dream problem

I had my first LD a few nights ago (see here for more details https://community.ld4all.com/t/my-first-ld-what-happened/15041) and since then, i havent been able to remember any dreams. I have a dream diary, but whenever i wake up to write something down, i cant think of anything. Someone told me that i was trying too hard to have another LD and is resulting in bad things.
I was wondering if this is the case or if there is any other reason i cant remember my dreams. Also if so what should i do? :confused:
Hoping for help,
Mitch

lol firstly breeth! :wink: (god i can spell)

dont worry about it too much, that is one thing that will actually make it harder to do, both lucid dreaming and remembering your dreams. Just relax. I will give youa few ideas that i have read and done my self over the years :smile: most of the info i am giving u tho comes from this forum and form sealife, 2 best on the net cuz the people actually know what they are on about.

1.Dont move around to much, when you wake up, just lay still and ask, what did i dream?

dont try and think, was it lucid did i do it did i do it? lol although i have done this 2, it actually makes it extremly hard to remember anything. The key is to keep calm, n remember that everydream, even your non lucids are worth remembering. thats your first step mind set and stillness :smile:

1. “Dream fishing”, i dont know if you have heard of this before, its from sealife we did a few projects on it, and i found it works very well for me, now bear with me it has been a long time sinse i have done this and i dont remember the detials very well so if anyone can help out :razz: jjust lye there and ask your sef “did i dream this? " " could i have dreamed that” go with the “flow” andsee what feels right. Sit there book on lap pen in hand and just sorta… fish for your dreams, throw out the questions and see if you get any sparks, try and remember what you wanted to dream about and see if that brings anything back.

2. Do not stress, its a killer!

3. change the time u wake up by about 20 minutes, u might be missing your rem cycle now

4. go back to sleep and wake up and remember new ones :wink:

atm i am really tired…again so i cant help out much more then that, only remembering a snippet of mine from last night lol. But most of all have fun!

it will come back, remember that you may just be forgetting them as a self defence for a best, till you are…ready for another ld, or ready to remember them again. i know crazy but it does happen. Just smile about it knowing they will come back

/here is a little bit of good new for you. I didnt have a ld for 2 weeks then bam i had 1. i was really happy it was a good one, then for a week i couldnt remember a dream at ALL. no matter what. but when i did start remembering them the next week, i have 12 lucids, remembering all of them in clear detial… well not anymore that was a while ago but u get the drift :smile:

Good luck enjoy it :happy: smile :happy::smiley:

Thanks heaps and heaps for the advice TimeLess_Soul. I am going to do everything you told me AND keep it slow…
If you want, ill post back on any more details.
And ill always be smiling :smile: :content: :happy: :cool_laugh: :wink: :tongue: :cool: :grin:
Thanks heaps again,
Mitch

no problem!

always intersted post back looking 4ward to it!

I still cant remember my dreams properly, but two nights ago i wasnt thinking about LD’s as much as i normally do and i had one!!! :grin:
But there is still two problems:

1. That is still the only dream i have remembered since my first LD (and also with doing the teqniques you gave me)
  2. Siiw suggested in my first thread that i write up a “what to do in my LD’s list”, i did this by starting small and working my way up. My first thing was to feel the dirt against my feet, which i tried doing, but i couldnt do. The second was turn dirt into sand, which i was going to do, but then one of my dream friends told me he was hungry, so i turned it into a turkey for him :content: . My third thing was to smell the air, which i attempted, and failed. I eventried asking my dream friends to “stink up the place” (for better use of words) to try and smell anything, but nothing happened.
    The good thing though was that i was alot more aware that i was dreaming, and had alot more control over my actions, but still none over the environment or other people.
    Im dont have any clue why my senses werent working. So i need some :help: as to what happpened and what to do.
    Mitch

well firstly congrats! i love the bit about the turkey!

mmm still cant remember dream s huh, ok try and set your alarm for 20 minutes earlier and see what happens then :d

ok smell for me anyway, is very hard to rememebr at all, infact i cant remmerb the last time that i do remember a smell really really clearly froma dream, no wait i remember good smells verywell :wink:

its good that u r heaps more aware, thats really great, as for more control over the enviroment and other ppl, that does take practice, but hey you changed dirt intoa turkey lol thats agood start! lol i know what i am doing tonight!

i think your senses where working just hard to remmeber, but try using voice commands like… " i want it to smell like roses,… or pizza"! or somthing like that or ppl say “increse lucidity now” and that seems to help too or " i really want to feel this ground ! feel brain feel!" try somthing that you like the sound of and c wher that takes ya!

congrats!

Don’t worry Mitchboy78, there are only your first LD’s. I find you manage very well with them. Congrats! :good:

Good news!!! :grin: i have finally started remembering my dreams again. For the past two nights i have been having long and vivid dreams, and remembering them!!! :smile: :happy:
I figured out what the problem was, becuase whenever i got up and straight away went to write down the dream in my DJ, i couldnt remember anything about it, but when i woke up, lied there for a minute or so and thought about the dream i had, i could remember it really well, and sometimes i would also remember other dreams that i had forgotten during the night.