Has anybody ever died in a Lucid Dream?

I was just wondering if anybody’s ever died in a Lucid Dream? What would happen then? I’m sure when I woke up I’d be totally relieved that I was alive, but what would happen if I got so freaked out that I woke up and paniced so much that I had a heart attack or something? Kinda like a night terror, only this time it was a lot worse and you really did die. Another thing, has anybody ever tried to see what Heaven or Hell looks like in a LD? I doubt it would be the real thing though, it’ll always be impossible to really see Heaven or Hell before you’re there. But has anybody ever tried that?

Well i almost died i was falling and i flew up just as i was about to die. It was pretty fun but i dont know what happens. I bet you wake up before you die because it is pretty scary. The only thing i knew i was dreaming so i didnt wake up.

I have tried to kill myself in some of my lds… but never been able too :grrr:

Jumped of big buildings, usually i seem to slow down before i hit the ground…

Well i may have…
I jumped off a building (that was swaying by the way) and fell quicker than i would in RL. But when i hit the ground i just woke up suddenly. I suppose i died.
I hope this is what you were looking for, or maybe you wanted someone who had an afterlife experience?

I died in one of my dreams and then became lucid to revive myself… (kinda like Neo in Matrix, eh? :smile:)

You can read the whole thing at xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/i … php?t=1625

Dying isn´t that bad when you are in a lucid dream.In fact, it is less frightening than in a normal dream (at least I think so) ,cause you know that you are dreaming.I jumped of a building in a LD, but I woke up before I really hit the ground.
In normal dreams I died, and even experienced a bit of afterlife (this was when I was perhaps 6 years old).After I was shot by soldiers, I flew through some sort of tunnel system.Then the tunnel split, I wanted to enter the left tunnel, but I got sucked in the other tunnel against my will.Somehow I knew that in the left tunnel something nice would be, and that I mustn´t fly in the tunnel to me right.I was so shocked when I got sucked into the tunnel to my right that I woke up.
I also remember that there was some sort of voice, or pictures, that showed me something.I am not sure what it was, though, but I somehow think that I saw flowers that were pushed into styropor or something…
Weird dream that was

Traumgänger

Whoa, that tunnel thing is really a powerful message. Because that’s what most people see when they have their ‘near-death’ experiences… I wonder what’s on the right, hell?

On the left Morpheus with a red pill, on the right Morpheus with a blue pill. Or was it the reverse? :wink:

I cant die in a ld and also not in a dream…
As a kid i was shot by WWII Germans lol in my dream…the bulllits hit me and i heard the german soldiers say…“HUh He should be dead” i was really a sieve…but nothing happend i just lived on in my dream…very strange! My subconsciousness didnt believe it lol…so i lived on in my dream…very funny!

:smile:

Some days ago i had a dream in which i was pushed in front of a subway train. This situation was so unusual and weird to me that i realized that i was dreaming during i was dying. Because i was not really sure about me being dreaming (i think about 75% that i was in a dream) i also thought that my experience could be a real after-death experience.
Everything around me was black but i felt that i could dissolve this blackness and experience a lot of new things. After approximately five seconds i woke up.
I think in this relation i have to mention that two of me best friend committed suicide 4 months ago. So it may have been a kind of subconscious message i do not want to interprete here. :neutral:
But i think dreaming about your own death can tell you a lot about yourself.

Enjoy your life,
Amoebe :smile:

Long time ago when I was very expert at having LDs, there would be some situations where I become frustrated because maybe my friends didn’t care about me enough or something similar. Suddenly, I would become lucid so I just started praying, “Dear Heavenly Father, on my signal… make me dead and allow me return to your home. Amen.” Then I looked up at my friends and said, “I’m going to die.” I gave a signal and I died immediately. I was now a ghost, seeing my dead body. I became attracted into the bright white light. I woke up, feeling very disppointed that I never got to see the heaven.

Yes I have seen the heaven before, but they were all non-LDs. At least I was able to kill myself in a LD? :happy:

i think i have. i jumped from our house and hit the ground. suddenly i was in our house again and i jumped again. :smile: it was a little bit frightening but not so much that in real life.

Yes, that tunnel thing really sounds pretty similiar to the near death experiences.However, my tunnel wasnt dark with a light at the end.I cant remember it in detail, but I think there was light everywhere, although it was not THAT bright, and it wasnt natural light, not electrical either…

Dreaming is the land of HEAVEN. Stop trying to go somewhere where you already are :happy:

When I was younger I had a lot of dream where I died.
After I got over my fear of death, and anything, I stopped having those dreams.
But after I died, I was allways taking a bath!
:rofl:
How strange!

I had a ND which I saw my blood-pressure, or my pulse… I don’t remember what it was drop from 120 to 0, and then I fell to the ground… I was actually really calm the whole time, and I was calm when I woke up.
The weird thing is, when I was born I had my ambilical(spelling?) cord wrapped around my neck and my pulse was 120 and then it dropped to like 80.

im not sure (because im from finland), but i think you gots to write it “umbhilical chord”.

In my opinion in dreams or ld’s when you see something that you’ve never seen before you see what you think it would be like. So wouldn’t heaven or hell be different depending on the person’s beliefs and how they percieve it to be?

I remember one where I got fell and hit my head. It was warm and I had had pretty calm thoughts. I tries to stood up but my legs could not hold so I slowly fell again…I don’t think it was LD can’t recall

I’m just curious, are you sure this was a dream, and not a memory of a past life? (or death to be more accurate)

It does sound to me that it could be a past life flash than a dream. Just a thought.