My first LD.... what happened?

I had my first LD last night on my sixth night after hearing about them. I tried a WILD technique where you move your fingers under your pillow and focus all your energy there till you fall asleep.
I was dreaming something crazy, then i looked at my hands (for a RC) and they were pretty messed up. I then said to myself “Hey i must be dreaming!” Then all of a sudden i had this powerful feeling of power, relief and control. I was aware that i was dreaming, yet i had no control over anything except what i was doing. Also i wanted to do several things in my LD, but i didnt even think about doing anything.
I found myself following the crazy story of my dream, but i was still concious that it was a dream, and i could do some cool things.
I want to know why i couldnt think of anything from reallity and do it in my LD, because that is what annoyed me the most after i had woken up.
PLZ POST!!

Welcome, and congratulations on your LD! :cool:

It is often useful to set goals for what you want to do in a LD before you go to sleep. It is so easy to be overwhelmed by the freedom and forget all about what we wanted to do. It can be very helpful to calm down in the moment we realise it is a dream, to be more aware of the surroundings and not become too excited.

Sweet dreams and good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I’ll try to take in the surroundings more .

Hi mitchboy78, welcome to the forum!

Not only excitement influences your abilities to “think of anything from reallity and do it in my LD”, also the level of lucidity is a huge factor. That is why Siiw is right in saying that you need to set certain goals for your next LD, otherwise it is very hard to remember. Levels of lucidity can range from low to very high, at which point you can remember as much of your WL and your intentions as would be possible in a LD. The more experience you get with LD’s and making them more highly lucid (you can do this by forcing to make yourself remember stuff that you did yesterday and have planned for tomorrow, and/or by demanding to yourself (shouting) “Increase Lucidity!”), the easier it will be to have high level LD’s. Good luck with it! :smile:

yelling ofcourse i forgot about that! that is a really good way to do things.

One of the best things you can do when you first start out is to take it slow, i know how u feel, wanting to do everyhting all at once in your first lucid dream! i know i did. But i found and maybe you will find the same thing 2, that if you do some really small simple things to start off with you will be able to remember the complex things that you wanted to try a lot eaiser as well! for example before u sleep, just set an intention that in your next ld you will touch the ground and feel how it feels. nice and simple. next time try and touch the ground hold the dirt in your hand and change it into sand. little things like that and keep working your way up and soon you will be doing exactaly what you wanted to do with no hassel at all.

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks tonnes for the advise guys. I have now started writing up a “what i want to do in my LDs” list starting from the big to the small :happy:
I’ll post on any progress…

gr8 !!! make sure u do pot b looking 4ward to reading all about it :happy:

Bad news!!
i have been reading over what i want to do and trying different teqniques for LDing, but so far, after the night of my first LD, i have had no more dreams…
(for more details see https://community.ld4all.com/t/dream-problem/15071)
i dont no what to do now… :confused: please help,
Mitch

ok i posted to it,i dont know if it iwll help, but i hope so, just pul lback a little bit, not a lot but just a little bit :smile:

I write expecatations / inducements in my dream diary just before I go to bed and keep thinking about them when falling asleep. That works good for me when I want to do special things in my dreams.