Ever been shot in a dream? part II

Hm, is there a topic ‘ever been stabbed by a gang of degraded chavs’?
In my dream, at first I didn’t realize what has just happened and then my whole life just flashed in a second, just like they say…

And errm, shooting… I seem to be bulletproof in my dreams, or either my dream characters don’t know how to use a gun well. Either way I’ve never been shot.

they can’t seem to hit me. But i also can’t hit others :razz: Maybe it’s because i don’t believe in voilence :wink:

I am surpirsed that I never noticed this topic before…

Actually shot with bullet and gun? No, can’t say that’s happened.

Nearest experience would be one time I was being trained by a very very old looking man on how to avoid projectiles. He was using pine needles from trees and throwing them very quickly. I was dodging them as best I could but some of them hit me. The feeling of getting hit by mulitple little needle points at once was annoying.

Like pain in most of my dreams it was a numb, abstract, feeling that didn’t really hurt that much. It was still a noticeable distraction to the dream world so it was eventually nice to learn how to avoid projectiles like that.

I have been shot in a dream too. It was an awkward feeling of being injected with a pretty sized object but it was not really painful, horrible, scary or any such thing… the experience itself was quite interesting at the time, although it did feel unpleasant. And it sort of initiated confusion. It was like I lost most control, but not all. At the end you do not want to feel such ache. It is disturbing, and drags you down. :razz:

i got gflame throwered in my dream. sure ive been shot but it wasnt as painful as being burned. my skin was burning then got black and tight. started cracking (which hurt alot) i fell on the ground and i just started crackling

moved into existing topic … there is also Dying in dreams - Part II for other forms of dying. :moogle:

This is an old dream, about 2002-2003
The setting is the end of a cul-de-sac in a small two story house. It starts in black and white and most of it is still in black and white. I convince some friends of mine to go with me to an abandoned house where there is a china hutch that has been left behind that I want. We enter the house through the garage door. When the door rolls up there is a man tied up on the floor who we release and then we enter the house. We walk down the front hallway, the house is set up so you can walk straight down a hallway from the front door to the back door. The back door is a set of french doors which lead to a small well manicured back yard with a pathway of large stepping stones. I step in to the yard and walk towards a tree. When I get to it I realize it is covered with thousands of Monarch butterflies, the whole trunk is orange, black, and red and the bark is not visible through the butterflies with green leaves above, and I feel delight in that. I then return to the house and go upstairs while my friends are downstairs. I go into the master bedroom and straight through the doorway is a jewelry armoire I look inside and it is filled with jewelry so I figure with the house being abandoned and all I fill my pockets with it. Proceeding farther into the room there is a beat up mattress on the floor and I turn and walk into the bathroom where the whole family that used to live in the house is floating in the garden tub taking up most of the bathroom and they have been drowned the water is red. I turn and run to the stairs drawing my metallic bubble gum pink Baretta .25. As I am running down the stairs a cat darts in front of me on the third stair from the bottom and trips me. I sprawl face down on the floor and the gun falls from my hand and slides across the floor where someone puts a foot on it to stop it. I can’t see the person, all I can see is a pair of black shoes, but it is the man we released from the garage. He bends to retrieve my pistol and puts it against the back of my head and pulls the trigger. Everything goes black and I feel myself dieing.

woah… let me ask you something did u feel any pain when the bullet when through you? even if it was just an uncomfortale tickinly sensation. Because ive had many dreams that people stab me or shoot me and its always on my back… and it always hurts for some reason. :wink:

Yes. It was more just a feeling of something fast then I felt like I was evaporating from my own body. I have never had a death dream before this or since though.
I have the standard get into a fight and I can’t throw a punch. Once in a long while I have a fight dream where I can make impact (those are so gratifying!!). I have never been in a fight in my life though.

Sorry, new here, should have dug deeper. Thanks for moving it to the right place!

I once had a dream where I was held hostage along with my family and friends, and the people put me in a huge maze to see if we could escape alive. So I ran through the maze, but eventually they got to me. I got on my knees with my hands up, and they pointed the gun to my head. I was kind of frightened, but in the back of my mind I guessed that I was in a dream. So I closed my eyes, and I heard a loud bang, but felt no pain in my head. So I then had to start the maze over again. I eventually got caught again, and shot. By now I know it is a dream, but at the time I didn’t know what an LD was. So the cycle repeated itself over and over again, until finally I was sick of getting shot, and I somehow intentionally woke myself up. But through out the dream I felt no pain. It was an odd experience…

I’ve been shot quite alot in dreams and it seems like everytime I remember them. One time I was shot in the arm by a pistol trying to save my mother and sisters, then I fell trying to act like I was dead or something and remember the guy pushing me over on my back and then pulled out a shotgun and shot me in the stomach and felt it throughout my body, it really hurt and it started to feel cold where i was shot. Then when I realized i was dreaming the dream faded away and I woke up. Another time was I think i was dreaming about being in the army and what not and i remember hiding behind something and laying down. Then an enemy came running really fast and then shot me about 6-10 times. again the wounds felt like they were cold and i kept telling myself this couldnt be happening and that it has to be a dream. then i woke up. both dreams i believe i could have made into a lucid dream once i realized i was dreaming but I was too excited/frightened that i woke myself up completely.

I’ve been shot in my dream before, but everything after was pretty quick. I remember being shot at, running, I could see one bullet catching up to me and then I woke up.

I’ve been shot in a dream twice now, both times inside a bank. First time I was in the USA, I think and was shot by a Chinese bank robber. I remember being terrified and begging for my life but the *** shot me anyway. I fell down and really felt like dying, I even saw the blood running out of my chest, dripping on the ground. Never died so vividly in a dream before. Then I woke up catching for breath.
The second time went better. I was shot by Mafiosi in a bank in Malta or Italy, this time ( I think it was last month or two months ago) I didn’t feel anything and realized I wasn’t really shot and became lucid :happy:
So hopefully next time someone points a gun at me I will know I’m dreaming before someone accually sgoots me…(and hopefully I WILL be dreaming :tongue: )

I used to never have dreams about being shot, but I have had two in the past couple weeks. But I think I know why I have them. I usually always sleep on my side, but recently I have been trying to WILD, but when I fail I end up falling asleep on my back.

The two dreams I had about being shot were very different, but they both ended with someone aiming a sniper rifle at me. In both situations I started to panic and I had trouble breathing. I sort of felt like I was choking. Then I slowly wake up, and both times when I woke up I found that I had been sleeping on my back and my mouth was dry. My head had fallen back a bit so that it was angled down. This made me choke on my tongue a bit, and maybe caused the shooting dreams? Maybe my body senses that I am in danger of dying IRL, and therefore quickly puts me in a position to die in the dream? Just an idea.

I’m usually somewhat invulnerable in my dreams. I’ve been shot some times and felt a bit of pain but never died because of guns. Falling down can do the trick though. I did some in-dream suicides that way ( in lucid dreams, of course). Most of the times i simply woke up into reality or another dream while i was still in the mid-air.
I achieved death state in a dream only once, maybe a mounth ago, when i tried to focus on situation and feel it. At first there was some pain, but then the feelings slowly began to fade and thoght processes became slower and harder to perform. In the end there was a second when the only thing i could feel was “Do I still exist?” thought. Then calmness came. I guess that fits my idea of death pretty well.

I’ve never been shot in a dream…
I’ve never been injured in a dream. I’m basically indestructible. I was once being chased by terrorists. I hid in the middle of nowhere, and the guy didn’t find me. :smile:

…Although I really want a nightmare. Maybe I should start watching horror movies. :tongue:

No, but I know who did. Scott Stapp, vocalist for Creed. It even inspired him to write one of their most famous songs about the power of lucid dreaming, Higher. Here’s the story:

“Vocalist Scott Stapp actually wrote the song about the power of lucid dreaming.
The song was written after Stapp used the technique to stop a recurring nightmare he had been experiencing in which he was pursued and killed by a gunman. In the dream, he would turn left at the end of a highway and hide under a bridge, only to be found by his assailant and shot. When he had studied lucid dreaming and tried the technique, he was able to turn right and escape the gunman. Stapp stated that after he wrote the lyrics, he never had the dream again.”

This is what inspired me to give lucid dreaming another try. That’s a pretty epic/amazing story when you think about it. “Can you take me Higher?”
This is also why that song is my signature.

Well…

I don’t recall getting shot. I’ve been shot at, I’ve shot others, but most violence in my dreams is close-combat. One time I got bludgeoned in the head…

Seriously, getting shot at is good enough for me… Though it would be interesting…

I got shot once in a dream, and died. I had a shotgun in an LD, gave it to someone, and told them to blow my head off, just to see what would happen.

I did not know that about Creed. Interesting. :smile:
Never been shot, though I did cut my hand off at the wrist once in a dream. I had recently been wondering what it would feel like, so I guess I dreamed it happening. There was a very dull pain as the knife when through, then when I neared the end numbness spread from the far side of my hand across to where I was cutting before I got all the way through. I think I even had phantom pains after, wierd feeling.