Foil Induced Lucidity Method (was an April Fools)

Has this worked for anyone else? I’m thinking of trying it tonight.

Sure they had foil.

Mind you, they didn’t use it for wrapping lunch.
It was more of an art supply. (Usually gold-leaf?)

they didn’t have aluminum foil. aluminum was really rare up until a little while ago.

I never said they used foil. I only said they used something that made their feet discomfortable while the slept. Foil works.

Good news - I had 2 WILDs last night and 4 DILDs!

Make sure it’s shiny-side in.

I’d still be interested to know exactly how they did that, if you know? Perhaps they used a more easy technique then using foil (which is of course actually easy too but a bit uncomfortable as I tried it once last week, but had to put it off since it made so much noise and was just generally uncomfortable a bit…)

I think it’s supposed to be…

:tongue:

Well, they tied a “thong” around their legs while they slept.

What kind of perverts were those monks :cool_laugh: , just kidding, just kidding. being immature again…

Heheh, a monk is the last person I’d expect be wearing that kind of thong.

Around both legs at once, so they couldnt move them seperately? Sounds like an idea perhaps…

Yeah, well you could try it.

I’ve tried this, and it does seem to help. Actually, I think that any position or object which feels unusual would help, because you will still “feel” it in the dream. But if it’s too uncomfortable, you will have trouble falling asleep.

:eek: What, so tin foil is not the only thing that works!? Is there something easier I could use? It’s gotta be as effective if not more, just a itty bit more comfortable?

And I don’t know where I am gonna find something to tie with… so maybe could you suggest something that the average house hold contains?

My guess is that it’s the sheer act of sleeping in a position which is unusual to you which helps with lucid.

As far as stuff to tie your feet together, that’s easy. Belt, shoestring, plastic bags…

I tried the foil last night and it worked! I had my first LD!

Yeah, I’m totally doing this tonight. And I’m going to STICK IT OUT!

Glad it helped you kragea! :smile: I see you only have one post. How peculiar.

Yeah, i just got into this whole lucid dreaming thing relatively recently and i’ve had a few so far. I have heard of something like this though (I don’t have the source, sorry). I was reading through this thread when I remembered it, but its a little different. I heard the monks would soak their feet with oil then wrap their feet tightly in wool. Apparently the contrast of the slick oil and scratchy wool made a sensation which allowed them to more easily maintain concioussness and be more aware of their surroundings. I didn’t hear they rubbed pickle juice on their nose, but I did hear that they spread an ointment on their face that contained urine. I haven’t tried it (the foil thing I mean, not the urine-ointment, but I havent tried that either and dont plan to ) but this foil-pickle juice theory seems to have the same idea.