Favorite Quote(s) ?

Hey pplz ! Since this is the place to talk about ‘anything’ …why don’t some of u guys tell me your favorite sayings Or quotes ?(they don’t necessarily have to be ‘lucid’ related).
Here are some of my favorite quotes :

“The worst way to miss someone is to be standing right beside them, knowing you can’t have them”

“Don’t wait until tomorrow to tell someone you love them, because you never know if you will have the chance to”

“You cant have every woman on this planet…but its worth to try!”:slight_smile:
My college teacher:)

“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.” - Cynthia Heimel

“The chess-board is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of Nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us.” - Thomas Huxley

“War does not determine who is right - only who is left” - Bertrand Russell

“I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.” - Chuang-Tzu

“If all the nuclei of all the atoms that make up the whole of mankind were packed together, their global aggregate would be about the size of a large grain of rice.”

“We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.” - Goethe

“Our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness” - Vladimir Nabokov

“To loose isn´t the same as being wrong” - Fidel Castro

“An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind” Ghandi (?)

“I know that I know nothing” - Some greek philospher? - Don´t know

“How many fingers do I hold up?” - Orwell,1984

“We are all mad here” from Alice in Wonderland

And a german one:
“Es tut mir leid, tier, sie mögen dich so sehr, sie wollen alles von dir, und am liebsten noch mehr, deine haut is ihre kleidung, dein fleisch ist ihr essen, dein wille vergessen” - Thomas D

( =I am sorry, animal, they like you so much, they want everything from you, and even more, your skin are their clothes, your flesh is their food, you mind is forgotten)

I know that there are a lot more cool quotes, but I don´t remember now

Traumgänger

[quote="traumgänger

“Es tut mir leid, tier, sie mögen dich so sehr, sie wollen alles von dir, und am liebsten noch mehr, deine haut is ihre kleidung, dein fleisch ist ihr essen, dein wille vergessen” - Thomas D

Traumgänger[/quote]

What does this mean? I’m not doing to good in german class lol :grin:

‘There is no wakefulness, there is no sleep, There is only being.’ -RMonroe

mystic, why does Chuang-Tzu’s quote sound hauntingly familiar to me? I know a book mentioned it but I don’t know which one it was…

This is the famous butterfly-paradox from Chuang-Tzu, a taoist master who lived during the 4th century BC.
The whole anecdote goes like this: “Once upon a time, I, Chuang-Tzu, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of following my fancies as a butterfly, and was unconscious of my individuality as a man. Suddenly, I awoke, and there I lay, myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am now a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things.”
The essence is that it demonstrates the vague distinction between the real world and the dream world. It’s describing the world of maya, a hinduistic term meaning this world is an illusion. This doesn’t mean the world is unreal, but rather that it’s impossible to distinct the real world from the dream world. We simply can’t see what’s real or what is not.
I found this for the first time in Malcolm Godwin - The Lucid Dreamer.
I hope this answers your question Pilot :smile:

When your Down and out everybody wants to screw you…

welll its true sometimes…

“I yam what I yam.”

-Popeye

Socrates i believe…

Wisdom begins with wonder- Socrates

The power of a clear mind is beyond description. But it can be attained by anyone who can appreciate and utilize the value of Nothing- The Tao of Pooh (very good book, i highly recomend it!)

You don’t need to be smart to be president- George W Bush

You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test- George W Bush

If this were a dictatorship, it’d be a heck of a lot easier…just as long as I’m the dictator…- again George W Bush

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully- lol AGAIN Mr. Bush

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream- yet another Dubya

“I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it’s true lightness.”

• Alicia Silverstone

“I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada.”

• Britney Spears

“China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese.”

• Charles De Gaulle

“Although, while I may have control over my actions and effort, I do not have control over the results of those actions.”
-Jet Li

“Happiness is the barometer to define success. If you are enjoying the moment, then that is success.”
-Jet Li

“I woke up one morning and all of my stuff had been stolen… and replaced by exact duplicates…”
-Steven Wright

“Pull the pin and count to what?”
-Unknown

“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”
-Unknown

“Practice makes perfect, but nobody’s perfect, so why practice?”
-Unknown

"Theres got to be just more to make then this, or tell me why do we exsist…"Iron Maiden-Infinite Dreams

“This song is about freedom…which should be something familair to you all,…but which sometimes is not”-Bruce Dickenson

“Time will tell…sooner or later…time will tell”-Red Alert

HAVE A NICE DAY! :smile:

===Something funny===

Garfield: “I wish i was asleep”
Jon: “you are asleep”
Garfield: “Oh…well that would explain that” (you see garfield standing next to himself sleeping)…OBE

“Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.”
Sharon Stone

“My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.”
Jack Nicholson

“Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are driving taxi cabs and cutting hair.”
George Burns

“Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that’s not true. I have the heart of a young boy – in a jar on my desk.”
Stephen King

lol:

L4tEr,
J05h

Well here are some of my favourites:

“A person is smart people are stupid” - Agent K (Men In Black)

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila”
-Mitch Ratliffe

“You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun” - Al Capone

“Money can’t buy friends, but it can get you a better class of enemy” -
Spike Milligan

:grin:

@psykotic

The english translation is right under it in the (= )

Here comes:

“You create your own reality - through your thoughts, expectations, desires, and beliefs.” - Seth

“Evil is simply ignorance.” - Seth

“Fear is only looking in the mirror and making faces at oneself.” - Emmanuel

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

• Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Many have not been told that birth into a physical world is a death in the spiritual worlds from which they came. Hence most are never aware that death in the physical world is merely a birth into other dimensions of life.” - Jesse Holmes

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln

And some from Albert:

“It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.” - Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

“You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.” -Albert Einstein

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle, and the other is as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

hey guys !

I just wanted to thank all of u guys that are actually putting stuff up in this topic! All of your quotes are really good :wink: ! I’m glad u guys are participating ! …Keep 'em coming !!!

“If it weren’t for electricity we’d all be watching television by candlelight.”

• George Gobel

“If only faces could talk…”

• Pat Summerall

“If the shortest distance between two points is a line, why does waiting in a line take so long?”

• Unknown

“Practice safe eating — always use condiments.”

• Unknown

“What happens to the holes when all the cheese has been eaten?”

• Unknown

“I’m on a seafood diet. When I see food, I eat it.”

• Unknown

“The devil came to me last night and asked what I wanted in exchange for my soul. I still can’t believe I said pizza. Friggin’ cravings.”

• Marc Ostroff

“Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings.”

• Unknown

I’ve got a few…

“You cannot run, from your own bunghole.”
-Beavis, “Beavis and Butthead do America”
(I know that’s not really the most intellectual quote in all the world, but I think it applies to most of our lives :smile: )

“Whatever happens, happens”
-Spike, “Cowboy Bebop”

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.”
-Douglas Adams

“It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.”
-Sir Winston Churchill(I love this one :smile: )

And of course, my personal favorite, the great Yogi Berra…

“Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.”
-Yogi Berra

“You can observe a lot just by watching.”
-Yogi Berra

“No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.”
-Yogi Berra

O.K., I think I’m done now. Keep the quotes comin’ guys!