Harry Potter Discussion [warning: spoilers]

whoops, that’s been said allready

and @cid
voldemort casted avada kedavra
harry used expelliarmus cos you remember what mad-eye moody said about the unforgiveable curses?
“even if you were all to cast avada kedavra at me it would most likely not give me more then a bleeding nose”(freely translated from dutch)
so harry could never have cast avada kedavra
and i’m sure she’ll finish all 7 or 8 books and make the movies 5-8

snape kills dumbledore… that’s all to be said… and that, combined with the fact that he’s a death eater, makes him evil

Wormtail - Ron’s pocket. :eek:

Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore’s orders. I firmly believe that, that does not mean however that I believe Snape is truely good either.

I believe Snape is playing both sides for fools.

@ sirius: I watched the movie on the cinematics here, and I saw Harry cast the killer-spell, Voldemort the Expelliarmus spell. Don’t get me wrong, but that’s what I saw and I won’t believe anything else.

Harry decided that things had to end, so he did the k-spell on Voldemort, and Voldemort confidentially countered with Expelliarmus, and their wands connect. Watch it again and you’ll see why I say this. :smile:

Nope notin the ooks .

If they have made it that way in the movies that make me :grrr:

Voldemort have taken what he wat from harry and wanna battle him .
If he didn`t want harry to have a wand he would have emoved it earlier .

Harry see death , but tries an exitarmus for last try .

[size=150]Harry dont know how to do avada kadavara ![/size]

:peek: don’t say the AK curse in here, it might blow up the topic :tongue:

I think the theories on that site, that dumbledore is actually still alive, and the hints they gave, are very plausible.

when I read the book, i was waiting to see D’s body, but it was never there, and it left me with the feeling that something isn’t right here. I hope in the last book he will come back, would be a cool ending :smile:

Arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh Q

AK wont blow the topic up .

It might leave all of us stone dead , yes very pplausible , but blown up ? No ! :tongue:

Exsplosivo is another case

Harry deffinately did not cast the Avada Kedavra curse. I have the darn thing on my PC so trust me. It was the correct way round. :tongue:

Huh? I definately recall Harry do the k-spell and Voldemort Expelliarmus… :confused:

Nope. I watched it just to check…

Harry says: Have it you’re way… Expe… (LV starts saying the AK spell here - fast so they finish speaking at the same time)

cid, for (i believe the second time) mad eye moody said it needs powerful magic whom the whole class(including harry ron and hermoine) would not nearly have so harry could never have cast avada kedavra on voldemort, but since voldemort is the second most powerful wizard on earth he must’ve been able too,

Agreeing with sirius .

1. Harry couldnt do AK
  2. Voldemort wouldnt do exitarmus against harry .
  3. Teh book says that voldemort use AK

huh on your PC? you mean the book?

Don’t lynch me … I have seen the first two films now and don’'t know what all the fuss is about.
There were some good special effects but that was all.
All the characters are so 2 dimensional …

Any of the unforgivable curses require a lot more power than Harry has. In the fifth book, he tries the cruciatus on Bellatrix Lestrange and it barely affects her compared to what it should do.

No i mean the film. Put the handcuffs down.

The unforgivable curses don’t so much as need powerful magic as they do the caster to enjoy doing them. Emotion (hate/love) is the most powerful magic there is, to truely enjoy torturing someone is just something Harry can’t do.

I don’t believe he will ever be able perform an Unforgivable curse, nor do I believe that he will defeat Voldemort by using one in the end. He will do something else.

Does Mad-Eye Moody enjoy doing them? I know that enjoyment is neccecary to do them, and I know that Barty Crouch Jr. Impersonated Moody, but one assumes that since Crouch/Moody says in class that he and Dumbledore don’t agree with the ministry and think that the children should see. That means that Dumbledore knows that Moody can do them. Does he enjoy it?

Moody can do them (both real and fake)

The ministry at one point allowed it’s aurors to use unforgivable curses on Death Eaters. Some people could find pleasure in doing such things again people who have killed, maimed and tortured others. Some people like that but aren’t dark enough to do it for no reason.

As far as fake Moody goes, we know he was enjoying it purely by the look on his face while he was using them on the spiders (ok fine they were tailless whip scorpions in the film) that and we know what he did to Neville’s parents.

As already mentioned Bellatrix also said this at the ministry when Harry tried to use one on her. While the AV curse may work slightly differently than Crucio I suspect the same rules apply.

Are you saying there will not be a seventh movie??

@ Petter: “Exitarmus” is the norwegian translation of the spell “Expelliarmus”.