First Steps to WILD part III (Basic WILD Q&A)

I’m not sure but feeling like you are shaking is often associated with entering a dream. What makes me unsure is that I thought you were usually in SP at this point, so moving should not be possible. Do you see any images or hallucinate any sounds while this is happening?

I tried last night, and then my fett feeled numb and i could hear a sound like '‘Shhh’ or something like that. I could not hear the sound for a long time. It felt like I was shaking last night, but it shaked a different way too. I did not try to move when shaking last night because i thought it maybe would stop.

Does anyone know if i was close to become lucid in a dream?

Sorry if I’m disrupting the discussion, but I’m not sure about a few things and a just have a few questions:

Firstly, I usually take at least 5 mins to fall asleep. Is this good or bad for WILD’ing?

Do you have to keep your mind clear or do you have to keep it busy (So you don’t just fall asleep)?

I think I might be afraid of some of the whispers and other noises, can I get used to them, or will it seriously hamper my progress.

Can WILD be successfully done without WBTB? If not does it still help you practice?

I know it can take a while to get into REM sleep, will I be ‘awake’ all of this time?

Lastly, if you are able to do WILD perfectly, is it a guaranteed LD?

Thanks a lot everybody and sorry again for disrupting :wink:

From what you describe there, it sounds like you were on the verge of entering a dream. The whooshing sounds are a common thing coupled with the feeling of vibrating that indicate this.

It could have advantages or disadvantages. You are probably more likely to have trouble staying aware than you are getting to sleep. :wink:

Not sure on that one, I have found keeping my mind clear useful for relaxing, but WILD seems to be about getting the right balance between quiet and activity so you stay aware but fall asleep.

If you are afraid it might be a hurdle. You may find your heart-rate or reflexive reaction to the sounds etc will pull you out of that state the first few times you get it. I wasn’t afraid but got excited instead and that pulled my out. I don’t think it will affect you too badly, just keep in mind what is really happening and you should be fine. :smile:

You can still WILD without WBTB, but it is considered much harder. If you can’t WBTB you might want to try WILDing in afternoon naps since that is considered the next best thing to WBTB.

I’m not sure on this one. The length of time it takes to get to REM can vary depending on how tired you are. I’m not sure if you will have an active sense of time or not.

If you manage to perfect the WILD technique then yes it will. However WILD is a difficult technique to perfect. I try WILD but there is no harm in trying other techniques too.

Thanks for the reply, that cleared up a few things for me :smile:

Thanks for the answears.
I will try again tonight, and maybe i will eat some food first.

gahh I feel like I’m sooooo close!!

I don’t know why, but ever since I learned about LDing, I had this gut feeling that WILD is the technique for me. I’ve successfully had SP and HI using this method but I can’t seem to get any farther than that…the most frustrating part is when I have the dream fragments, my mind wanders and I see images (this happens almost every night) then I get focused again and think “Oh, this is a dream fragment” then pop! it just disappears. And I’m laying there like :confused:. The feeling I have while WILDing is hard to describe, but it’s a very intense feeling of “This is working, I’m gonna LD tonight!” and I try to make that huge feeling into reality but it doesn’t always work out so well :wink:

Also, I read in an earlier post on this thread that WILD can only be successful after one wakes up, but I always experience HI and such at the beginning of the night. Does that mean no matter what HI or SP I experience, the LD won’t come? :eh:

And also, is it better to be tired before doing WILD or semi-awake…I find that if I’m tired I end up falling into a normal sleep before any HI comes… :help:

It is still possible to WILD in the evening but it is usually much harder to do than if you use WBTB or afternoon naps. As far as being tired, it will help since when you are tired you take less time to enter REM. :smile: You might like to try FILD if you fall asleep quickly, basically to stay aware you move your fingers. I don’t know if it will work for you, but I don’t use it because I tend to have trouble getting to sleep more than I do staying aware :wink:

yeah it all depends on the night for me, sometimes its hard to fall asleep and sometimes I fall asleep like BAM! =D thanks for the advice!

I believe the key to WILDing with breath counting is not to breath yourself consiously, but to let your body breath by its own and being aware of it. That can be tricky, or can be not, but that, I believe, is the example of the balance you must have beetween relaxation and awareness. I discovered it this afternoon, so I am going to test it now.

Im new here but,I would really like to become lucid :cry: I think that the WILD technique would really work for me. Here is some info about my sleep cycle…

I wake up everynight around 2:00 to 3:00
I fall asleep fairly fast every night
I am really good at remembering my dreams

So if you have any info it would really :help: Thanx!

Hi Hmesk06 :welcome: to LD4all :happy:
If you wake up at 2:00-3:00am naturally, it is a good idea to try and use WBTB with WILD, since it will improve your chances of success :smile: You might also want to take a look at the How to Choose Your Technique topic, as that contains a good guide to help you guide you to chose your technique. :content:

Okay Thanks! Here read this please:https://community.ld4all.com/t/i-think-that-i-was-really-close-or-was-i/27857

i always set my alarm for around 4.5 hours after i fall asleep to do the other methods, but i wanna start trying to do WILD too.

the problem is, someone said you have to visualize something to keep you on track after the SP starts, but i can’t visualize stuff.

i’ve never been able to close my eyes and picture a sunset on the beach or anything like the stuff people always say to do. when i close my eyes all i see is black.

is the visualizing an important part?
also, does anyone else have that problem?

Visualizing is one of the methods you can use to keep yourself aware. You can also try various other things in place of visualizing, such as, mantras or counting. There are also techniques that are essentially WILD based techniques such as FILD. Using WILD with WBTB is a good idea since it will improve the chance that it will work. :smile:

Last night at around 1 am, I couldn’t sleep.

So I ran half a mile. Jumped into my bed and I noticed the process of falling into SP was so much faster. I also started to have extremely vivid visions and sounds.
I couldn’t hit a LD though, it was either my sleeping position or I was concentrating too hard. Because I was just laying there for about 1 1/2 hours. But I will say this.

Running definitely helped!

Its a long time since i posted anything here.
I have really tried WILD but havent gotten anywhere…
I keep falling asleep…

If you keep falling asleep there are a couple of things I can think of. You could try WILDing when you aren’t as tired. You could also try a different technique, to me it seems that some people aren’t as comfortable with some techniques used to stay aware. I don’t know if you are using it already but WBTB is supposed to be a big help too, or you could try afternoon naps.

So when I see HI am i supposed to be seeing them inside my eyes or in my mind. :confused:

I’ve seen this same question pop up in the past and I think what they said was that you see it in your mind. I’m not totally sure on this.