, that certainly wouldn’t be an LD.
Or, you could have an OBE while falling asleep which may not be while your dreaming, but may just be ‘remote viewing to the extreame’, so this wouldn’t be be a LD or an OBE.

I voted no, because there are obviously instances when these "OBE"s happen when your not dreaming or alseep :wink:

For me its another dimension when having ld or Oobe.Sometimes we land closer to reality sometimes further but no one ever confirmed that either happen in our dimension.The closest was just mix of two(or more).
Voted yes.Only exception is when we consider daydreaming an Oobe.

IMO, OBE’s are dreams, so they are LD’s. I don’t think that anything goes out of anything during an OBE. What you feel to be your physical body is a dream of your body. What you feel going out of your dreamt physical body is another dream body.
I don’t think that, when relaxing and feeling you’re falling through your bed, you’re really going under your bed. So I don’t think that when you feel you’re flying upon your beed, you’re really over your bed.

All of my OBE-s so far has been some kind of LD-s, and not “real” astral trip, or smt. I bet that many “astral travels” are actually LD-s too, because people love to believe whatever they please.

There are some very simple exercises if you want to prove that your OBE was real astral travel. I bet that few people indeed have astral travels, but i also believe that some people are just easy to believe anything “esoterical”.

But if you aren’t aware they are dreams, then they still aren’t the same as a lucid dream. Maybe we should ad Normal Dream to this poll or something :wink:

yes
but i believe there are real OBEs as well (NDE-OBE)

LOL ! Well reasoned ! :lol: Effectively, if you believe you are not dreaming, because you believe you’re out of your body, in the real world, or in astral plane, they should not be called “lucid dreams”.
But, IMO, it’s only due to the weakness of the lucid dream definition. You can perfectly be conscious in your dream, be able to reason, and believe that you’re doing anothing thing than dreaming (for instance, you can have a LD in which you believe you’re really dead and are a ghost). But for scientific purpose, it’s easier to define LD’ing by cognitive notions than by the notion of consciousness.
If you’re not convinced, just have a look at the “consciousness” thread in the Philo Cloud and consider the mess… :happy:

i would really have to have one if i were to decide if OBE are something else
maybe a OBE is different to an LD but as some have said i think to many people confused an LD for an OBE