Dream love

I think that you should be careful when trying to define ‘love’. Ofcourse a child does not have the awareness of responsibility when it comes to love as it is in a relationship. But love is something that even a newborn experiences. The love this topic is about (towards another person) can be experienced in dreams by humans of any age. Even newborns can feel affection towards another person and experience this in a dream. The term ‘love’ is very very broad! :smile:

But when children dream love they most likely dream about the type of love that they understand the most i.e. parental and unconditional love.

If we’re talking about love towards a stranger in a dream- the mind can only produce emotions based on what it has learnt, to a degree.

It is my understanding that a newborn has no genetic understanding of love from one person to another on a conditional level and that this is something that matures with age and/ or expierience.

I doubt dreams can show us things that we have yet to expierience.
I think there are different types and that it is possible to loosly define them, but i do agree that nothing about the human mind can ever be 100% defined as there is much we don’t yet understand…

“But when children dream love they most likely dream about the type of love that they understand the most i.e. parental and unconditional love.”- this is what we all do, we dream about love the way we understand it or love that we fantasy about( what is kind of opposite to "the mind can only produce emotions based on what it has learnt, to a degree.
" but i guess its what u mean by “to a degree”)

“…love from one person to another on a conditional level and that this is something that matures with age and/ or expierience.”- again i dont think its something we can call mature.This is something we learn through bad or no examples and then when we get older/mature we start noticing(some of us) that something is not right here.In my opinion true love is uncoditionall though i understand its extremely hard to find/achieve/know.Kind of similar to spirituall development.

Dreaming about what u understand about love and what u have learnt about it is the same thing.

When i said “to a degree” i meant the brain can produce limited emotions based on things it hasn’t learnt yet known as instinctual or genetic love- but in my opinion most of this is limited and most of a persons feelings are from learnt responses.

Too right! :sad:

Yes:) This is why we all ,including children dream about love as it is for us.
Main reason why i argued a bit was that you made love dreamed by kids somehow “lesser” and then being developed in case of grown ups.I equal them or even im even closer to say that kids,not having the burden of bad experiences(being used i.e) have purer and this way “better” understanding of it.
take care:)

I dreamt I hurt my hand, and a man helped me. I felt an overwhelming love for him, not just because he helped me, it felt like I’d known him for my whole life. There was nothing sexual about it. I haven’t read this whole thread, but it feels like maybe it’s a bit restricted to sexual love? That’s too bad, since there are many forms of love, each one powerful in different ways.

not at all, actually. The feeling i described, although very intense, is not sexual. It feels sort of, to me, like how a child would percieve love, like just this overwhelming satisfaction.

Actually, in many of my dreams when I feel this, I am actually a little kid with some crush on a little kid girl, and we go do kid stuff :razz:.

My big question is :

Where does we get the love feeling from IRL ?

If I know what everyone is talking about, they don’t need to be around “long enough;” it just happens.

This is probably something like what you guys are talking about; tell me if it is:
I had this dream once where everything was like Anime-style; it was really weird (IRL I actually hate Anime but it was one of those dreams where your likes and dislikes are changed, I guess). Anyway there was this chick in it…I don’t really remember what she looked like but we were deeply in love…then I said or did something that made her really upset and I stood on like a beach outside of a beach house and just stood there watching her run away from me forever, just like a pretty typical Anime scene…the emotions I felt in that dream were nothing like any emotions I’ve ever felt, in a dream or IRL.

Is that what you mean?

Can’t say that i have fallen in LOVE with anyone in a dream before. I became very fond of Kate Hudson as Penny Lane (go see Almost Famous) in a dream once. She took me on a 2 hour amazing adventure, it was among the best dreams i’ve ever had. She was a real cutie too. And so foxy, dressed in tight clothes and roller skates… so cute!!! I even got to hug her near the end!
I’ve never had a “thing” for Kate before this dream. Now whenever i watch a film with her in it, which is not often, i just think about the time she and i roller skated through the streets, forests and Sea World. it was fun!
I didn’t like the part when i had to go back to my house and dive into an empty aquarium… ??? what?
I find that the best part about normal dreams is that they have the potential to be so haphazard and even chaotic.

I’ve never gotten much of dreams where I had a moment with my dream guy. Once I had one and then the phone rang and woke me up and I had to get up and answer it :grrr: ! It was morning and I was sleeping in

I’ve fallen in love with a DC or two (or three or four…), but one in particular (her name’s Alexas) always managed to pop up in my dreams somewhere. Sadly, she hasn’t shown up since she was killed in a random drive-by (in my dream–not for real).

I’ve had a few dreams where I’ve been in love, I havn’t experienced a really powerful feeling, I’m just really exited when I wake up cos I’m a nerd IRL and I go, yes I have a girlfriend we’re in love, life is great. Then reality sets in that I’m a loser and I feel really ripped off. Grrrrr. Still they’re great dreams while they last.

:content: Funny how our dreams have so much fun taunting us…just when you’re content and in blissful mental paradise with your heart’s desire(s), you’re subconscious says, “Okay, that’s enough”–SNAP!–And you wake up, disconcerted and depressed–possibly for the entire day, while your subconscious is playing the violin and laughing maniacally at you :eh:

I see many of you talking about loving a DC and then waking up and feeling sad that the love wasn’t real, and was “only a dream”. Just because the love was in a reality that you view as “made-up”, or “a figment of the mind”, dosen’t mean that love is not real. Love is real no matter what plane of reality you are on.

I have had some wonderful dreams and LDs that I wake up from saying “Hey, I want to go back to sleep and never awake!” But I consider all my dreams and all of my experiences to be “real”, a part of reality. Just not a part of the physical world, which can feel really unfortunate sometimes.

i can’t really remember that really blissful kind of love ever happening in any of my dreams(and given my crappy mental state, i tend to remember everything thats gonna make me feel good about life), but i did once have one that was pretty close. i was in a gym of all places, lying on one of those big mats that people land on after pole-vaulting and stuff like that. i was lying on my side, and right in front of me was a really pretty girl. i seem to believe that other people were there, but they just didnt matter. i was busy being wrapped around her, and being nice and warm. no talking, no moving, no looking her in the eyes(she had her back turned to me), just a nice warm feeling, like when you are out in the sun when the weather is just perfect. that was all i needed. i was at peace, and content to stay there forever. needless to say, i was not very pleased when i woke up and found it was a dream.

Ahhh…I once had a dream love. She had short green hair and looked sort of like a mouse. Man, that was a good, foofin’ dream. Dream love really is very powerful. Every LD I actively search her out. So far, my search goes on.

(Wow, how sad does that sound?)

Isn’t the whole “wanting to go back to sleep and never wake up” thing the danger of LD love? I mean, I don’t know how many of you have read Pendragon 4, but this sounds like that. Only not quite so extreme…

Danger ,like in everything, depends on what you make it.
Same happens on perfect holidays- you dont want to go back to work/school and you wish you stayed there longer/forever.
Secondly- i would stay in a dream without hesitation instead going back to reality which i dot really like.But i cant.Rather annoying than dangerous situation.