ganja

some of you may remember a few months ago my little post about marijuana smoking affecting dreaming…
well i havent remembered a dream, let alone attempt an ld, in about a month and a half. why? cause ive been getting high every night before bed…
it really sucks cause i wanna get back into dreaming but i think im friggin addicted to the stuff heheh

dude… you should stop. At least cut back on it to about once a week!

um… why don’t you go off and masturbate all you want instead? Free and easy. (Hey, one needs an incentive to stop it) My cousin used to smoke. Then he found out he was a natural LDer (bastard…) and smokes drinks and screws only in his dreams. That way he never gets caught, he doesn’t get hurt, and it doesn’t cost him a thing. So if you invest in LDing a little more, it may pay off. Anyways good luck if you’re going to attempt a cut,

um, god be with you if you’re gonna try to LD and smoke!

hahaha why masturbate straight when you can masterbate stoned?

Your in a routine, its hard because you have to sleep anyway everynight and your getting into a routine of smoking everynight before bed. If you want to not smoke, do something that interests you that you don’t do when stoned. Find something. And it will help you to quit.

another thing, destroy/sell/give away any smoking utencils you have, and if your friends smoke, try to catch them when they arn’t, especially when they have dedicated a night to smoking…thats the biggest bitch of them all.

Do what you want, but just remember its going be 10 times harder. But then again, i get Ld’s and dream recall alot now. Everybody has different strands, yet different minds. :content:

smoking everyday is going to affect you a lot, you probably won’t notice much either cause it will ease its way in. Its especially bad if your a teenager cause it can alter your developing brain in some very bad ways.

Trust me on this addiction to weed is fucking shit, i know a little bit about it myself from experience as i used to smoke everyday for a while, sure its good at the time but its hard to quit, makes you very lazy, motivation very low and lowers your sex drive a lot. Quit smoking everyday, do it once a week or hardly ever.

But its your choice.

Dude, I get high on life.

Quote —>Dude, I get high on life.

:grin: That one made me smile! Reminds me of when all my friends & I went camping and swimming under the full moon, my friend used to always say that… those were the days stares off into space for a bit

Heh, thanks for the support guys, last night i didnt toke (didnt fall asleep till about 12:30, but still didnt toke). I want to cut it back on weekdays period, but on weekends i dont think anything can hold me back. Although i love dreaming, i still love my marijuana haha
But yeah i think i will start cutting it back more and more every week until i no longer smoke unneccesarily on weekdays :content:

By the way infection, i have pondered that for a long time, being able to do all the drugs i want in my dreams, that is an excellent idea. I just noticed you said good luck for smokin and lding at the same time haha
I just remembered that a few of my lds have been on accident when i went to bed high - although i can truly kiss it goodbye if i do it everynight

I smoke alot and I LD, sucks for you guys. :tongue:

I know how you feel, man. I used to not be able to remember any dreams at all if I had gotten stoned the night before. Somehow though I guess my mind got adjusted to it after doing it for so long (4 years). Do you have to get up early for anything? If so, then that may affect it. I am able to sleep as late as I want so maybe that has something to do with it. And don’t let anyone tell you smoking pot is bad. POT RULES!!!
And vote Howard Dean, the only presidential candidate I know, so far, who supports medical marijuana.

ive never noticed marijuana affect my dreaming abilities.

The only effect ganja smoking has on my dreams is that I get to sleep quite a bit easier and dream more vividly. I can still remember them, but I have yet to have a lucid dream while smoking. Also, I would need to smoke up right before bed. I’m not sure of the long term effects of constant use, cause I just do it every week and a half or so when the mood fits, or I’m out on the town with my friends.

the affects of chronic masturbation can be much more serious than the effects of chronic (pardon the pun) smoking. they both share, depression and decreased sex drive. chronic masturbatiing can lead to prostate problems, back and joint pain/weakness, thinning hair and other stuff.

When it comes to being a pothead or serious dreamer you usually have to choose one or the other or at least alternate between the two. getting high is great but long term use can take a toll on your physical and mental as well as your appearance. when it comes to quiting being high all the time the best thing to do is find reasons to quit (dreams, health, your mind, etc.) that are more important to you than getting high. and also realizing that the effects of pot aren’t as great as it seems to you when you’re high and that you can live without it.

another thing- i think its interesting how many pothead/dreamers are in denial about the effects weed has on dreaming. I wish it weren’t true but it does decrease the quality of your dreams when used regularly (daily). stop smoking for two weeks and i bet your dreams intensity will skyrocket, i know this firsthand.

Good point. Damn. Well um… uh… well thanks for ruining my only reason for him to quit smoking! Now you’re just egging him on to masturbate AND smoke!

…back and joint pain? I don’t believe it… thinning hair? Don’t believe that either. Depression? Well… I would think depression is caused by something else, because I tested… I was the same depressed every day even though I cut back… and then relapsed. The pressures of school and life are the only reasons I am depressed all the time. The prostate stuff… I once read somewhere that ejaculating once in a while could prevent enlargement of the prostate… I think it was my mom’s Prevention magazine. Anyways, you can send me health risks, but I don’t think they’ll sway my penis.

Can you explain the pun? Can’t get… it…

Exercise is a good way of not being depressed!

How do you mean pressures of life? Don’t go putting expectations of your self now.

And

F U C K the media! Its bullshit

:rofl: Im speechless :rofl:

I am also trying to cut down on the weed. When I smoke it at night, I remember less dreams and LD’s become too short and “foggy”. But sometimes, once in a while, I’ll get super stoned at night and have some of the wildest, clear LD’s,So I don’t think it matters too much.
Just gotta remember my favorite saying;

Moderation in all things…Including Moderation!

So don’t stress over addiction, just follow your intuition. :wiske:

Drink coffee, it may help :content:

i’ll tell ya i cut back on smoking because i got heavy into dreaming. my recall SUCKED a little while ago and i stopped smoking and started concentrating. now i can remember at least one long vivid dream per night which was my goal, and something i COULD NOT do while smoking. i’ve also just become more alert in my everyday life (due to more sleep and more braincells and better lungs and more money and no paranoia and all that good stuff that comes a long with pot :wink: ) but yea i liked the reefer a while ago and i’ll admit i like to chill with my friends every now and then and toke up… (about once every 3 months)… but it’s just been a hell of a lot more positive in all aspects of my teenage life to quit smoking…

just a quiet interjection, but stick with what you think is best for you is the final word on that one.

stay happy

-p-Wes