Forming a Relationship with your Subconscious

Everytime I say “in four hours I will realize that I’m dreaming” it just sounds so empty. I can’t help it, it’s like my mind (or subconscious) doesn’t even get the meaning of it and thus it will not work (I feel that). I can’t make myself understand the meaning of the sentence (sounds crazy, but it’s like that), do you (or anybody else) have any suggestions what I can do to free my mind?

Robin, I know this sounds obvious…but just think of another statement! :razz:

Why try breaking through a locked door, when there is one right next to it that is open?

Where? :content:

I have this problem with a lot of stuff, maybe it comes from my concentration disorder. But, indeed saying “I will still know this idea tomorrow” worked. But what can I use then?

Well…a good one that was just presented to me by jepeltw would be “I will become lucid in my last REM cycle during my next sleep”. Of course it doesn’t have to be exactly like that…because that one is a bit long…lol. Just form it into something that is simple enough, yet gets the point to your SC.

Dead thread, I know, but I have to say, this sounds like an awesome idea! I’ve been using autosuggestion all wrong. I used to say “I will have a lucid dream tonight.” Lol. I suppose I haven’t been motivated much either =[. I’ll try this tonight! xD!

haha! I found this thread the other day but didn’t post because I was afraid to poke the dead :happy:

I’ve been doing autosuggestion these past nights with great results. I recommend taking a look at this thread too in case you haven’t already :content:

According to it I’ve been doing it wrong :bored:

Best of luck with it!

Ha,ha thanks! That’s really funny :tongue:.

I’m going to give this a try. My LD’s have been few and far between lately and I feel as if I just haven’t been that focused.

I know this is a rather old thread, but seeing that it has slightly re-opened a bit, I decided to post. :biggrin:

Wow, whenever I tried Autosuggestion, I’ve been doing it completely wrong. Ben, this was very informative and uplifting! Thank you so much because you just boosted my confidence. :good: And also special thanks to mattias for directing me to this lovely thread!

I am definitely going to try this, and I think I’ll start today. I’m so excited, this sounds like something that could work for me. Unfortuantely… I think I’m getting my hopes a little too high. I have trouble being 100% sure about what I’m saying. /: But I’ve got to give this a shot! Once again, I know this is an old thread but, I’ll post my results throughout the week just to put it out there. :spinning:

P.S. This should totally go in the Lucid Library!

~Namine

Put this in the library too.

[Stop trying to dream.)

I think this would help.

“Tonight when I am dreaming I will Realise I am Dreaming and Take control” good enough?

I have never tried this whole Insert Time technique before How many more people does this work for?

Should you say ‘I am’ or ‘I will’?

Forget what you’ve come to know as being ‘realistic’. Just smile and pretend you’re a kid again. :smile: Anything you think is real, and can happen. Kind of like ‘The Secret’<<incase you haven’t heard of it theres a documentary on it, and it’s also a book :content: >> If you say you will have a luicd dream, it will happen…unless you manage to take too much conscienceness with you and you wake up :razz:

I wrote this article four years ago, hehe. If you would’ve asked me then, I may have had a different answer, but I believe the words “I am” are far more powerful than “I will”. Wants and desires are a lot weaker than what’s actually happening. Using “will” only tells your mind that at this very moment, you cannot–but sometime in the future, you hopefully can. “Am”, however, says that not only can you do it now, but also that you always have been and will be able to do it.

I didn’t like what I wrote here as time progressed, which is why I rewrote the article. You can find the alterations here:

[url]I am a Lucid Dreamer: Commanding the Subconscious Mind]

Wow.

Today I was walking home through some deserted place and had the idea to talk to my subconscious out loud. “Subconscious, obey me. I order you to inform me of when I am dreaming. You must tell me when I am dreaming.”
I knew that my relationship with my subconscious needed to be reestablished.

Bendrumming58, I have read your more recent topic. After I first read it, I was saying to myself." I AM lucid dreaming." all day, and I would write it down too and that night I was in a dream when I said to myself, “I am lucid dreaming.” and voila! :lucid:

I was very tempted at one point to sit down and write I AM DREAMING over and over again (just like in school when you forget to do something), maybe 5 pages worth, just to see if it would transfer to my dream. Unfortunately I have not yet had the time to do so. :bored:

Hey Ben !

I wonder where you get these guides from. You are awesome ! Thank you ! :content:

Now I have a question: what about asking your SC nicely to give you a LD ? Like this: “Please, tomorrow at 4 AM I will realize I’m dreaming !”

I know it doesn’t sound demanding, but that’s the point, to be “nice” with your SC and it will be nice to you :tongue:. Just a thought.

You don’t have to be “nice” to your subconscious–it doesn’t care, hah. The thing about your subconscious is that it wants to help you at any cost. In fact, every single “decision” it makes is based off of what it perceives as assisting in your well-being. So, if you tell it something using the words “I am”, it will interpret that as a part of you that’s essential, therefore crucial to your well-being.

As for where I get some of this stuff–I just do a lot of reading and happened to run into a professional hypnotherapist who had some input on the subject. I’m not certain on the validity of the things I say, but it at least works for me! :tongue:

I actually do this sometimes. I have a notebook with so many pages of lucid affirmations I have written.

Oh, and I am sure that you can find even 15 minutes in the day to do this! Especially in the morning or right before bed. :wink:
I like your school analogy. Like your ‘punishment’ for not getting lucid would be to write “I AM aware that I am dreaming Now.” 100 times! :content:

Didn’t read the whole thread but this principle can be applied to everything.
Read Creative Visualization by Shatki Gawain.