ganja

Yes, drivers on pot kill alot of people, but not that many more than drunk drivers, if not less. Driving drunk is illeagle, and so isdriving on pot, but alchohal isnt illeagle, whereas pot is. And yes it has negitive effects, but alot of things do, the only negitive effects I know of BTW is lung cancer, which is the same with cigarettes/cigars, but someone who smokes pot smokes less than someone who smokes cigarettes. The other ‘negitive effects’ are mostly rumors or based on experiments done in the 40s. Like the fact that THC kills brain cells. Recent studies show that to be false.

Yuck. I clicked Preview post and somehow it got deleted.

My apologies for misunderstanding you.

Where are these “studies?” I’m not saying you are wrong, only that I really doubt credible studies have been done in this area.

I go by my own studies, which is personal experience. I rarely drive after smoking anyway, all I’m trying to say is that driving while high isn’t a big deal.

Again, yes, I know driving while high shouldn’t be done. That doesn’t mean pot should be illegal. Most teens I know only smoke while driving because it is illegal and they have nowhere else to do it.

As far as cell phones go, I live in the United States where it is legal to drive with them.

It’s just an opinion. At erowid.com, the only online site I trust because it is unbiased and dedicated only to giving out drug information, the only statistic I could find was that 50% of 12 graders tried marijuana in 2001.

Ha, I ws proud of your argument until you reverted to ad hominem. So rather than justifying your second statement let’s take a look at the first.
May I ask, where has it been proven to have negative effects? It certainly hasn’t been proven in America, where no credible effects of marijuana usage studies have ever been done.

If it can be used medically, can it really be that bad for you? Yes, it is bad for your lungs, but most people don’t smoke enough for it to be that bad for them. Yes, it can be abused, but so can water.

And yes, like any other drug, it probably has some negative side effects. So does weightlifting, eating, drinking, talking on cell phones, and just about anything else we do these days.

I have driven stoned MANY, MANY, times, and I must say that not all people who do this cause problems, nor do I believe that everyones reaction time is slowed. If it is so, then smart people compensate by driving slower. What’s meant to be will happen. I have been smoking for so long that it doesn’t even affect me anymore. The people who end up wrecking are the ones who are not paying attention in the first place. I always obey the speed limit, and I always take notice of other drivers. IT’S CALLED DEFENSIVE DRIVING! The only reason the statistics for drivers under the influence of marijuana are so high is because so much of the population smokes pot. This is never going to change. People are going to smoke pot whether or not you like it so stop bitching about it. If you don’t want to get high, then don’t. I’m sorry to say you’re missing out on such a positive conscious expanding experience.

Everyone that i know who smokes and drives do it just like normal.

I don’t know how people can make judgements on something they know nothing about. Thats just totally ignorant.

And by the way i’m not an addict, i hardly ever smoke.

And Alex, where do you live in Melbourne, if you want some i’ll hook u up hahahahahaha joking.

Just because i haven’t tried it doens’t mean i know nothing about it.
The study i saw on was on tv, on a credible documentary that was for using pot for medical purposes, where it can be monitored.
They actually showed the person doing the test and you could see the results. And also if you smoke pot and drink even under the limit your chances of crashing are greatly increased.

BTW i think that alcohol should be monitored a lot more as well. Cigarettes i don’t really care about unless someone is smoking it next to me. I don’t care about the side effects it has on you, if you want to do harm to yourself fine.

People that drive might seem to drive like normal, but under more difficult circumstances the risk of crashing is more likely.

Can i ask you all why, if it is such a good thing, that you don’t take it more often? And why do you think people give it up, other than being made to?

The key word here is THE. One person out of everyone in the world makes that test innacurate. Just because that loser screwed up you cannot assume everyone else will. Most likely they got some retard who had never smoked before and threw him behind the wheel. Of course pot will make you a little out of it if it’s your first time. The thing that pisses me off about those tests is that they never try them on experienced smokers. Bring the test to me. I’ll smoke the fattest blunt, deepest bowl, dankest hydro you got, and I guarantee you I’ll drive just as good as a non stoned driver. Also, the fact that you saw it on TV says enough.

You know nothing about the experience, which can be different for everyone.

Yeah, drinking and smoking then driving is a bad idea. No question about that.

Because, as I said, it can be abused, and then it’s a bad thing. I used to smoke daily, now as I said it’s less than weekly. Just because it’s not a big deal to me anymore, I hate spending all that money. If a friend offers it, I’ll smoke, if not I then I don’t care.

I never said it was such a good thing, simply that it isn’t a bad thing. And it should definitely be a person’s choice if they want to smoke it or not, not the government’s.

Many people quit just beause they grow out of it. That, and and getting in trouble as you mentioned, or because someone you care about more than pot makes you quit.