Hand meditation?

I was talking to a girl in my art class who’s had lucid dreams before. she told me all she did was sit in bed and stare at her hands for a while before going to sleep.

Has anyone else done/tried this, if so, A. Does it work, B. How did you do it exactly and C. How long does it take?

when I became lucid for the first time it was after talking to a friend that told me about lucid dreaming. He told me to look at my hands next time I relized I was dreaming and I could control my dreams. Just so happens that night I had a LD and I remembered him telling me to look at my hands and I did. It was an amazing feeling to have control. As for meditating on my hands before I fall asleep i haven’t tried it maybe I will tonight.

There is a tech that you stare at your hands and repeat next time i see my hand i will be dreaming, and from there you become lucid. I should try this tonight but i’ve seen it multiple times an different sites

Amazingly, this tech is completely new to me. The only thing I could imagine that makes it successful for your friend is the fact that she is keeping the image of her hands on her mind, which would then hopefully transfer to a dream. Personally, I would probably devote my time to other techs, but seeing as how I have never heard of this or tried it, it may be worth a shot.

Ya i think i saw it in bendrummin’s infinity its the first day task

matt94, do you have a link to that? I’d like to take a look.

I believe its one of the techs described by Carlos Castaneda in one of his books.

It’s also the tech that Robert Waggoner describes in his book that he used to have LD’s when he was young :smile:

Yes, that’s a reality check.
But this is different.

I’ve also never heard of it.

Sorry it took me so long but heres the link to Infinity its on day two