Dream Incubation

Just incubate any scene you’d like and when you become lucid you can search from there.
I feel it’d be better to do your decision making in waking life though.

Hm you could use selfhypnosis to imprint the intention in your sub-c that the dreams you’ll dream next night will give you some valuable insight in your problem of decision-making. If you do it this way, make sure you truly believe that your intention will become truth. Also, emphasize the nature of the decision you have to take as you’re doing the selfhypnosis. But remember, the longer your intention, the longer it takes to imprint it properly in your sub-c. It works best with short but powerful messages. If it’s pretty lengthy nonetheless, then do the selfhypnosis several times during the day, and keep thinking about all day. As you go to bed in the evening, make sure you really KNOW you’ll see some answers in the morning. Then in the morning, recall your dreams as best as possible and try to find keys in their symbolism which might give you some insights. If you really can’t see any keys, repeat the practice the next day, and so on… Also, bear in mind that the keys are hidden in several dreams so you need to put them together to “see the bigger whole”.

Good luck :smile:

He he, don’t worry Probobo. They’re not important decision-making questions as such- just an attempt to sift through emotions to get a clearer picture of what I really want- and then make a decision in waking life.

Thx Mystic and Prob- I’ll give it a few more goes. :smile:

merged into the Dream Incubation topic

Hi.

How to train mayself to dream about something?
For example, to dream about certain person, or certain place, or certain event (from the past, or I assumed one)?

And I don’t mean lucid dream, just dream.
I have friend who tried all LD technique, and can’t get LD.
But he think if he can train himself to dream about something, he’ll know that and become lucid.

What you think about that “method” to get lucid?

I’m assuming that what you are thinking of is incubating dreams. There are some topics on the forum on it, take a look around, and try doing a search on it. Many people have already discussed it here.

So far, I haven’t had any success with incubating dreams, but then again I only tried it about three times.

Incubating dreams, always a nice subject! :yes:

Start off by telling yourself that tonight you’re going to dream about this or that. Start with simple dreams, please, don’t make it too elaborate when beggining.

So tell yourself “I’m going to dream about my brother” ( :wave: T!), “I’m going to dream about nature”, “I’m going to have a dream about family”.

Keep telling yourself that before going to bed—not as a command, but as a wish (you have to remember two things: one, you’re not the ruler of your SC, so don’t go bossing at it; two, you’re also not a slave of it, so don’t just act like one—the quirk with dreaming is always to play with your sobconscious rather than against it).

The first results are not exactly what you expected, but you can see there already were results. Keep asking for a week, always telling yourself how it could be better: “Last night I wanted to dream about the jungle and dreamt about a tree; maybe I could dream about more trees…”

In less than a week, if your recall is good, you’ll start to notice you’re getting skilled at that incubation, so you can try another—maybe in a new level of complexity. So this time, instead of asking for a simple “jungle” dream, ask your subconscious before going to bed “what’s freedom?” or tell yourself to dream about something abstract—eg, ask for a “forum” dream, and see if you can incubae a concrete version of this forum in your dream.

As you get skilled (or: as your SC gets used to you bragging for specific dreams all the time :razz:), you can start going more and more specific in your dream incubations.

Some people like to wish, some people like to meditate on the subject (and bring the meditation back when they go to bed), some people like to visualize (although I think it’s a poor resource, you can give it a try, those things work differently for each person).

Good luck! :ok:

Any doubt, you can drop me a PM or add me to MSN, ok? :smile:

Thank you, Brune, I really needed those tips. :hugs:

Hi niksa!

I just merged many topics about Dream incubation and I merged yours too. Now I hope you can find here many ideas about it.

what i mean is, is it possible to choose what a normal dream will be about. for example how i have lucid dreams is repeatim dreaming over and over again until im dreeaming and i tell me self in my dream im dreaming and "wake up"in my dream. but is there a way in the day or at night or while falling asleep to kindof choose the topic of your normal dream so if i dont have an LD ill still do somethin i want to do in a dream?

I changed your title so it covers the true point of your post. :confused:no:

You could try ‘incubating’ a dream. One way to do this is to draw a picture or write a story (or both!) of what you want to do in your dream. Then, just before you go to sleep, repeat to yourself, “I will be doing X” or “When I am dreaming, I will be X.”

i once imagined me and 2 of my friends talking untill i fell to sleep and i had a dream with them in it

Like Ultimate7777 said you could try Dream Incubation.

Also you often dream about what is going on in your life. So if you for example think the whole day about bananas it is likely that it will come back in your dreams. If you go a lot to LD4all it will eventually get into your dreams. So by deciding what you do IWL, you also decide a little on what you will do in dreams. But we don’t only dream about the things IWL and it also depends on the person how much influence waking life has.

hmmmm. ive spent this whole week thinking about lucid dreams and they havent come back to me once :smile:

i guess its just MILD, except the last thing you think about before sleep is ‘i will dream this’ rather than ‘i will know that i am dreaming this’

Actually, sometimes you wont actually dream about the thing you’ve been thinking about until you stop thinking about it. So stop with lucid dreaming for a week and you will probably have a dream related to lucid dreaming or perhaps a real LD.

Just a quick question, is it possible to choose what you dream about before you go to bed at night (when you’re in bed that is)? If so, how do you do it? :eh:

Some people can, and some people can’t
Some people say that all they have to do is think about what they want to dream about before they fall asleep
I’ve tried, but I can’t do it

Well, yes. If you look at my dream journal, I publicly announce what I’m going to dream about the following night.

To do it, I simply visualize myself sleeping, with a thought bubble coming out of my head containing what I want to dream about. I do this for about five minutes, however if you have a whole lot of interfering thoughts, you might want to increase the time.

Also, if you work this way, saying what you’re going to do in your DJ may make it more important for you to succeed, thus increasing your likely-hood of doing so.

I really need to start a dream journal again, but in real life this time. That’s a good idea actually, because I’m quite good at predicting stuff, well better than avarage anyway, hence I like little meaningless gambling games. :smile:

But yeah, thanks for the help Leu and MorphEus was here! :happy:

Of course you can, such thing is commonly called dream incubation. I’ve never have had any succes with it (as if I had tried it enough) but give it a shot, maybe you can’t now or maybe I neither, but I know that in the future, with practice, it’s completly and easily possible.

I’d like to add that if you spend a week or so before-hand doing mental preparation, it’ll go easier. Just spend a few minutes each day focusing on an object and keeping all other thoughts out of your mind. You’ll notice drastic improvement. At least I did. I’ll admit that I haven’t done any rigorous testing or anything.