Dolphins vs. Monkeys

If I could have either as a pet, I’d choose monkey just cause they’re fury and you can bring them in the house. They’re intelligent and funny.

well… at some point… yes…

Just out of curiosity, what caused you to want to compare these two very different creatures? At this point, I know very little about either but like dolphins more. And when you say monkeys, I instinctively think of the awful monkeys from Jumanji. Do you mean all types of primates, like apes and chimps? There are quite a few differences between the types so if you meant apes, I would choose them because they are closest to humans and are thus smarter and have more of a personality. They also can learn sign language. Let’s see a doplhpin do that! :tongue:

What made me compare these two? Well, they’re basically the THE two candidates for most intelligent animal, and a lot of people like both of 'em, and stuff. I’m doing a research paper on dolphins right now, they’re amazing. :content:

Monkeys learn sign language? Dolphins can learn in 8 seconds what it takes a monkey a month to do.

And let’s see a monkey navigate while blind and deaf, with echolocation! Huh? :grin:
Yeah, well, have fun with that for a while. I didn’t figure the topic’d get any replies, but apparently people are very fierce in their love of monkeys and dolphins.

“Yeah, well, have fun with that for a while.”

Geez, no need to be so combative. You wanted our opinions so you got 'em. I was only saying that dolphins don’t have the dexterity that apes do and the last remark (which you quoted) was more or less just a joke, thus the italics.

MONKEY!

Actually, not a monkey, but a Gorilla named Cocoa. Let’s see a Dolphin climb a tree or use a tool to crack open a nut. Obviously there is stuff dolphins can do that monkies can’t, vice versa. But bottom line, Cocoa communicated w/ humans… feelings, emotions, and all. I think nothing compares to that, at all! :tongue:

• Z

I like monkees aswell but as piscean water lover i just cant say nothing else than dolphins!

They always radiate joy around them, even their mouth is in constant smile.

Would you like to do that? I bet you would. :wink:

And here’s for you monkey lovers. Dolphins cant do that but who would even want to? :eh:

Hey you got a picture of me.
LoL were did you find it,
hmmm I dont remember giving that to you.

That was a personal picture :cry: :cry: :grrr: :grrr: :shy: .

Hehehe anyway I forgive you.
I dont know but monkeys seem more
skeptical for me and dolphins more happy.

So hmm a monkey :confused:
or a dolphin :tongue: :content:

Dont ask me thats to hard for me 2 answer.

But i thought you looked so innocent and joyful in it…? And ive heard urine has healthy effect on skin.

But im glad you dont wanna sue me for putting up your golden shower public. :smile:

No i wont…
But…

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

SHAME ON YOU

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

“The dolpins were monkeys, that didn’t like the land…”

Can’t remember any more.

Which one is better?

I don’t know, I haven’t tasted either one.:tongue:

It has to be monkeys, they can hang on to trees with their FEET, be taught to play simple games and can dress up and look supremely cool. Dolphins can swim. Good for them.

Heh well as far as intelligence is concerned they are both strong contenders for 2nd behind man. I read somewhere that dolphins even seem to have the edge, for example they can relate to an image on a tv screen straight away while a chimp has to take time to figure out that the flat image represents a real thing.

Its a close call between the grins too: gotta love that perpetual smile of the dolphin, but nothing beats a big toothy grin from a monkey!

As for who would win in a fight… well the water would have to be at a level that in inhibits neither combatant, and I believe this is a purely abstract water level. Would be pretty close though. Dolphins can break ribs by ramming their opponent while chimps have super-human strength…

And whoever said dolphins don’t communicate with people as well as monkeys: try telling that to someone who’s swam with them! Dolphins certainly do have personalities and a complex language of their own.

Plus the military uses them to detect water mines. I guess they could use chimps to de-lice the troops in jungle warfare or maybe dress them up to perform comedy skits to keep up morale, but I havent heard of this.

Yeah I’m going to have to go with the dolphins but monkeys are great also. :grin:

This thread reminds me of the book “Bear V Shark”

If you havent read it, check it out! Very amusing and clever too.

Oija! Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be combative…Sorry if it looked that way.
:smile:
There’s 2 dolphin pictures and 1 monkey picture, so I’ll settle the score.

There we go. That one’s in Costa Rica, called a “capuchin”.

I find dolphins quite interesting…

Dolphins can also play games :tongue:

You have to teach monkeys games, but dolphins make up their own games and play with stuff. :tongue:

Oh, and someone mentioned detecting underwater mines…Some military people want to train them to attack enemy divers and actually plant mines, which I think would be awful, because dolphins almost never, ever hurt humans by themselves

Edit Reason: Quoted myself somehow…Oops.