Foil Induced Lucidity Method (was an April Fools)

I’ll wait to hear what others say about this… If they both have sucess with it I’ll give it a try.

Heh, that’s exactly why I don’t bother WILDing until nights before a day off.

I’m going to try this tonight. My only worry really is getting cut up around the ankle, but I’ll figure something out; tape the edge or something. I’ll “stack” it with a listen to this lucid dream inducing MP3 that I got from here and put on my iPod (had to plug that, there). I haven’t gotten an LD from it so far, but it puts me to sleep insanely quick and my dreams are so much more vivid when I wake up. :good:

Aight, sounds good.

Darxide your succes is inspiring to me. Do all your lucids come from WILDS + foil (so you stay conscious untill REM), or do you also have DILD’s with this (perhaps because of MILD combined with the foil idea?). Im curious to know, because I’m open to try this technique, however im an extremely bad WILDer from going to sleep at night (or at least that’s what I believe).

Hmm the FILM method? sounds interesting but the bad part is that think of your mom or brother whoever enters your bedroom see you with your body wrapped with foil?
im not trying to make you laugh but…i mean it sounds great to keep you concious about your body but at the same time it can put you in a funny situation if you girlfriend comes to your bedroom and say "honey? why are you all wrapped up?

not offense to the technique…is great and all but the foil thing scares me a little.

well, for one thing it’s only your feet(right?)

well yeah.

Well I tried it last night. :smile:

First of all, I was laughing out loud climbing into bed as I tossed the box of tin foil to the side. I’ve seriously lost it, haven’t I? I thought to myself. How’d it go? Well, I definitely slept very, very lightly. I was virtually asleep and having dreamlets, but I could hear my brother walking around upstairs in my dreamlet. Eventually his hopping on one foot (rolled his ankle the other day and says the crutches give him bruises) woke me up, but in the dreamlet I thought something was coming at me so when I woke up, I was looking around for what exactly it was. Anyway, the main point, it was a light sleep.

Unfortunately, I took them off around 1:00 AM I think. My feet got really hot and sweaty; I couldn’t bear it. During my actual sleep the dreams seemed to be a heck of a lot more vivid though. Tonight I’m going to do beta 1.1; punch holes in the foil after I’ve wrapped it around my feet (with a pen lid or something). I’d have definitely worn them all night had they not been so hot.

Whether or not it’s associated with wearing the foil (by this time the foil was off anyway) I finally had an LD – a WILD – which broke the 2 week dry-spell. This WILD was a little different… maybe it wasn’t a WILD at all, so to go off on a tangent, analyse this please and let me know what kind of “technique” or method it actually was.

I woke up at 6:00 AM, just as I’d planned, but since I didn’t have an LD, I decided to go back to bed a little longer and try to WILD. I got up, went to the bathroom, went back to bed. I soon lost conciousness and entered a dream about seeing the doc for my physical (which took place today.) In the dream I walked into the doctor’s office wearing a plain white t-shirt with PROSTATE on it; this popping up in my dream since I wasn’t looking forward to being groped. (Turns out, that part of the physical doesn’t apply, I’m too young. :grin:) ANYWAY! So before I entered the room for him to check me out, I just realized I was dreaming. No bells or whistles, I just said it. And said it over and over. Suddenly it was as if I was ------ I dunno. It’s hard to explain. I knew that in reality I was sleeping in my bed, and I was completely concious. My LD’s have never been so clear, ever! I saw extremely vivid images through my dream eyes. I shut them and wanted the scenerey to change but didn’t think hard enough. I opened my eyes again and saw the same image which I could never ever accurately describe. I can’t tell you how clear everything seemed!!! The strange thing about this “WILD” was that usually once I realize I’m dreaming, I “wake up” and go through the sounds, the vibes, all that jazz. This time I totally transitioned to this amazing awareness, completely silent, completely peaceful. In about 15 seconds the dream calmly faded away and I was looking at my pillow IRL.

Who knows, maybe the tin foil did help?

hmm, interesting. let us know how tonight goes.

Alright, sorry to disappoint, but I didn’t do it last night. I had to work today so it was a no go. But since tomorrow is Sunday, I’m definitely going to try it again and punch holes in the foil.

Quick question: When you guys wild have you ever heard your breathing? I break out of it sometimes because I can hear how shallow it is and it’s… well… very shallow!!! Maybe I’m a little TOO concious?

:smile: Well, great to hear you had a succesful lucid dream, Skidzzz! “Courage is always rewarded”. That was actually a DILD but hey - it was an LD!

The feet ARE supposed to get sweaty, that’s usually what keeps me conscious enough to slip into a WILD. I would still be interested to see what exactly happens when you poke holes in the foil.

Last night I also had an extremely vivid WILD! It involved a shopping mall and some friends of mine, but that’s way off subject.

AND

To answer someone’s question, yes I have also had DILDs with this method but I ALWAYS start off with a WILD. Now that I have been doing FILM so much I am starting to have DILDs on top of my nightly WILD! This technique honestly belongs in a book! The only trick is convincing people of how well it works.

Good luck again Skidzzz, I wish you more lucid dreams.

[/b]

Maybe I’m just stupid and confused…but I dont get this fully… All you do is just put foil on your feet and give it a go? Or are you guys doing other techniques on top of that like WILD and MILD. Or is the foil itself creating a WILD…
:bored: :eek: :eh: :confused: :help:

Yeah…once I figure that out…I think I’ll give this ago…although I do think my mom would get a little angry when she notices all the foil is missing…lol…

Yeah, just the foil. You don’t need even attempt WILD. Everything else will take care of itself.

Alright, I’ll try again tonight. LOL Don’t punch holes as this results in the foil pricking your feet, so I could only bear it for an hour! I can handle the sweatiness, I suppose, I just don’t want any warts to come because of this. :razz: Emmm, oh yeah. Also, I’m prone to hypnic jerks, so the sound the foil rubbing on the sheets makes during these constantly brings me to full conciousness, thankfully it’s minimal. Maybe I’ll try rolling up thick wads and placing them between my toes instead? We’ll see, I’m really going to mess around with this. :smile:

If the whole point is to get sweaty feet, can we also use 2 pairs of socks for example? That would cause my feet to sweat considerably at night, I think :razz:.

Last night, not only did I have a WILD but I had THREE DILDs!

You can try 2 pairs of socks… I know tin foil works for SURE. It may be
because the specific texture or feeling from it. And as I said before, I use pickle juice to make my WILDs more vivid.

I had amazing results AGAIN! Another WILD with THREE more DILDS! Wilds are much more fun if you ask me.

Grrr, I’ve been working early all week. Can’t wait til Friday night when I can sleep in as long as I want Sat! I’m gonna try the pickle juice too, methinks. If I can just bite the bullet and forget the sweatiness, I know I’ll have LD’s, cos I was having light sleep and vivid dreams the first few times.

Peace!

Sounds like a plan, Skidzzz! I am just as excited for your lucid dreams as my own.

But hey! Tibetian monks didn’t have foil did they! When was the foil invented? I would guess about 1950 or something, Buddhism was created 2500 years ago so…
But any way, if it works great…