Fading

I wasn’t sure whether or not to put this in First Steps, or The Quest For Lucidity, so feel free to move this thread as needed.

A Huge Wall of Text critical hits you for 10,000,000,000 damage.

It all started sometime between December to Febuary. I had recently seen a short film on Google Video about a guy who hated his life, and eventually was able to get on wellfare, and drug himself up so much, that the only time that he was awake was to eat and clean himself. For the rest of his life he lived in a dream world (if you know the name of this movie, spew it out :smile: I can’t remember for the life of me). Anyways, in this film, he was flying and stuff; controlling his dream. That, in turn, led me to lucid dreaming.

Now, on to the subject at hand. The night after I read about LDing and RCs and such, I said to myself, “Okay, starting tomorrow, I’m going to use the clock RC.” During my dream that night, I was sitting at a table with my friends eating, and I looked up at the clock to preform a RC. I then realized I was in a dream. My heart started to race, and I began to get all excited. All of a sudden my head began to feel heavy, like I was having a head rush. The world started to black out, and my head hit the table. That was the end of that experience.

I took a break from LDing without having much luck (combined with stress and lack of motivation), but then I came back about a month or so ago. I’ve been trying a method of auto-suggestion, or at least that’s what I think it is. I can now, whenever I start to hiccup, tell myself, “I am not going to hiccup anymore,” and I stop. Easy as that. So I decided to use that approach with LDing. For several weeks I believe I’ve been trying too hard, or wanting it too much. Last night though, I had partial success.

I simply told myself, “Tonight. I’m just going to. I’m just going to,” and then I went to sleep. I dreamt that I was walking through a furniture store, and on a bed, there was a White Tiger (similar to the Night Elf mount in World of Warcraft) laying on the bed. For some reason, I asked myself “How can I change that into something?” and then I looked at the ceiling, and I realized. “I’m dreaming.” As soon as I said it, the same things started to happen all over again. All of the lights went off in the store, and all of the people started to have blue lights flashed on thier face (like if you were to hold a flashlight underneath your chin). The people started to moan like zombies. I put my hands (which were blue too, now that I think about it) in front of my face, and began to rub them together to no avail. I started to spin around, but everything just started to dwindle away. It started to get darker and darker, until it was completely faded.

I seem to never have control in my dreams. Even in NDs, when I’m driving, I can’t control the car. It’s impossible. It’s like I don’t even know what I’m doing.

Every single time I get close to a LD, I lose it. Everything fades.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance.

well i havent gotten this close to LD’ing yet but from reading you sound like you are prelucid if you can calm down enough you should be able to keep in your dream , try rubbing your hands or spinning around when you find out you are dreaming

That’s what I did last night. I rubbed my hands and spun around, and yet I still faded. :bored:

No, he’s definately lucid.
Considering that autosuggestion seems to work so well with you, try saying things like ‘I’m going to keep dreaming’ and ‘I’m going to remain lucid’.

Thanks a bunch. I’m definitly going to try that the next time I become lucid (tonight…because I will…I just am going to [autosuggestion at work lol :wink: ] ). (And by the way I must say I love your name. :content: )

Does anyone else have any suggestions on my predicament?

I’ll update tomorrow on how it works tonight.

You seem to be pretty good with auto-suggestion. Maybe you could back me up on my claims here:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/willing-yourself-to-do-it/22117

I’ve trained myself to be an expert in the art of auto-suggestion, but there are a LOT of skeptics on the above thread. Your testimonial that auto-suggestion DOES work, would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

As far as tips to let you stay in the dream longer, any of the following will work as stand alone methods of increasing your lucid dream longevity:

1. Say to yourself ‘Relax Now’ in a calm voice.

2. Grab onto something solid in the dream environement and just focus on all of it’s detail.

3. Do what I do and suggest to yourself the dream will last <# between 1 and 60> minutes.

Wow! Darxide saying I’m pretty good with auto-suggestion! I’m flattered! lol

No problem, mate. Just waiting until I get tired. That’s the problem about summer…you stay up all night and wake up at 12:00, so it really screws up your sleeping schedule. It’s 2:41 right now and I’m not the slightest bit tired. :smile:

EDIT: Well, about 4AM now, I guess I’m off to hit the sack. Trying to calm my nerves before I go off into neverland. I don’t wanna get too excited this time.

EDIT 2: Aww…I was sick last night. My stomach felt like it was going to explode. Waking up in the middle of the night is good for WBTB, but not when you’re constantly pulled back into reality by the sharp pain in your abdominal region. Lol. I’ll do it tonight.