Ghosts?

Do you guys believe in ghosts? Do they actually exist? If somebody has seen a ghost, could it be possible that it’s somebody having a Lucid Dream experience? I think this is a pretty cool and creepy topic, so lets all discuss it? I’m sorry if I posted it in the wrong category, please move it if I did.

(Moved to Beyond Dreaming -Mod)

Well I guess if you believe in a life after death, this could be described as “ghosts” or “spirits” perhaps. What I do think however is that whatever the case, these certainly are not people lucid dreaming :smile:.

I really don’t know what will happen after death. I don’t know whether to believe in heaven or hell. When I try philosophate on death, I go crazy, therefore I have to go to the gym to get rid of it. It works.

[color=green]Hi zenica

I believes in ghosts. But if ur asking for proof, i cant give you any.[/color]

It is totally possible that someone is having a lucid dream experience or an OBE. If you read the example that Robert Monroe talks about in his book Out of Body Experiences, it will show an example of what happened during a seance.

I believe that ghosts could be traces of spirits left by deceased that have not fully passed on to the next life where the new incarnated subject is in need of a soul retrieval from a Shaman.
They could also be the astral bodies of regular dreamers that are in the process of their own work spiritual work.

Many possibilities here.

I’ve seen what I thought were ghosts. Rather they are or not I’m not sure. I lived with my aunt for a short time years ago. She claimed it was haunted. Anyway, I was walking down the hall around 9 at night. I turned the corner and stopped. I seen what I thought was an old Indian medicine man wearing a bird beak and covered with feathers, and beads. he turned into a room. I was scared to death but thought I’d imagined it. I crept up and peaked inside and there was nothing there. That was my first experience.

Every once in awhile though I still think I some now and then. I live 8 miles out in the country now, on the edge of a forest, and caught glimpses of mistsy cloud shapes, and other “things” moving into and out of the woods. I think it’s in my mind, but you never know.

As far as do I think ghosts exist? I’m not too sure really. I have my moments where I think either way on it.

To the believer no proof is neccessary, to the non-believer no proof is possible.

I do believe in ghosts and the spirit world, i’ve had my own experiences as well as hearing about my mother’s many experiences.

[color=green]Hi Dark Matter[/color]

[color=green]Very nicely said :smile:[/color]

Yes this is what I was thinking.

Maybe you could find out what these Indians were, what they believe it, etc. Get informed about them, it might have happened to you for a reason.

Here’s some info. You should look up eagle or raven.

Armadillo- slow, sure animal. no hurry - gets things right. keeper of the home.
Badger- the ability to reach a desired goal
Bear- strength, inner power to perceive ones present circumstances
Beaver- progressive builder, one who promotes family unity
Buffalo- steadfast endurance to rise above one’s weakness
Coyote- the ability to laugh at oneself, humor
Eagle- a soaring spirit that transcends personal problems, a connection to the Divine
Fox- camouflage, protection
Frog- for centuries able to petition the spririts to bring forth abundant rain
Horned Toad- self-reliance, longevity in life. conservation of native bounty.
Horse- one of only two fetishes that have innate healing powers
Mole keeper of the underground. amplifies connections with the earth.
Mountain Lion leadership, resourcefulness
Owl - keeper of the night. controls the dark side of nature. wise, smart, patient and endurance of mind.
Ram -used to procure an increase of herds
Raven -this bird’s beak is scratched across an afflicted person’s skull releasing it’s healing powers
Snake- a powerful fetish symbolizing life, death and rebirth
Turtle- a symbol of long, meaningful life
Wolf- teacher, path finder on the never ending journey for survival

I notice you are from London (i assume london UK?) I got that from Derek Acorah, a spiritualist medium that works with the “most haunted team” from livingtv.

one of the few ghost related programs that isn’t completely fake.

We brought this subject up in a different thread called “Paranormal”. But your question is a little different.

I believe in ghosts but I don’t necessarily believe that the people who see them are always lucid. I mean we can conjure any image during a good solid LD but a ghost is a ghost and it’s shape and descriptions are all the same.

When your lucid, you’d give the ghost any shape. It could look like Casper. But you wouldn’t have one that’ll scare the gadzukee out of you.

Ghosts can be many different things. It could be the spirit energy left by the deceased that was so strong that wanders where the person died. Also could be an evil energy trying to confuse the victims by taking anyone’s form.

This is completely different from what we are talking about, no offense. What I’m asking the people is: Is a ghost a person that is having a lucid dream, OBE or some sort of astral projection?

[color=green]Hi Dark Matter

I am indeed from London, UK. And as far those ghost programs go, i wouldnt trust them as far as thrwoing them. Did you see the one show where the guy started acting like he was taken over by a ghost? I think it was the Most Haunted Series. It was amazing looooolll. But it was a fake. I lost my trust in these programs then. Altho, there is a new show running here called, C.A.T.S or something. Its an american program. I like theirs better becoz they try to disprove what they find while on a ghost hunt, and dont take every orbe of light to be a free spirit lol.[/color]

Oh so you mean if a ghost is an OBE’ing person. Well i not really sure about that, but remember that most ghosts accounts are of dead ppl so…

[color=green]Hi CranberryDude

WHAT? looooooooooooooool Did i say that??? Noooo. I dont think ghost is an OBEing entity. Im saying, that they dont take every light ball tht moves through the camera to be a spirit loooooo. :lol: [/color]

Thanks for clearing that up. This is an interesting question truly.

I believe not. The only reason I say this is b/c if it were me who was astral projecting or in an LD and came across someone who’d talk to me. I’d do a lot of talking, therefore clearing up that I am not actually dead. But then that would be for not if the person was afraid.

Fear is what keeps us from truly understanding any given situation. If we learn to put aside the fear then maybe these questions would be answered.

This is a very interesting topic. I’ve never really thought about the possibility that “ghosts” are actually other people asleep and having an OBE/AP experience. I guess it is because as one other person already stated, ghost accounts are typically of the deceased. Most of what I’ve heard from people who have seen ghosts is that they are always dressed in old clothes, from hundreds of years ago, civil wars uniforms, etc. So this would cause me to believe that ghosts and OBEing/APing people have nothing to do with one another.

I’m not sure if I believe in ghosts or not but it would be pretty cool to see one I think. Then again after some of the stuff I’ve seen during WILDs I don’t know if I’d believe it even if I saw it. One time I woke up and there was a 4 foot tall jack rabbit wearing prison stripes with a huge ass creepy grin on it’s face standing next to my bed, just staring at me. I got out of bed, and it was just frozen there, it’s eyes fixated on where I was just laying. Well I walked right past it and flew out the door.

Ghosts or Spirits, exist within us. These are our very spiritual existence aside from our earth-bound physical bodies.

Life continues after death, as a ghost. You somehow also gain powers when you are dead, that you can use to mess with the living. But let’s not talk about that, or Wolf knows how to come to Norway and screw my life. :tongue:

Only people who have the very psychic ability can communicate with ghosts. These are called “a medium”.

I’ve never experienced ghosts during my dreams as I recall until now. But ghosts IWL can be freaky.

For more info about ghosts and how to do something more related to it, check out > www.ghoststudy.com < WARNING! Not for the faint of heart or easily scared!