Double Take... An Account of SHARED Dreams...

I hear you Basilus. It was scary when it happened.

dont know if this really counts but it popped in my head today.

about a year and a half ago i had an extremely vivid lucid dream in which i was hanging out with some mer-people. they were all extremely beautiful creatures, guys and girls alike. we were on a floating dock that had a canopy over it. some of the mermen and mermaids were sitting up on the dock with me and my girlfriends 6 year old son and a few others were swimming in the water. i dont remember what we talked about, i just remember it feeling really real and i was very lucid during most of it. gave me a happy feeling being around them. i told my girlfriend about it later on in the day and she told me that her son had woken up telling her about a dream he had about some mermaids. i dont know if i was in it or not, but it was kind of neat we both had mermaid dreams that same night.

sam

My brother used to get continuing dreams and would tell me the continuation every morning it was fun. He was some kind of hero and I created the monsters for the villians and he’d dream of them. Then I thought, what if I had a dream of the other side? Would it affect his dream? I think I was 11-13 at the time.

In my dreams I think I was half-lucid. I was playing the role of the enemy so I thought like him but at the same time I still kinda knew it was a dream. It apparently did affect his dreams. He’d tell me them in the morning and it was his point of view. It was really cool. I can’t remember exactly which dreams they were. He’s told me so many! I did this around 5 or more times I think. He eventually stopped getting those continuing dreams. I wanna try this with my younger brother too.

I have a question. Do you think there might be some kind of method to get SD’s? It seems I was able to get those shared dreams pretty easily. Maybe there was something I was doing that I didn’t realize at the time? It would be awesome if there were techniques written down for this like there is for LD.

I never read techniques about shared dreaming. :sad: Most of the time, it happens with people you’re really close to.

I would love to do SD.
I would go to him and start creating a dream for him that would be so funny. But no nightmare im not an ashhole just funny dream lol.

i had a shared dream with my brother. i was lucid. i was randomly walking through woods taking in the dream scape and i came to a house. i walked into the house. my brother was there on the sofa playing xbox or something like that. i said to him your dreaming do you know that he said “im not dreaming, im playing xbox, what are you doing up so late?”

i said im visiting you in a dream, you see im lucid at the moment and then i left the room and started flying.

the next day he said he had a wierd dream that i was in, he said he dreamt he was at a friends house playing xbox and that i suddenly came through the door and told him that it was a dream.

it was quite wierd to tell him that i actually was in the dream and that i had the same dream.

i think that is the only shared dream (that i know of) that i have had.

do some of you people ever have dreams where you feel like your playing some kind of astral/cosmic game with other dream players? not just dream characters but real people? i have these dreams sometime and the vibe in the dream is that im in another realm, not just some normal dream scenery and that the people are infact real. does anybody else have dreams that actually feel like this? i dont know if these are shared dreams or just very vivid and entertainin ones. but it certainly does feel like they are part of another world not just normal dream scenery.

If you’ve ever read the book: Ender’s Game and the following novels by Orson Scott Card, you will find a theory about Philotic Rays and connections. Basically, the ant creatures that attacked earth communicate via natural ansibles that use instantaneous communication over infinite distances. Also, philotic connections between people depend on the strength of their relationships, according to the book. I’d suppose it’d be the equivalent of magnetizing people who are close to each other so they can feel and influencial tug from another person. Also, with this philotic connection model, SDs are possible from universes away.

If SDs are possible from any range and are instant (Faster Than Light), then perhaps science can harness this ability…fat chance though)

I love this theory.

I plan to try to have a shared dream with my friend, who is 150 miles away from me, on the occasion that I become lucid again. I have had 2 or 3 lucid dreams, only one that I remember stuff from. I just learned of LDs and such as of Sunday, 2/26/2006, so I’m a noob.

a few months back my first lucid dream, which slowly after months of reasearch landed me here in my search for that ‘first high’ lucid dream.
I had a dream of the great wall of china, i was climbing it and thought…wait i was just there yesterday and became very lucid, at this point i saw the girl (yes the girl im after) and i told her she was dreaming, and told her that i wasn’t lying, so she kinda became lucid and we chatted for what seemed like 3 days non stop. THe next morning i asked her if she had a dream, she said yes but was embarrassed to talk about it…later on her best friend told me that she was at the great wall and she met me there…

strange

Waw! That’s very strange! :smile: Too bad that you couldn’t verify with her if the content of your dreams were exactly similar…

Hi, Clown! :content:

I get that feeling in all my dreams. The characters act realistically, seem to have real personalities, quirks and emotions. I treat the dream people as if they were real. However, I don’t believe in shared dreams - I do think the people in the dreams don’t really exist. (Never underestimate your imagination!) But they seem real enough at the time, lucid or not.

You talked like 3 days ?

Thats sure it took long , its strange but I can’t feel a dream that last more than a hour. Its almost impossible…

i used to have dreams as a child where i would play dream tag with somebody else. they would pop into my dream and then id be it, so then theyd hop into a higher or lower level of dreams, and id chase after them. it was neat. i just intiutively knew how to go lower or higher through the dreamscape, going in and out of different dreams. these happened when i was 4-6 years old i guess. i never knew the persons name, i just always instictively knew it was a male.

sam

Is shared dreaming something you can control or does it happen accidentaly?

Last night my dream lasted for what felt like 3 hours. It was a ND, but it was still an REM. Some jerk was shooting at me, lol.

My dream are usually maximum 30 minutes.
Its weird because , for like a month , its almost always dream in the morning , 1 hour before I awake.

I find it cool because I look at the clock before and after the dream and it look a lot like real-time dream. One day , the dream lenght was like 15,30 minutes and I sleeped 30 minutes.

In the most interesting cases I’ve read, it seems it happens randomly. I just know rather well one people who says he has many SD’s in a sort of voluntarily way, that is shared dreaming with another person is their dream objective but they cannot control when they will have a SD.

I don’t take in account cases where people say they don’t know the person they share the dream with. I supose some people have many dreams with a recurrent DC. It’s interesting, but it cannot really be counted as a SD IMO.

I’m sorry I didn’t answer earlier, no we didn’t try on, she said I had to discover it on my own, she’s the reason why I want to be a witch (wicca) and she really helped me out, but back then I wasn’t interested in dreams, so bad because I think I could have learned much from her and her family (her mother and grandmother are witches) now I don’t see her anymore and that’s too bad because I want to ask her so many questions, I still hope one day I will see her again :sad:

My friend used some sort of portal she said and she said it’s important to have some kind of feeling of that person, you know like euh you can feel the pressence of that person, difficult to understand

I think they just disappear, never asked actually :confused:

Now, look at me, I didn’t become lucid, I just thought she was crazy :tongue: but it could be because I didn’t know LD’s back then :sad:

Is it possible (when lucid) to pop into someone else’s dream you know? That would be really cool, since shared dreams are possible . . .

[mod]since this topic and the original BIG shared dreaming topic are overlapping now, rather than sticking to the original goal of this topic, which was to post dreams and not discuss wether shared dreaming is possible or not (or how it can be possible), i have decided to lock this topic.

Please use the BIG shared dreaming topic to discuss further :smile:

-Q
[/mod]