has anyone ever DIED in an LD ?

Just wondering, because what happens to us when we ‘die’ in an LD depends on our religious beliefs.

What happened to you?

Mm… No. Nothing in a LD has ever been able to kill me flat out.

It wouldn’t though, unless you expected to die in the dream.

I wouldn’t recommend it though; some guy I know says dreams can kill you - if you expect to die your living body might respond and shut down and you might die!

SO DON’T DIE IN YOUR DREAMS.

I’ve never really “died” per se in a dream. I have done things that should kill me though, and those usually just result in me waking up or the dream blacking out.

Well thats not true. Because in normal dreams I’ve been killed and brutaly slaughtered before.

I’ve even become lucid through dying in a dream. In one lucid dream I did expect to die and I ‘died’ but then I realized I was still able to see and move. So I stood up already dead. So I dont count that as killing me, cause it didn’t work too well.

Well that’s good news!

I’ve died in an ND before. Jumped off a cliff to escape Satan. :smile: Fun stuff.

I died a couple of times in a dream.
One time an airplane dropped a bomb near me. At first the feeling was horrifying, but then I kinda made peace with myself and God, so the whole experience wasn’t frightening.
But the feeling of being incinerated by an explosion was very interesting to say the least… and very warm :happy:

Sometimes inside LD i throw myself of the building or run into the car, and kill myself. I really like doing that.
It usually gets me on another more concious dream level. In ND when they kill me I usually wake up.

I mean, did you go to heaven or something?

Or you “blackout” ?

or what

I usually go trough darkness, like a void- either i fall trough it or i am pulled by somekinda force and moved until i come to some place. Sometimes I meet my spiritual guides there and receive messages, sometimes i meet my demons. But it is always learning experience-

I think the latest episode was when I was stabbed in the chest.

Personally, I kind of “black out” when I die, which is to say I wake up instead of fall asleep…

I must admit I have never actualy died, but I have come close. I had some form of fictional disease. I cured my self though. But just when I was about to die everything was bright and “whiteish”.

That’s all good new’s!! I too heard that if you die in a dream, you die in real life. This topic really relieved me of that fear. :smile:

omg if u diee in teh game, u die in reel lief.

I never heard any of this. But when I died, I became a spirit and hovered over my body for a little while.

Technicly this wasn’t in an LD but whatever. It all started when my family brought home a new pet which just happened to be Gollum’s (from LOTR) brother. At first he was a novel pet, but… Later on as he gazed at me through a screen door he uttered a few horrible words; “Oh mama I wanna kill”. Quickly I looked for an escape route but could not find one. I ran to the center of the room but as I neared a table the horrible anti-pet smacked me on the head and killed me! After that I still saw through my eyes except I could not move or think. Also Gollum’s brother ran around laughing. The End.

I’ve died in MANY of my normal dreams. Once I was torched and woke up not breathing. Another I was blown up since my bus drove next to a burning field full of oil barrels. That afterlife, I had to read some 1 billion page book and answer a quiz on it. That was in space.

I also died in a lucid dream. Once I realized I was dreaming, I jumped off a Red baron-style plane and smashed into my room. I woke up after that.

Tiny problem in the logic of the “if you die in a dream, you die in real life” thing. How would anyone know? Has anyone interviewed corpses to find out what they were dreaming about when they died? Has anyone killed themselves repeatedly in dreams, then made notes of how many times they died in real life? Sounds like some folks have been watching A Nightmare On Elm Street a bit too much :razz:

Doppelganger07, that sounds as if you dreamed of having an out-of-body experience!

And this is just speculation, probably fuelled by some scientists’ theories or somethign like that.

But one time, I was drifting off to sleep, you know, when your mind is blank and you’re inbetween dreams, and I woke up, gasping for air. It was as if I had forgot to breathe. Ok, this has nothing to do with dying in LDs…

I died many many times in dreams… I’m not sure if i’ve had an LD in which I haven’t died… My SG kills me every time I see him!